· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Awards Showcase

It's EOTW Beer Time! - KevinVA Nobody likes to drinl alone :) - steeler58 Back at you,  good sir! - Compass Here's to Lee's 5000 and Guava Flavored Whiskey! - Taurus Why drink alone, when a Sandz is nearby? - KevinVA 
    Sorry to hear of your loss, it always sucks to lose fish. - mommy1 Wish it was a real one, sorry for your loses :( - steeler58 So sorry about your fish! - SeaLady Here is pie. - mommy1 for the one you lost :o( - fishmommie 
    No Message - Fishhook Bottoms up! - Slaphppy7 Thanks, this one is on me - mommy1 Here's to 4,000 posts :) - steeler58 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    TGIF and here's to good whiskey :-) - Taurus Thanks for the rep :) - rebecca_finny pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie thank you for your help and advice - showmebutterfly Even Monday's are better with severum - showmebutterfly 

0 Not allowed!
    Havent updated it but its the one titled 40 tank journal. I am stalled at getting the electrical done. The link is http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...d.php?t=109411

I have the stand ready to mount to the wall, built 8ft high, 5ft and a few inches wide, fits 5 20 gal long tanks. I will take pics when I get it mounted and done.
    FW: 1 45gal, 1 40gal, 3 10gal, 3 30gal all community tanks of different species
    Sw: 1 55gal, 1 30gal show, 1 29gal show, 1 20gal and 2 10's

0 Not allowed!
    Whats your planned stock, my only thing is that I want to scape each tank and be able to see them

Awards Showcase

It's EOTW Beer Time! - KevinVA Nobody likes to drinl alone :) - steeler58 Back at you,  good sir! - Compass Here's to Lee's 5000 and Guava Flavored Whiskey! - Taurus Why drink alone, when a Sandz is nearby? - KevinVA 
    Sorry to hear of your loss, it always sucks to lose fish. - mommy1 Wish it was a real one, sorry for your loses :( - steeler58 So sorry about your fish! - SeaLady Here is pie. - mommy1 for the one you lost :o( - fishmommie 
    No Message - Fishhook Bottoms up! - Slaphppy7 Thanks, this one is on me - mommy1 Here's to 4,000 posts :) - steeler58 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    TGIF and here's to good whiskey :-) - Taurus Thanks for the rep :) - rebecca_finny pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie thank you for your help and advice - showmebutterfly Even Monday's are better with severum - showmebutterfly 

0 Not allowed!
    A lot of things have changed since I first updated that... maybe I should update it? First things first, I am taking the 75 gal tank down out of my living room and redoing a community tank. My 75s in my room are being moved to the garage with the rest, I am going to be extending what was a 20 tank stack to a full wall build with my 180, 75s, 55 sump on the tank racks and a few others sparced in.

I am going to be stocking different set ups. Looking to get back into dwarf cichlid breeding. I have rift lake cichlid breeding colonys growing out. Also looking to have as many discus pairs as I can manage.

0 Not allowed!
    Damn I can't find it, I was just reading a build on another forum (something I found on google) where a couple in atlanta turned there garage into a huge fish room / fish store

I'll keep trying to find it

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    That set up is really cool! I have a slightly wider garage and its set up different but I would LOVE to get that thing fully set up. One wall fish and on the far side a woodworking area.

0 Not allowed!
    As cool as something like that would be, i look at the logistics of it as being unrealistic to me. While I might be able to afford the costs, the utility bills and maintence would eventually drive me nuts...

I am thinking max like 8 "show" tanks and maybe a few extras if i need to raise fry or something else

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    I am running just a few tanks right now but have had many many more running. Its about 50 bucks more a month on my electric because I am looking at shop lights and a ceramic piston air pump. But im not in Buffalo NY and dont really need to heat my garage to much. The ambiant temp is really good in that room.

0 Not allowed!
    Yea that's what would be my problem with multiple tanks, specially if I went in a garage or basement, during the winter heating them is a pain. After i switched to glass lids the difference in insulation was obvious.

Are just the sponge filters enough to filter the tanks out? My only issue with them is the size and looks, thus why I will be buying aquaclears :), might start looking on black friday and such

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    If you were to do a basement that would be pretty stable. Underground doesnt fluctuate much.

Sponges can be ugly but they are effective for what I want. What I want and what you want are polar opposites. I like the species to breed them and grow them and want the easiest to clean forms. you want show tanks. I have plans for show tanks but not in my racks.