· Responsible Fish Keeping
· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

Awards Showcase

Because your not cool unless you gift yourself. - Carapar56 In memory of the one you lost. - Strider199 ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾̃̾)۶ - korith The fishies are coming! the fishies are coming! - Sandz Are you old enough to drink?  Oh, well, For JJ's fish! - gronlaura 
    Discus and Beer! - Sandz Merry Christmas - mommy1 Sorry for your loss - KingFisher Sorry to hear of the old girl's passing - ~firefly~ Happy New Year - mommy1 
    Sorry for you loss, wish this was real. - steeler58 Congratulations on your 100th post! - fishmommie Thanks for the Rep! - steeler58 
    Gay and Lesbian Pride - Carapar56 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Carapar56 Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Carapar56 HIV/AIDS - Carapar56 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Carapar56 

Default Of Course My Tank Would Break

0 Not allowed!
    Well I came home from school at 2:30 to find my 10 gallon gourami tank had sprung a leak in the bottom and it had leaked a good 2.5 gallons of water onto the stand. Luckily it soaked into the towel under the tank and did not drip on the floor. I quickly unplugged everything, took out the fish, drained the tank and kept the filter in a tub of the tank water. I then proceeded to try and clean and use my spare 10 gallon. In all the rush I asked my younger brother to help me. While he was cleaning out the old 10 gallon, he managed to crack an entire side of the tank.

With this dilemma I set up my 20 gallon on the floor. I was going to simply try and set it up and use my eheim filter in sync with the old filter from the 10 gallon. For some reason the eheim did not want to start -_- So after more thinking I filled the 20 gallon up with 10 gallons of water, added the old filter from the 10 gallon, added 5 gallons of old tank water and 5 gallons of new water and let it run. I added the fish soon after and from what I can see they're doing alright.. I took the 5 Olive Nerites from my old gourami tank and moved them to my 10 gallon apisto tank.

Along with all this crazyness my apistos still do not seem to want to eat pellet food, which is all I have that they can fit in their mouths.. They seem to eat a bit but not much.... Hopefully my brine shrimp eggs arrive soon so I can start hatching some food for them.

Only positive news I have is that despite him not eating my male apisto is showing some really nice blue colors.

Awards Showcase

My turn to buy - fishmommie It's EOTW Beer Time! - KevinVA Nobody likes to drinl alone :) - steeler58 Back at you,  good sir! - Compass Here's to Lee's 5000 and Guava Flavored Whiskey! - Taurus 
    Why drink alone, when a Sandz is nearby? - KevinVA Sorry to hear of your loss, it always sucks to lose fish. - mommy1 Wish it was a real one, sorry for your loses :( - steeler58 So sorry about your fish! - SeaLady Here is pie. - mommy1 
    for the one you lost :o( - fishmommie No Message - Fishhook Bottoms up! - Slaphppy7 Thanks, this one is on me - mommy1 Here's to 4,000 posts :) - steeler58 
    T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 TGIF and here's to good whiskey :-) - Taurus Thanks for the rep :) - rebecca_finny pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie thank you for your help and advice - showmebutterfly 

0 Not allowed!
    Good fast thinking. I hope you resolve it quickly. Let us know as the story unfolds.

On the appisto's not eating. How about crushing the pellet between ur fingers? I do that for smlaler fish that dont like a big chunk.
    FW: 1 45gal, 1 40gal, 3 10gal, 3 30gal all community tanks of different species
    Sw: 1 55gal, 1 30gal show, 1 29gal show, 1 20gal and 2 10's

Awards Showcase

Because your not cool unless you gift yourself. - Carapar56 In memory of the one you lost. - Strider199 ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾̃̾)۶ - korith The fishies are coming! the fishies are coming! - Sandz Are you old enough to drink?  Oh, well, For JJ's fish! - gronlaura 
    Discus and Beer! - Sandz Merry Christmas - mommy1 Sorry for your loss - KingFisher Sorry to hear of the old girl's passing - ~firefly~ Happy New Year - mommy1 
    Sorry for you loss, wish this was real. - steeler58 Congratulations on your 100th post! - fishmommie Thanks for the Rep! - steeler58 
    Gay and Lesbian Pride - Carapar56 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Carapar56 Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Carapar56 HIV/AIDS - Carapar56 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Carapar56 

0 Not allowed!
    Oh no, that's what I'm doing for them. They just don't see it as food. They'll only go after it if it happens to float by their face and they think its living.. I should have my brine shrimp eggs by this weekend and have them hatched.. Hopefully they can mull over until then.. I'll feed them live food until its all gone and slowly add pellet food with the live and hopefully they'll start taking it.

Thanks for the kind words.. I never thought I'd have to deal with a leaking tank. Oh well.

Awards Showcase

My turn to buy - fishmommie It's EOTW Beer Time! - KevinVA Nobody likes to drinl alone :) - steeler58 Back at you,  good sir! - Compass Here's to Lee's 5000 and Guava Flavored Whiskey! - Taurus 
    Why drink alone, when a Sandz is nearby? - KevinVA Sorry to hear of your loss, it always sucks to lose fish. - mommy1 Wish it was a real one, sorry for your loses :( - steeler58 So sorry about your fish! - SeaLady Here is pie. - mommy1 
    for the one you lost :o( - fishmommie No Message - Fishhook Bottoms up! - Slaphppy7 Thanks, this one is on me - mommy1 Here's to 4,000 posts :) - steeler58 
    T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 TGIF and here's to good whiskey :-) - Taurus Thanks for the rep :) - rebecca_finny pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie thank you for your help and advice - showmebutterfly 

0 Not allowed!
    Hmm, sounds like a real issue. Make sure if you are hatching brine shrimp you feed the fish the shrimp in baby form. They have that yolk sac at that time thus are more nutritious.

Stay in the hobby long enough, glass breaks, leaks, all of it will come around sometime.

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Yeah.. At least its not as bad as when someone laid a towel on the tank and the towel soaked up water coming into the HOB which then in turn leaking 8 gallons of water all over my carpet -_-

I'll be sure to feed them the baby shrimp, I have to anyways. Considering how small my apistos' mouths are XD

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    So they wont take freeze dried blood worms or anything huh? That is so weird.. I never have had issues getting appistos to eat. Could be just the stress from Dave shipping them to you. They will come around im sure. Garlic may help them see it as food.

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Nope. I tried frozen blood worms but the worms are too big for them to swallow and they just don't see it as food... The two females ate only 3/4" and the boy is just over an inch. Idk what got into him but since I got home the male has been swimming about the whole tank, flashing his fins and showing off his premature blue coloration. He's also started to show some yellowish orange coloration on his anal fin.