· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Question too many rubber lip plecos

0 Not allowed!
    I seem to have a pair of rubber lip plecos in my 125g. heavily planted aquarium-I say this not because I see them a lot, but because I have a lot of babies showing up. The babies are a lot cuter than the parents, very dark grey with tiny white spots becoming smaller and more numerous toward the head, also white edge on the tail and dorsal fins which are not particularly apparent in the parent fish. The mature fish are only 4.5 inches or so, these are not big plecos, but I am becoming concerned, I now have three different sizes of young fish and I don't want an all rubber lip tank! I also don't want to tear up my plants trying to catch these rather shy and largely nocturnal fish. I am wondering about those worm/fish traps that are used in reef tanks for bristle worms, if I baited one with pleco wafers would they work to catch excess young fish? I hate to buy one if they wouldn't work at all. Anybody have any suggestions?

0 Not allowed!
    those traps are really high priced considering that you could make your own fish traps.
    the simplest design would consist of a soda bottle that has the top cut off at about the part where it starts to taper.
    the bottleneck is enlarged/modified to suit species and size and then inverted and stuck back into the body of the bottle. the bottle is baited with food
    that appeals to the target species and after that the wait is on.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Excellent idea! I never heard of one made that way but it sounds easy and I have plenty of diet coke bottles! I assume a little 100% silicone holds it together and at least it won't cost me anything. Thanks, its worth a try.

Awards Showcase

hope this works - William hopefully this one shows up. - KingFisher It's the closest thing I could find to a snowflake. - Taurus Happy Birthday Girl. Wishing you many more. Ya thats why the Champagne is in play. hehehe - Strider199 For piping up - ~firefly~ 
    Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas - gadget228 Thank you and Happy Holidays! - KingFisher Merry x-mas and a Happy New Year Trillianne - Strider199 
    Happy New Year!!! - Rue Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 Thanks for the Rep! - steeler1 Thanks, and one for you too. - mommy1 
    lol - 5 steps to gift giving.  We should eat more bananas... potassium and all that. - KevinVA Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 No Message - Fishhook A Birthday Bunny. - gadget228 

0 Not allowed!
    Congrats on the fry! What do you plan to do with them once you catch them?

~She asked with a gleam in her eye~

Awards Showcase

Thanks for the help and advice - Slaphppy7 My turn to buy - fishmommie It's EOTW Beer Time! - KevinVA Nobody likes to drinl alone :) - steeler58 Back at you,  good sir! - Compass 
    Here's to Lee's 5000 and Guava Flavored Whiskey! - Taurus Why drink alone, when a Sandz is nearby? - KevinVA Sorry to hear of your loss, it always sucks to lose fish. - mommy1 Wish it was a real one, sorry for your loses :( - steeler58 So sorry about your fish! - SeaLady 
    Here is pie. - mommy1 for the one you lost :o( - fishmommie No Message - Fishhook Bottoms up! - Slaphppy7 Thanks, this one is on me - mommy1 
    Here's to 4,000 posts :) - steeler58 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 TGIF and here's to good whiskey :-) - Taurus Thanks for the rep :) - rebecca_finny pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie 

0 Not allowed!
    To bad you are so far away! I have a need for 40 or so of these guys.
    FW: 1 45gal, 1 40gal, 3 10gal, 3 30gal all community tanks of different species
    Sw: 1 55gal, 1 30gal show, 1 29gal show, 1 20gal and 2 10's

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Give them away!

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I would be happy to give you some if you're going by!