· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Green Water

0 Not allowed!
    Since you have gotton the ammonia you are taking the quickest route of cycling your tank. Make sure to add a conditioner such as prime to deal with chlorine. Once you add the appropriate amount of ammonia just wait. The process will start in a few days. So many people can't take looking at empty tank. At least you have some plants. If you follow the cycling thread to the letter you can be cycled a lot sooner then cycling with fish. Again, be patient and good luck.

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks Rodm81. I know its killing me but at least its on its way. I don't mind waiting, i still need to do a lot of research on fish. :)

Plus i went out and bought a Circulator today. The tank is just isn't levelling out the temperature as well as I would like at either side.

I thought it would be about time I put a picture up so here goes;

00d39b46a9b711e2a9a222000aa81a0e_7.jpg

0 Not allowed!
    Is it common to find pure ammonia in department stores sold as cleaning products in the UK ? Typically that stuff is mixed with pure water to reduce the concentration making it a little safer form of ammonia. In Canada and the US, that is the most common form of ammonia that many of us use.

Or is all forms of pure ammonia taken off the markets in the UK ?

I really like the drift wood you have in your tank
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

0 Not allowed!
    Nice tank. The powerhead will def help circulate the water for heating. Very nice piece of driftwood. I can't tell of the green tint. Since ypou are in the cycling phase, up your temperature to about 82F. This helps out quite a bit.

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Finally i can reply. silly DDoS attacks.

Ammonia doesn't even seem to be present any more. A lot of the old sources are now some kind of hydrochloric acid or contain surfactants. The lady in the shop said they were told to sell what they had but it wouldn't be replaced. A huge warning even came up on the Till. Looks like fish food cycling will be the only way forward in the UK, the only other option is possibly a hairdressers.

Thanks, i love that piece of wood. I would really love to start growing something on the top of it but i am still reaching that. Seems a lot of them like 86+ water??

I am about to test the tank again tonight, I have already gone through one lot of ammonia and last night it was reading about 2 down from 5 two days ago. Not seeing and nitrites yet but hopefully soon. The plants are growing which is a good sign. I have a question to ask but ill browse or start a new thread on that.