· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 164 of 248 FirstFirst ... 64114154162163164165166174214 ... LastLast
Results 1,631 to 1,640 of 2473

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas!  Hope you and your family have a great one! - KevinVA Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7 Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 I can't send you a real one, sorry for your loses - steeler1 
    Happy belated Birthday. - steeler58 Happy Drink Like a Viking Friday! - KevinVA Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 Sorry for you loss, wish it was a real one. - steeler58 It's EOTW Beer Time! - KevinVA 
    It's fish flake friday, like the old days!! - steeler58 Beer makes monday not suck so bad.. - Sandz In honor of Steelers 5k posts! - Sandz Couldn't give you rep, yet, but you deserve it with your contributions in the Discus/Angel thread.  Thanks! - KevinVA T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    Just for you being you! - Slaphppy7 pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie Have a Rummy nose for oldtimes sake ;-) - steeler58 Congrats on 2,000 post! - Slaphppy7 Sorry to hear about the loss of your Cat :( - steeler58 

0 Not allowed!
    Spardas, thank you! Yes it was something to open that box, I think it weighed 35 lbs it was huge and I had to carry it down a flight of stairs holding my breath the whole time ;). Getting to the fish was the hardest part, Kenny really knows how to ship his fish. I'm not kidding when I peeked in the bags they were like "hi, what took you so long"...I know it's a bit goofy but I'm just mesmerized by them. Could also be the lack of sleep and a glass of wine on any empty stomach...nope, it's them, I LOVE them

0 Not allowed!
    Typical of Kenny, same good old quality. Not sure how he shipped them nowadays but back then, he was well known for his super super tight triple rubber bands technique.

I see that they're happily moving around, not skittish at all, and definitely very attentive.

I'd bet they'd come straight to the top of the tank if you came up to it.

Discus: "Um, why is she just standing there? Where's the finger with those blood worms?"
    Discus 2: "She's holding out on us, quickly, spit water at her!"
    Discus 3: "Zooms back and forth like Dori, just keep swimming, just keeping swimming...."
    Discus 4: *Opens mouth in anticipation*
    Discus 5: "Quit stalling already, FOOOOOOOOOD!"
    Discus 6: "Do I look fat? I see my own reflection, I think I'm getting fat, darn KENNY! Then it sees the hand and forgets everything...FOOOOD"
    Think with logic and rationality more than emotion. Act with moderation and consideration. Contemplate ideals and realistic goals and weigh out possibilities and options. Temper not with personal delusions or false hope but learn to accept and move on.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    They look great Judi, congrats again, with your care and dedication they should color up in no time.

Awards Showcase

TGIF Indeed!!! - Compass TGIF It's Miller time and my lawn is mowed :P - Taurus Sorry for your loss :( - steeler58 To renew your energy from posting so much.  :) - WhistlingBadger TGIF back at you ;-) - steeler58 
    TGIF - showmebutterfly TGIF...too bad it only comes once per week :-) - Taurus TGIF indeed! - RiversGirl TGIF -- and TFAYH (thanks for all your help!) - wgoldfarb TGIF! - Compass 
    My first gift goes to you, hope you like the rummy nose :) - fish gazer Thanks so much. - metweezer here's to 14,000 posts :) - steeler58 For a Super-good idea! - Rue TGIF back at you :) - steeler58 
    TGIF!! - steeler58 TGIF!! - steeler58 TGIF indeed - RiversGirl TGIF back at you! - Taurus TGIF back to you! - wgoldfarb 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady 

0 Not allowed!
    +1 to mojo's sentiments....anyone have a bottle opener?...one glass of wine?...c'mon, lets celebrate!
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal

40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas!  Hope you and your family have a great one! - KevinVA Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7 Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 I can't send you a real one, sorry for your loses - steeler1 
    Happy belated Birthday. - steeler58 Happy Drink Like a Viking Friday! - KevinVA Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 Sorry for you loss, wish it was a real one. - steeler58 It's EOTW Beer Time! - KevinVA 
    It's fish flake friday, like the old days!! - steeler58 Beer makes monday not suck so bad.. - Sandz In honor of Steelers 5k posts! - Sandz Couldn't give you rep, yet, but you deserve it with your contributions in the Discus/Angel thread.  Thanks! - KevinVA T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    Just for you being you! - Slaphppy7 pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie Have a Rummy nose for oldtimes sake ;-) - steeler58 Congrats on 2,000 post! - Slaphppy7 Sorry to hear about the loss of your Cat :( - steeler58 

0 Not allowed!
    Spardas, omg you totally crack me up...I was taking as sip of wine while reading your post... nearly spit it out laughing but I'd never waste good wine :p

mojo, thank you so much for the vote of confidence! If you can remember back it was your tank I first saw with Discus that got me started on this path.

