· Pond Fish
· Responsible Fish Keeping
· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default The new hobby that's been pulling all of time... (pics)

0 Not allowed!
    Not gonna lie, besides being busy at work there's been something else taking up a bunch of my time lately and keeping me away from my fish. Been getting back into shooting! Haven't done a whole lot since I was younger but it's been really fun getting into it. Not sure exactly why I chose now, I guess the combination of inheriting a couple guns and the new laws trying to be passed, tell me I can't do something and all of the sudden its all I want to do

Anyway here's my current collection, started with 2, and in just a couple months I have added 3 more to that. Its like fish, once you start down the path its incredibly hard to quit spending $$$ lol.

First is my Model 25 .22 Marlin, it's labeled a Glenfield. Not sure what year but it's in pretty solid shape. It originally belonged to a family friend before he died when I was a kid, this is the gun I learned to shoot on and it's been so much fun shooting it again! The scope is a recent addition.

Second is a Remington Model 1100 20g. It was one of my Grandfathers deer hunting guns and the only object he left me. Not sure how old it is, it was in my moms house for 10 years after he died till one day she called asking when I was ever going to pick up my shotgun, had no idea she had it lol. I pretty sure he owned it for at least 10 years before he died. He was super anal about his guns and it's in almost unfired condition. Don't plan on shooting it much, it's worth more to me as an heirloom but I did take to to the range and it performed flawlessly.

Third is my 1943 Mosin-Nagant Ex-Sniper. Pretty sure it was issued based on the condition and the wear on the rifling but im not an expert by any means. By far my favorite gun to shoot, so much fun!

Last is my Mossberg Maverick 88 Security 12g I bought as my home defense gun. Took it to the range for the first time and the damn thing almost dislocated my shoulder! Ordered a limbsaver for it and will have to practice allot more with it before id even consider leaving it loaded for a defense situation.

Also just bought this guy, a Tokarev TT33. Really wanted to have the right sidearm to go with my Mosin lol. Have a little experience shooting revolvers but this will be my first semi-auto, super excited! No CWL yet so it's at the store still, pick it up Friday. It's so clean im pretty sure it was unissued.

So lets see your collections, I knew from previous discussions that there are a few of us shooters on here.
    "At some point you aren't making the animal more dead...You are just making a bigger mess." - Demjor19

0 Not allowed!
    Nice looking Mosin-Nagant. They can be hard find in good shape

My top 4 rifles are as followes:

1950(ish) Lee Enfield No 7 Mark 1 in 22 cal

My CZ Model 542 Silhouette rilfe (22 cal)

My ruger 10/22

And my ruger mini 14 target model
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
    Merry Christmas! - Lab_Rat thank you for the birthday wishes - mommy1 Happy One Year AC Anniversary! - Rue For being understanding, thank you - Cliff (closest I could find to a catfish) Thanks for the nomination! - sheamurai 
    Thank you for the MOTM nomination - mommy1 I think you deserve a random gift. Yes, I think you do. - PhillipOrigami For being a fellow MA native! - Lolita Happy Birthday to you. - jeffs99dime Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    It's a Christmas Bunny, Merry Christmas. - gadget228 I've not seen anyone with an umbrella here. You seem to have an odd collection of gifts...so here's my contribution. :-) - ~firefly~ "genocidex;1139790]stupid question... but would i be able to use lawn clovers in a tank?  lol"  REALLY - Strider199 crayfish! - Brhino thanks for sharing - sheamurai 
    For filling out my school! :) - Flyby Stardancer silly rabbit... - sheamurai They say one of these a day keeps doctors away.... - Trillianne Day Two... - Trillianne Thanks for the frogbit very much :) - Greentoads41 
    World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - genocidex 

0 Not allowed!
    2 people whom im going to be choosy with my words....
    KING OF THE GOLD BARBS RAWR!!!!
    I wonder if i plant one of my tiger barbs would the demon seed grow to a full tree?
    gotta love them bunnies!
    I.R.S.: We've got what it takes to take what you've got!

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cliff View Post
    Nice looking Mosin-Nagant. They can be hard find in good shape
    Thanks! Yea I like it allot, allot of kick with the big 7.62x54 but tons of fun. That enfield is stunning, one of my favorite guns, I want one badly. Never seen one chambered in .22 before, I assume its a conversion? I see all your guns are .22, is that a canadian law thing? Love the look of the CZ as well.
    "At some point you aren't making the animal more dead...You are just making a bigger mess." - Demjor19

0 Not allowed!
    That model Lee Enfild was made in 22 cal just as you see it now, everything is orginal on that rifle. It was a training rifle used by the Canadian Army up until 1958 or 1959. That was for entry level target shooting training before moving up inot the tradional snipper style rifles. The peep sights on it are the orginal Parker & Hail sights as well.

Not all of my rilfes are in 22 cal, the mini 14 is 223, and I have a few more hunting rilfes 308 and a old 12 guage Remmington wingmaster. My next rilfe will be a Savage in 300 mag. But I do really enjoy my 22 cal the best. More of a challenge at 150 yards and you can shoot all day for a very low cost
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cliff View Post
    That model Lee Enfild was made in 22 cal just as you see it now, everything is orginal on that rifle. It was a training rifle used by the Canadian Army up until 1958 or 1959. That was for entry level target shooting training before moving up inot the tradional snipper style rifles. The peep sights on it are the orginal Parker & Hail sights as well.

Not all of my rilfes are in 22 cal, the mini 14 is 223, and I have a few more hunting rilfes 308 and a old 12 guage Remmington wingmaster. My next rilfe will be a Savage in 300 mag. But I do really enjoy my 22 cal the best. More of a challenge at 150 yards and you can shoot all day for a very low cost
    Interesting! I had thought they were all .303, im still new to the WW2 stuff, know just enough to get in trouble lol. Im with you on the .22's I do love shooting mine. Good luck with the 300 mag, never shot one myself but I hear its quite a bone shaker :)