· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

.`.`..`.> - korith   No Message - Northerly   thanks for all your help - fishmommie   Merry Christmas - KingFisher   Merry Christmas! - fishmommie   
    HIV/AIDS - Indian Woods Angels   Childhood Cancer - Indian Woods Angels   

0 Not allowed!
    Fish keeping is supposed to be a pleasant enjoyable hobby and past time. Remember?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

٩(̾●̮̮̃̾̃̾)۶ - korith   

0 Not allowed!
    Some employees do give great advice but some just want you to buy their stuff. One thing I noticed is the glo-fish's "minimum tank size" is 5g(according to their info), but yet they sell 3g glo-fish tanks. But the fish gallery I know of has very experienced employees and rarely ever give innacurate advice. It really depends on how the store is managed.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Birthday. - gadget228   

0 Not allowed!
    My two cents worth: I've finally reached the point in my life where I will no longer try to communicate with people who just won't listen. Why bother, when it all goes in one ear and out the other? If I were you, I wouldn't have even bothered to respond to this poster, since she said she didn't want to hear any advice to begin with. That's a red flag, right there. She was telling you up front she wasn't going to listen.

Life is short ...
    20 gal. high: planted; 5 white cloud minnows, 4 golden White Clouds, several RCS, 2 blue shrimp, 5 Amano shrimp, several snails; Azoo air. 65 gal: planted; 6 rosy barbs, 6 yellow glofish, 3 red glofish, 3 zebra danios, 5 white cloud minnows, 3 dojo loaches, 6 crimson spot rainbow fish, 12 large Amano Shrimp, several snails; AC110.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

【ツ】 - korith   

0 Not allowed!
    Everyone is right here I shouldn't have bitten and gone off. But come on even if you have an over stocked tank nearly everyone knows africans are not good playmates for anything other than Africans

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

.`.`..`.> - korith   No Message - Northerly   thanks for all your help - fishmommie   Merry Christmas - KingFisher   Merry Christmas! - fishmommie   
    HIV/AIDS - Indian Woods Angels   Childhood Cancer - Indian Woods Angels   

0 Not allowed!
    Until right around 100,000 years ago or so the world was a perfect place.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7   for providing sage tips to  and keeping up with -- so many - RiversGirl   Have a Angelfish for the advice on Dan's Journal, I can't rep you anymore yet :) - steeler58   You really need some discus :o) - fishmommie   A quick ninja penguin for you. - mommy1   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - KevinVA   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - KevinVA   Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - KevinVA   

0 Not allowed!
    Nothing's perfect... not even animals who make mistakes, by poking their heads out when they shouldn't be, tangling with larger animals, and having their own case of disease/genetic mutations.
    Adventures in Aquaria - The KevinVA Story

When in doubt, ask yourself... W.W.L.S (What would Lee Say)?

Have a fish problem? Fill out and post this completed questionnaire in the General Aquarium Forum, when you start a new thread.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No wonder your m doesn't work! Here is some more to replace what you sloshed. - mommy1   Bunny pest control penquin. - mommy1   I severely underestimated her stupidity... which was stupid of me! - Honey Badger 1   Well, from where I am sittin' it is good to have you back man! Have one on me. - Honey Badger 1   Thanks for the rep :-) - ~firefly~   
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - 850R   

Talking BLT's are perfect... So are Ruebens :-P

0 Not allowed!
    Whoosh Think bigger
    Gas mileage isn't everything OIIIIIIIO
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.
    Why pretend there are no stupid questions? Actually, There are many stupid questions: "Should I drink this bleach?" Is just one example.
    Having said that, Just because it's a stupid question doesn't mean that it shouldn't be asked. It's better to know.

A warm beer is better than a cold beer. Because nothing is better than a cold beer, and a warm beer is better than nothing.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~   Merry Christmas - mommy1   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   For Your 33 Gallon. Happy Holidays! - Taurus   Happy New Year! - jeffs99dime   

0 Not allowed!
    One of the secrets of happiness is not going out of your way to find idiots. Avoiding fishtanks on youtube and not listening in to shop converstations helps with that.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas to You and Yours! - discusluv   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Win or lose, here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Cheers! - Slaphppy7   

Default Peanut Butter and Banana isn't bad either!

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Goes to 11! View Post
    Whoosh Think bigger
    Life really is too short!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas! - steeler1   Merry Christmas - Cliff   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   We can only try...lol - Slaphppy7   For helping me remember, and for all you do! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    I get this frustration. I generally try to avoid giving advice to people in the fish stores unless I see someone that I think is genuinely compelled to do what's best for their fish.
    The problem really comes when you have family that keeps fish and you can't avoid them. I have a distant relative who keeps fish. She is constantly wanting to "talk fish" with me when she sees me post things on FB and YouTube, but she keeps small, overstocked, underfiltered clown puke tanks and I just can't connect on any level there. Nor will she hear me tell her what could be done to keep her fish from dying off every three months. The next time she says something to me about fish, I plan to just say "You know, I don't really like talking about it." Otherwise I might accidentally say something more hurtful.
    ~Manna
    120 gallon FW bowfront in progress