· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Molly Birth

1. Default Molly Birth

0 Not allowed!
    My Molly gave birth! Whats the odds of these guys making it in a breeder net? She had two.

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    If shes not in the breeder net with them they will definitely be fine. They look big and healthy.
    10gal Betta Tank - Skye the crowntail and Squiggles the deformed albino cory
    10gal Tank- Glofish
    75gal- Everything

0 Not allowed!
    Make sure you remove them from the breeder net as soon as they are safe outside and stand a chance of competing for food. If you keep fry in a breeder net for too long, even with excellent water quality, they will " sense" the confines of their surroundings, stunt, mature early and result in small fish.

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I was at petsmart last week and picked up a 2.5 Gallon tank. I moved the little guys into that tank and they seem to love it. They are more active swimmers and are looking really strong. Once they get bigger I'll move them into the main tank.

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    You'll want to keep a careful eye on ammonia, nitrites and nitrates, as the new mini-aquarium is not cycled. As tiny as they are, you should be okay, but it's better to keep close watch and be safe. Good luck!

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I pulled the 2.5 Gallons from a cycled tank. So I take it that it should be fine.

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I'm sorry, but that does not mean the fry tank is cycled. The micro-organisms that handle fish wastes and make an aquarium cycled do not live in the water. They live in the filter and on the various surfaces in a tank. If you do want to protect the fry, you need to read about cycling, get a test kit, and be prepared to be very vigilant.

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I know about cycling... I have a test kit.. This isn't my first tank...

The filter has also been running in the other tank. Which means it has the micro-organisms in it.

The tank is testing just fine.

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Ah, I apologize. A lot of folks in this section come...unprepared. But I'm glad you are on top of everything and wish you and your little guys all the best.

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Its cool.. Like I said, not my first tank, but it is my first birth though. And by the looks of it the mom and dad are getting after it again... haha.. I may end up having to sale Mollies. :-P