· Pond Fish
· Responsible Fish Keeping
· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default L200+L240 , is it possible in one tank.

0 Not allowed!
    Could I have a L200 green phantom pleco and a L240 vampire pleco in the same tank. The tank is 55 gallons, eheim 2075 filter, 50% water change a week(amount may vary a little) other tank mates are 3 little firemouth cichlids(aiming for a pair, if not 1 firemouth) and 10 black skirt tetras. The tank dimensions are 48 inches long, 12 inches wide and 21 inches tall.

Awards Showcase

Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 and gift - mommy1 Thanks for the rep - Cliff Thanks for the rep, have a cool one on me, Cheers - Cliff Thanks and a new fish for the tank - glarior 
    Thanks for the gorgeous slide show! - fishmommie Thanks for the rep the other day - Cliff It's a Sudbury Saturday Night, Cheers - Cliff Hockey finals can not be watched without a hockey pop or two - Cliff Thanks for the rep :) - Greentoads41 
    Thanks for the Rep!! - steeler1 Merry Christmas! - steeler1 Merry Christmas - Cliff May you be living as high as the holiday hog this coming year! - Trillianne Happy New Year - mommy1 
    Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 Thanks for the Rep!! - steeler1 Have a Birthday fish!! - steeler1 Here you go sir, I just wish it had been a good game. - steeler1 Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Strider199 

0 Not allowed!
    Checking up on those two plecos at planet catfish ( a great resource for plecos by the way), you have picked two large species. The L200 gets to be around 7 inches and the L240 gets up to 9 inches.
    The note that I paid attention to on the L240 was,
    c/p.

Gets on with small lively catfish but avoid too many other larger bottom dwellers (unless space permits) due to the territorial disputes. They are also aggressive against other catfish with similar coloration.

I would do more research before committing to that plan.
    Warning; Bulldog Pleco guarding my Sons tank now..

Please remember; every keystroke has a consequence.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    If I were to do this I would try to set up their territories on opposite sides of the tank, how much would this help? I agree Planet Catfish is very helpful.

0 Not allowed!
    I don't think space permits but there is another issue:

Temp ranges from PC:
    28.0-31.0C or 82.4-87.8F = L240
    22.0-25.0C or 71.6-77F = L200

While fish are adaptable there's no need to fight it when you have options, Considering what temp your tetras prefer [And the size/space/teritorial issue] I'd go solo with the L200.
    Gas mileage isn't everything OIIIIIIIO
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.
    Why pretend there are no stupid questions? Actually, There are many stupid questions: "Should I drink this bleach?" Is just one example.
    Having said that, Just because it's a stupid question doesn't mean that it shouldn't be asked. It's better to know.

A warm beer is better than a cold beer. Because nothing is better than a cold beer, and a warm beer is better than nothing.

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Great I have already purchased the L200, just thought the L240 was cool looking, but I would rather have one thriving pleco than two that were just surviving.

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Are there any other smaller plecos you could think of that would be fine with the L200's parameters? Even if there are any would it be okay to add a another pleco.

0 Not allowed!
    Please stop thinking about "pleco" and start thinking in species.

You could add an l200 of the opposite sex, see if you can crack captive breeding this species.

Here's a list of whatever else is in that area: http://www.planetcatfish.com/common/...es&results=100
    You could add an hypancistrus or a peckoltia. No size issues and they won't compete much for food.

Awards Showcase

Friends don't let friends drink alone, and I'm there for you man - Cliff After all that virtual alcohol it's time to sober up with some virtual food - mommy1 I can't drink alone mate - ScottishFish I won't thank you because it's a thankless job 7 also I cannot find any CUC type gifts but thanks [ - 850R Cheers bud - Cliff 
    Time for a Pint? I cannae drink alone - ScottishFish Implied message here. - mommy1 Congrats MOTM !!! - Cliff Cheers! - escamosa I dunno why I'm giving you a skunkloach as your prize,. They just sound cool! :) - escamosa 
    Merry Christmas - KingFisher Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas!! - ScottishFish Happy X-mas! :-) - MCHRKiller Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 
    A cup of coffee to get you going on that build. - Strider199 Merry xmas! - ScottishFish Merry Christmas - mommy1 Happy New Year - mommy1 Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 

0 Not allowed!
    good advice above. food and bioload will be the major issues with housing multiple plecs. especially in a 55.
    Thar she blows!!!

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ><))>WBW<((>< View Post
    If I were to do this I would try to set up their territories on opposite sides of the tank, how much would this help? I agree Planet Catfish is very helpful.
    May I add that It's one thing to "set up territories" and another thing for the fish to realize this and take advantage LOL
    46 gal fw tank with black skirt tetras, neon tetras, spotted corys, cherry barbs, otoclinus, snails & 4 amano shrimp - plastic & live plants
    5 gal QT
    Remember: Our job is to take care of the water our fish live in

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    True, I guess in the end it is the fishes choice where they hide/live.