· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 143 of 243 FirstFirst ... 4393133141142143144145153193 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,430 of 2423

0 Not allowed!
    That's where Mr. Jetson fit in. Give him a siphon and a 5 gallons bucket saying it's his new daily exercise routine.
    Think with logic and rationality more than emotion. Act with moderation and consideration. Contemplate ideals and realistic goals and weigh out possibilities and options. Temper not with personal delusions or false hope but learn to accept and move on.

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas! - fishmommie Merry Xmas! - Sandz Merry Christmas!  Hope you and your family have a great one! - KevinVA Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7 Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 
    Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 I can't send you a real one, sorry for your loses - steeler1 Happy belated Birthday. - steeler58 Happy Drink Like a Viking Friday! - KevinVA Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 
    Sorry for you loss, wish it was a real one. - steeler58 It's EOTW Beer Time! - KevinVA It's fish flake friday, like the old days!! - steeler58 Beer makes monday not suck so bad.. - Sandz In honor of Steelers 5k posts! - Sandz 
    Couldn't give you rep, yet, but you deserve it with your contributions in the Discus/Angel thread.  Thanks! - KevinVA T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Just for you being you! - Slaphppy7 pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie Have a Rummy nose for oldtimes sake ;-) - steeler58 

0 Not allowed!
    Lol! Yeah that's not likely but it's a nice thought. Did make me think though, I'm going to print out instructions for feeding, w/c's & such in the event I can't do it for some reason.
    I just thought of the last time hb was assisting and he went to put his hand in the tank without washing first..I nearly tackled him from across the room. Then there was a time I needed some tubing and he brought home some from the greenhouses that smelled of gas.. when I asked his reply was "yeah I probably used it to siphon some gas from the tanks but you can just rinse it out right?". He's not allowed near the tank unsupervised :p

0 Not allowed!
    Rolf Judi that sounds just like my husband.
    ~Manna
    10 gallon live planted aquarium with 6 neons
    90 gallon fw community in progress

0 Not allowed!
    Next thing you know, he'll dump a bucket of soap water in the tank to "clean" it for you.

So is the QT tank cycled yet? ^^
    Think with logic and rationality more than emotion. Act with moderation and consideration. Contemplate ideals and realistic goals and weigh out possibilities and options. Temper not with personal delusions or false hope but learn to accept and move on.

0 Not allowed!
    lol... wow, thinking of your fish in the case of a bus death. Now that's dedication. =]

Can't wait to see your fish, JJ. Can't believe we're almost there.

Can someone clear up something for me? Why all the constant, daily water changes for Discus? Even in a cycled tank? Are they really that fragile or are we all just paranoid, because they cost a lot of money?
    Adventures in Aquaria - The KevinVA Story

When in doubt, ask yourself... W.W.L.S (What would Lee Say)?

Have a fish problem? Fill out and post this completed questionnaire in the General Aquarium Forum, when you start a new thread.

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas! - fishmommie Merry Xmas! - Sandz Merry Christmas!  Hope you and your family have a great one! - KevinVA Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7 Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 
    Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 I can't send you a real one, sorry for your loses - steeler1 Happy belated Birthday. - steeler58 Happy Drink Like a Viking Friday! - KevinVA Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 
    Sorry for you loss, wish it was a real one. - steeler58 It's EOTW Beer Time! - KevinVA It's fish flake friday, like the old days!! - steeler58 Beer makes monday not suck so bad.. - Sandz In honor of Steelers 5k posts! - Sandz 
    Couldn't give you rep, yet, but you deserve it with your contributions in the Discus/Angel thread.  Thanks! - KevinVA T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Just for you being you! - Slaphppy7 pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie Have a Rummy nose for oldtimes sake ;-) - steeler58 

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Spardas View Post
    Next thing you know, he'll dump a bucket of soap water in the tank to "clean" it for you.

So is the QT tank cycled yet? ^^
    Lol! Luckily cleaning anything is the furthest thing from his mind :p

Damn qt is not cycled yet, this is killing me to be so close....

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinVA View Post
    lol... wow, thinking of your fish in the case of a bus death. Now that's dedication. =]

Yeah, terrifies me to think of even getting sick with the flu and not being able to do a water change

Can't wait to see your fish, JJ. Can't believe we're almost there.

I know, just praying I can get the qt tank to cycle on time...

Can someone clear up something for me? Why all the constant, daily water changes for Discus? Even in a cycled tank? Are they really that fragile or are we all just paranoid, because they cost a lot of money?
    From what I've read it's most important with juvenile discus that you feed several times a day for maximum growth. All that feeding can foul the water quickly hence the daily wcs. Once they reach adult side (5-6") you can feed less and then do less wcs (smaller daily changes or a few larger per week). The cost is staggering so it's definitely not something I'm willing to gamble with, it's also the reason I'm going with larger size Discus, less feeding so I won't have to worry as much about the HUGE daily wcs.

I also started researching a product Aquariapure that is supposed to reduce the nitrates the aquarium to basically 0 but I'd love to speak with someone who has actually gone this route. If God forbid I was ever laid up for a time this could be a life saver for the fish.

0 Not allowed!
    Now that you mention it, I have heard that before. Maybe I'm just too used to having plants - they consume so many toxins/nutrients in the water column.

Have you tested your nitrates lately? I'd be curious to know how your refugium is doing so far. I would venture a guess to say that you wouldn't need to add a specific nitrate removing filter. Especially if you add cabomba stems into the main tank.

Have a fish problem? Fill out and post this completed questionnaire in the General Aquarium Forum, when you start a new thread.

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Kevin, I'll test my nitrates tomorrow before wc. I was actually thinking about adding some cabomba to the main tank..I see them a lot in other planted discus tanks. Visually do you think they wound look good in my tank?

0 Not allowed!
    I suggested Cabomba, but there are other stem plants that'll do the job. I think Cabomba (either green or red) can look wonderfully in any tank if properly groomed and planted. I used to hate stems, because they can stand to make a mess, but that was prior to understanding proper nutrition and grooming for them. Now I have stems in all of my tanks, except for my 75gal (but that's because my fish eat the crap out of them). If you trim them and propagate them, they can make a lush forested area that fish (and other things) will absolutely love. Not only do they provide cover for smaller fish and absorb toxins, but they provide detritus and other nutrients you don't see that fish will graze on, almost constantly.

Visually, if done appropriately, they can certainly look good in your tank.

Page 143 of 243 FirstFirst ... 4393133141142143144145153193 ... LastLast