· Pond Fish
· Responsible Fish Keeping
· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Question Sharky not eating anything.....

0 Not allowed!
    Hello to all the enthusiastic fish lovers ,

A problem came up to me and I am here to seek your help.

I have shifted one Irediscent Shark to a new planted tank with 7 Guppies , 1 Plecko , 2 Red Tailed Sharks and one Snail ( don't know the exact name of the snail ) , few weeks back ( around 2-3 weeks ) , my problem is, The Sharky is not having his food ( Means not in front of me at least and I guess he doesn't know where to find the food !! ) till the shifting was done. but he is in active condition ( wonders how if he is not taking food ) .
    kindly tell is it possible that shark can live energetic without having food for so many days ? Or he is taking it in my absence ? All other mates are happy and playful ( except the Pleco .. he is such a serious fellow. )

All other water condition is perfect with filter and heater and plants.

Waiting for your replies ,

Thank you.

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas Douglas - Taurus Please enjoy this holiday hog! - Trillianne Have a super christmas! - Aeonflame Congrats on 1 year! - andreahp Congrats on 1 year! - jeffs99dime 
    Happy One-Year! - Rue Happy New Year! - ~firefly~ Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 No Message - 850R Now THAT was a nice quiet beer... But now that we have had another... Let's go break stuff!! :-P - 850R 
    Thanks for the rep/compliments! - mojosodope Thanks for the rep the other day, cheers - Cliff ...they go with snow, right? - ~firefly~ Thanks for the rep the other day - Cliff Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas - mommy1 Merry Christmas - KingFisher Happy New Year - mommy1 Thanks! - pRED 

0 Not allowed!
    Size of tank is he in? I assume he will be feeling cramped.
    My therapist says I need a bigger tank . . . . .

0 Not allowed!
    The two red tails are probably being overly aggressive with it, and not allowing it to eat. Eat will eventually die, within 1-2 weeks most likely if that is the cause

0 Not allowed!
    This fish will eventually need a large pond to live in. They can grow several feet long.
    <-- Click for journals
    "There is no right way to do the wrong thing." - KingFisher "Only bad things happen fast in this hobby" - Cliff

0 Not allowed!
    Yup, that's a monster fish that should not be in the mainstream pet trade.

Tank size?
    "Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." Carl Sagan
    ~ My 350 Litre Tank Journal ~
    ~ My 30 Litre Tank Journal ~

0 Not allowed!
    Errr...just looked at your profile. Is this correct?

Aquarium 1:
    I have a 30 gallon fresh water aquarium with fantaoled goldfish , lionhead goldfish , plecos , shark....recently have a fry of goldfish.
    30 gallons for 2+ goldfish, plecos (common ones?) and the monster shark. You're mixing temperate and tropical fish too by the way.

0 Not allowed!
    Here's a tank for your shark...

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    That is a VERY nice tank...I'm assuming they have a way built into the backside of the tank to change the water since there is so much of it, or is it self sustaining?

20 gallon tall - 3 paskai's neon red rainbow, 5 paskai's blue eyed rainbowfish, 8 harlequin rasbora, 2 blue ninja shrimp, 6 cherry shrimp, 2 nerite snail, 1 bronze cory, 1 peppered cory, 1 julii cory, 2 pc driftwood planted with anubias and narrowleaf java fern.
    Other plants in tank - 1 bunch anacharis, 1 bunch water wysteria, 1 package of B. Caroliniana, 1 Crypto Luten, 1 red wendii, Mossball.
    Cinnamon = 9 year old Siamese Cat[
    1 Rat - Domino aka Domi
    1 Robo hamster - Spice

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ~firefly~ View Post
    Errr...just looked at your profile. Is this correct?

30 gallons for 2+ goldfish, plecos (common ones?) and the monster shark. You're mixing temperate and tropical fish too by the way.
    OP's in India, they do things differently there.

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas Douglas - Taurus Please enjoy this holiday hog! - Trillianne Have a super christmas! - Aeonflame Congrats on 1 year! - andreahp Congrats on 1 year! - jeffs99dime 
    Happy One-Year! - Rue Happy New Year! - ~firefly~ Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 No Message - 850R Now THAT was a nice quiet beer... But now that we have had another... Let's go break stuff!! :-P - 850R 
    Thanks for the rep/compliments! - mojosodope Thanks for the rep the other day, cheers - Cliff ...they go with snow, right? - ~firefly~ Thanks for the rep the other day - Cliff Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas - mommy1 Merry Christmas - KingFisher Happy New Year - mommy1 Thanks! - pRED 

0 Not allowed!
    Nice tank but it really needs some decor
    My therapist says I need a bigger tank . . . . .