· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

0 Not allowed!
    Well done for avoiding dyed fish. To be honest - I would think twice about purchasing anything from a store that supports dyed fish. Have you considered writing to the manager or asking them to stop the cruel trade in dyed fish? It would be well worth doing as the store may not even be educated in the harm it does.
    "Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." Carl Sagan

~ 350 Litre Tank Journal ~ ~ 30 Litre Tank Journal ~

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I'm heading there later today and I'll bring it up. The next closest place is a box store, about 30 min away, the LFS is only 5.

Off topic, will black skirts shoal with white skirts? I know the LFS has black skirts. Also, for cherry barbs, 6+ preferable?

0 Not allowed!
    I would think they would shoal together. You could always try it and if they don't, see about rehoming the whites.

Cherry barbs - I'd say you want to aim for at least 8 as they can be nervous, loose schooling fish. They like shady covered areas and may hide in your tank for a few days until they settle. 6 females to 2 males will keep them peaceful and happy. They are fairly easy to sex in the store.

Gods Country, Eastern High Sierras, California

Awards Showcase

And one for you for as well. :) - Compass T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 To new fishies and gambling addictions! lol - Compass Good to see your still at it. - Strider199 Happy 2 year anniversary! - Slaphppy7 
    Congratualtions on 2 years at the AC.  We are all better for it! - fishmommie Happy 2nd anniversary. to Many more - SeaLady for the thing in your signature about saandy hook, i was in elementary during that time. - aquariumlover10 Thanks for the bucks!! - SeaLady No Message - RiversGirl 
    New fishys - SeaLady Congrats on 7,000 posts! - Slaphppy7 TGIF! - Taurus TGIF! - Taurus T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    Yes! TGIF - Compass TGIF Back at brother. ;-) - Taurus It's almost beer:30. - Taurus Here's a neon :) - rebecca_finny Thanks for all the good info lately--have a donut! - WhistlingBadger 
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler1 Childhood Cancer - steeler1 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - steeler1 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 

0 Not allowed!
    The white skirts I believe; are a color-morph of black skirts so they should be fine to school together.

+1 to firefly on her suggestion of Cherry barbs; they would contrast well with yoor black/white skirts.
    Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
    Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.
    -Vince Lombardi

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ― John Wooden
    Sandy Hook Elementary......Lest We Forget
    See my profile for my tanks and what fish I keep

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks to everyone for their suggestions. I decided to go with cardinal tetras for some color/activity. I added 7 of them (and extra one got in the bag) along with 4 more false julii corys, making a total of 8. The cory's seems to like the additions, before they all just huddled together in the back corner, now 5-6 of them go crazy all over the tank. Still looking to get more black/white skirt tetra and more cardinal tetra, but the tank is going through a mini-cycle after this last addition.

0 Not allowed!
    Sounds great. Make sure you keep an eye on your ammonia readings and do plenty of water changes to keep it below 0.25ppm. Any chance of a photo of your new stock?

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I can put a photo up this weekend. I actually just re-arranged the decor a couple days ago. Sadly both of my black mollies died (both were female). Just a couple min ago I thought my eyes deceived me, but I'm pretty sure there is a tiny black molly hiding in the planted side of the tank.

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    For the final stock there remains 4 white skirt tetra, 4 black skirt tetra, 12 cardinal tetra, 4 false julii cory, and 1 dwarf gourami. they are all doing well. thanks to all for the idea, next is a 55 gallon currently cycling. it has live, low light plants and drift wood for decor. I was thinking of having angels as a center piece. so far I was contemplating 3 angelfish, 2 bolivian rams, 3 yoyo loaches (I found small snails this morning...damn live plants), and possibly a small school, 6-8 of some kind of larger tetra, like congo etc...not sure if this will "overstock" though. Ideas? Opinions? Bitches? Gripes? Complaints? all are appreciated.