· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by gronlaura View Post
    Congrats on having a cycled tank! If there are no fish in the tank you don't need to quarantine - your 75 gal is your QT.
    Hello laura,

Thank you. I just did a 50% water change and added some ammonia because it will be a few days before I get some fish in there. I'm exited. Now on to thinking more seriously about fish.

I have homework.

Dave...

Awards Showcase

Happy New Year - jeffs99dime Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 just because. - 1Sarah Happy Drink Like a Viking Friday! - KevinVA Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 
    My turn to buy - fishmommie It's EOTW Beer Time, so here's a Cafe Latte that looks like champagne in a bucket! - KevinVA Congrats on the cycles! - Slaphppy7 Thanks for the Rep and the gift :) - steeler58 Using up my winnings on my friends! - Compass 
    T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Thx4 - pRED For your new tetra's :) - steeler58 pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie Good job on your amazing tanks! - SeaLady 
    thank you for all the helpful information - showmebutterfly new fish! - RiversGirl I like your signature - aquariumlover10 Happy AC anniversary - SeaLady Happy 2 Year Anniversary! - Slaphppy7 
    Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - gronlaura 

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by landscaper View Post
    Hello laura,

Thank you. I just did a 50% water change and added some ammonia because it will be a few days before I get some fish in there. I'm exited. Now on to thinking more seriously about fish.

I have homework.

Dave...
    I loved the homework/research part of this. Enjoyed reading fish profiles and seeing the actual fish at my LFS. My stocking list changed many times - the only species in my tank that was on my original list is the bristlenose pleco.
    My 75 gal Journal & My Dual 29 gal Journal
    My 75 gal - Gold Pristella Tetras, Scissortail Rasboras, Neon Dwarf Rainbowfish, Longfin Leopard & Zebra Danios, Bristlenose Pleco
    My Dual 29 gals - Left Tank - Diamond Tetras. Right Tank - Amano Shrimp, Black Neon Tetras

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain"

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by landscaper View Post

Thanks again Talldutchie and Mark85.

Dave...
    Who's Mark lol, but glad to see you got the ferts and metricide. Remember to throw away the activator bottle that comes with the metricide. Other than that one small tip I've pick up is:

If you mix the size they say on the fert bag 1/4cup to 2 cups water it will take a long time to use and possibly grow mold, well if you add a small squirt of metricide to the solution it will prevent that (sold I've been told) I have been doing a larger mix each time to see how long they last, its easier not having to mix once a week.

You should notice some nice growth too :)

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardy85 View Post
    Who's Mark lol, but glad to see you got the ferts and metricide. Remember to throw away the activator bottle that comes with the metricide. Other than that one small tip I've pick up is:

If you mix the size they say on the fert bag 1/4cup to 2 cups water it will take a long time to use and possibly grow mold, well if you add a small squirt of metricide to the solution it will prevent that (sold I've been told) I have been doing a larger mix each time to see how long they last, its easier not having to mix once a week.

You should notice some nice growth too :)
    Hello Hardy,

I don't know where I got Mark from, been working too hard. Thanks for the tips. Here are the little guys.

Neons 2.jpgNeons 1.jpg

Dave...

0 Not allowed!
    Well its funny, I work for a company where the first name of the company is Mark, so every time I call some place and say "its chris from Mark...." I always get, "hey Mark", so it made me laugh that I even get it on the forum

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardy85 View Post
    Well its funny, I work for a company where the first name of the company is Mark, so every time I call some place and say "its chris from Mark...." I always get, "hey Mark", so it made me laugh that I even get it on the forum
    That's funny, I forgot to add that I picked up 11 neons yesterday from Petco and drip acclimated them and put them in the tank. Pics in previous post. I have some frog bit coming too.

Thanks again. Dave...