Results 1,311 to 1,320 of 2596
Thread: Go Big or Go Home
08-18-2013, 08:53 PM #1311
Hmmm, so no more sand movement?
Lol, did you have to stand over a small ladder to take the pic or did your other half carry you on his shoulder? lol.Think with logic and rationality more than emotion. Act with moderation and consideration. Contemplate ideals and realistic goals and weigh out possibilities and options. Temper not with personal delusions or false hope but learn to accept and move on.
08-19-2013, 01:41 AM #1312
Lol, I stood on a step ladder, cell phone clenched firmly in my hands.
08-20-2013, 08:16 PM #1313
0Whew! *Dabs at forehead with a cloth*
I did it, starting with the first post, I read the whole journal.
It's been quite a journey. Since it's fresh on my mind, I thought I would do a little recap of topics touched on in this thread for anyone who may want to catch up or reminisce.
- Rebecca Black
- Cindy's elusive 300 gallon
- You can bribe men with pizza to move heavy tanks
- Tanked the TV show
- The daunting feeling of tackling sump plumbing
- Something about a 3 inch nipple (I promise, it's there!)
- Painting the bottom of your tank to look like sand
- The perfect wrench for a tight fit on a plumbing snafu
- Pretty much any TV show from the last 50 years with an emphasis on children's programming, but why didn't anyone mention Sharon, Lois and Bran?! (I am personally looking into Blood and Chrome too, can't wait!)
- Thread Jacked Fish Flakes (Which I now count myself among as this will be totally off the topic of vacuum effects from overflows)
- There's a music video for every occasion
- Pet alligators
- There's also a cory for every occasion
- The death of the poor little black cory from Aquabid :(
- There was some shameless manipulation of Cindy's posts regarding the 300 gallon tank that she clearly doesn't want, but will definitely be getting
- My personal favorite, the part that made me choke on my popcorn with mirth, about Judi's hubby shrink wrapping tools on pallets to prepare for the apocalypse
- Videocatious Steelerata (nuff said)
- Manzanita branches grow boogers when cycling
- Rummy noses have rosy noses when happy
- Some cories can release hazardous toxins from the stress of being shipped
- Cardinal tetras have an affinity for watersprite, so if you keep that in your refugium, they will literally swim THROUGH acrylic to get to it (That's really the only reasonable explanation)
- I now know every possible solution to blocking gaps and areas in the overflow that possibly would allow fish through from egg crate to gutter guard to tulle
- and finally a comprehensive overview of every type of water in Judi's house and what to expect when you're expecting discus
Now, I think I have earned a beer. I'm super happy I got back and caught up so that I don't miss the actual acquisition of the discus!~Manna
120 gallon FW bowfront in progress
08-20-2013, 08:24 PM #1314
08-20-2013, 08:50 PM #1315
CrunchyLeaf, I seriously laughed my ass off at your high-lighted version of my journal!!!!
Sandz, I will work on the video tonight :D Right after I partake in some Blue Moon ;)
08-20-2013, 08:50 PM #1316
Thanks for the walk down memory lane!! Made me smile at the end of the day! Wow, that stuff is all really in there????75 gal - Smudge Spot Cories, Silvertip & Pristella Tetras, Scissortail & Red Tail Rasboras, Pearl Gourami, Black Kuhli Loaches, Whiptail Cats, Wild Caught BNP
Dual 29 gals - Diamond Tetras. Harlequin Rasboras, Bloodfin Tetras
10 Gal - Mr. Betta's Fishy Paradise
"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain"
08-20-2013, 09:11 PM #1317
08-20-2013, 09:26 PM #1318
Is there any other way to have drink a Blue Moon?! Lol :p
08-20-2013, 09:44 PM #1319
Yes....on tap. Blue Moon or Shock Top on tap with an orange slice. Ooooo great, now in going to have to go to the bar tonight.~Manna
120 gallon FW bowfront in progress
08-20-2013, 10:21 PM #1320
0Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit. -Vince Lombardi
“Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.” ― John Wooden
Sandy Hook Elementary......Lest We Forget
See my profile for my tanks and what fish I keep