Slap, I've popped a cork and the champagne is flowing! Can't wait to see your final stock list!

0 Not allowed!
    Just wondering, did you feed them?

Are they coming up to top/front when you're there?
    Think with logic and rationality more than emotion. Act with moderation and consideration. Contemplate ideals and realistic goals and weigh out possibilities and options. Temper not with personal delusions or false hope but learn to accept and move on.

0 Not allowed!
    Judi they are gorgeous. I was watching your thread all day on my phone, but I didn't get a chance to actually post until now, I was being torn every which way at work today.

I have to ask, once they have been in the QT and are ready to move into the main tank, are you going to name them? I know you can't name them early because it will jinx it.
    I'm a big fan of naming any fish that can be easily identified from the others :) Maybe we could even vote on some names!

Oh also...you've officially inspired me. My next tank is going to be a 100+ gallon discus community. Considering how long it took me to get the 90, I'll be able to look forward to that in about ten years.

Looking at those pictures of them in the QT all I can do is picture how they are going to look in your main tank, swimming in and out of your manzanita branches. I can't wait!
    ~Manna
    10 gallon live planted aquarium with 6 neons
    90 gallon fw community in progress

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Spardas View Post
    Just wondering, did you feed them?

I waited until this morning to feed them but I can't say they ate really well, I was pretty sure they would have went after the FDBW when I attached them to the tank glass but they just sorta swam by them. I even held a bit in my fingers and they came right up to my hand but didn't eat anything. Right now I'm just giving them a little "alone time" to see if they can find it for themselves without my staring and directing.

Are they coming up to top/front when you're there?
    They are coming right up to the front of the tank when I'm there and they will follow me to the sides of the tank depending on the area I'm in. Not really going to the top of the tank though.

The side of the tank faces our family room and our big screen tv so last night the husband and I sat down to watch a movie and there were all six of them at side of the tank seeming to watch the movie with us. Totally cute.

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by CrunchyLeaf View Post
    Judi they are gorgeous. I was watching your thread all day on my phone, but I didn't get a chance to actually post until now, I was being torn every which way at work today.

Thank you! I've been smitten by them :D

I have to ask, once they have been in the QT and are ready to move into the main tank, are you going to name them? I know you can't name them early because it will jinx it.
    I'm a big fan of naming any fish that can be easily identified from the others :) Maybe we could even vote on some names!

Hmm. I never really thought of that before but I can see how people would name them, even my hb commented last night on how they seem to interact more with you than the tiny fish. My Bolivian Ram is like this, he always comes to the glass when I come home and will swim nearest to me when I'm on the couch, he's a bit of a flirt. We'll wait til they're in the main tank and doing well though, like you said we don't want to jinx anything!

Oh also...you've officially inspired me. My next tank is going to be a 100+ gallon discus community. Considering how long it took me to get the 90, I'll be able to look forward to that in about ten years.

Woo Hoo Hoo!!!! That is awesome news!!! Who cares how long it takes, to me researching and building it is half the fun anyway and it gives you time to buy stuff when it's on sale or pick it up off CL for less than a good sale price so overtime it doesn't hurt the pocket book so much. I'm excited for you and I know everyone here will be thrilled to join in on another build!

Looking at those pictures of them in the QT all I can do is picture how they are going to look in your main tank, swimming in and out of your manzanita branches. I can't wait!
    For some reason every time I try to post this I get a message telling me I have not entered enough characters and to type more....seriously? Yep I can't seem to reply it keeps giving me the same flippin message no matter how much i fracking type

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by JudiJetson View Post
    For some reason every time I try to post this I get a message telling me I have not entered enough characters and to type more....seriously? Yep I can't seem to reply it keeps giving me the same flippin message no matter how much i fracking type
    Ok, small rant over it posted correctly after the last attempt

Page 164 of 248 FirstFirst ... 64114154162163164165166174214 ... LastLast