Aquarium Forum
 


Menu
  · Tropical Fish Home
· Fish News
· Aquarium Forum
· Buy & Sell
· Calculators
· Equipment reviews
· Free Aquarium Ebook
· Feedback
· Link to us
· Photo gallery
· Plant species
· Tropica Plant DB
Tropical fish species
· By Common name
· By Scientific name
Tropical Marine fish
· By Common name
· By Scientific name

_________________
 
      
        Via paypal

  AC news is a part of
      Nature Blog Network

      Reef Aquarium Blog

Privacy & Ad Policy

Articles
  · African Cichlids
· Algae Control
· Aquarium Decoration
· Aquarium Resources
· Aquatic Plants
· Barb Fish
· Betta Fish
· Breeding Fish
· Catfish
· Central American Cichlids
· Cichlids
· Clownfish
· Corals
· Corydoras Catfish
· Discus Fish
· Dwarf Cichlids
· Fish Diseases
· Frogs and Turtles
· Goby Fish
· Goldfish
· Gourami
· Invertebrates
· Jellyfish
· Killiefish
· Lake Victoria Cichlids
· Livebearers
· Malawi Cichlids
· Marine Aquariums
· Marine Aquarium Fish
· Other Fish
· Pleco
· Predatory Fish
· Photography
· Pond Fish
· Responsible Fish Keeping
· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 46 of 210 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696146 ... LastLast
Results 451 to 460 of 2097
  1. Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaphppy7 View Post
    Ok, those little banana plants are TOO COOL...wouldn't 2 of them look neat in the front corners of the tank?
    I think so, yes!!
    30 g FW planted:corys, ABNP, blue angel, harleys, zebra danios, apple & nerite snails
    15 g FW planted:crown tail betta, neons, pygmy cory, clown pleco,apple & nerite snails
    90 g FW planted:congos, rainbows, roseline sharks, swordtails, ottos,krib pair, ABNP, peppered cories, apple snails
    90 Gal Journal: http://bit.ly/1vC7gVX
    fishless cycling: http://bit.ly/1DARf3T
    fish in cycling: http://bit.ly/1ILvcfp

  2. #452

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Southeast Texas
    Posts
    21,847

    Awards Showcase

    It's the easter CPD...Happy Easter to you and the family. - Taurus Happy 2 Year Anniversay - Boundava Happy anniversary! - wgoldfarb A gift for two great years ;-) - steeler58 and here's to the next 20,000! - RiversGirl 
    20,000 post's 'NUFF SAID" ;-) - steeler58 Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58 TGIF and thanks for the rep :-) - Taurus TGIF back at you ;-) - steeler58 for being an awesome fish friend! - nickellmama27 
    Thx for all your help! - BluewaterBoof it's the weekend - cm12setx Thanks for the rep brother ;-) - steeler58 Here's to peace and quiet.  Have a great weekend! - WhistlingBadger Here's to peace and quiet.  Have a great weekend! - WhistlingBadger 
    Just because ;-) - steeler58 Thank you for helping with my filter problem! - showmebutterfly Happy Saturday back at you ;-) - steeler58 Sorry, no blue shrimp, but here's because you have N. davidi variants! - Anders247 Thanks for all the thumbs up! - Boundava 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady 

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by fishmommie View Post
    I think so, yes!!
    Dang, everwhere I look online, they are out of stock...good luck finding them at the LFS this weekend....
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

  3. #453

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    A little further from sanity
    Posts
    8,512

    Awards Showcase

    Thanks for the rep!! - Compass this doesnt look like pie... not the right kind.. - Sandz for providing solid guidance to others - RiversGirl Thanks for the rep! :) - Compass cheers - Fishhook 
    Using up my winnings on my friends! - Compass No Message - Fishhook beeeeeeeer! - Sandz Bottoms up! (even though you don't drink, lol) - Slaphppy7 We miss you... - Compass 
    thank you for the filter! - RiversGirl for the fun game! - SeaLady Thank you very very much!! - Compass Love the games. Thank you :) - rebecca_finny TGIF! - showmebutterfly 
    Thanks for your help & points. - metweezer Nice to see you around again. enjoy the pie - fishmommie Thanks! :) I try! - Compass Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7 Thanks so much for everything. - metweezer 

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I use this site often and they have banana plants in stock. http://www.aquariumplants.com/Aquarium_Plants_s/1.htm
    When I go fishing I just place a sharp rock in the water and sit there waiting for all the dead fish to float to the top... Kingfisher
    Everything Happens for a reason. Sometimes that reason is you are stupid and make bad decisions.
    I think my fish is adjusting well to the four gallon, He's laying on his side attempting to go to sleep on the bottom of the gravel.
    Rules: If you bend them long enough they turn into loopholes and you can walk right through them.



  4. #454

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Southeast Texas
    Posts
    21,847

    Awards Showcase

    It's the easter CPD...Happy Easter to you and the family. - Taurus Happy 2 Year Anniversay - Boundava Happy anniversary! - wgoldfarb A gift for two great years ;-) - steeler58 and here's to the next 20,000! - RiversGirl 
    20,000 post's 'NUFF SAID" ;-) - steeler58 Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58 TGIF and thanks for the rep :-) - Taurus TGIF back at you ;-) - steeler58 for being an awesome fish friend! - nickellmama27 
    Thx for all your help! - BluewaterBoof it's the weekend - cm12setx Thanks for the rep brother ;-) - steeler58 Here's to peace and quiet.  Have a great weekend! - WhistlingBadger Here's to peace and quiet.  Have a great weekend! - WhistlingBadger 
    Just because ;-) - steeler58 Thank you for helping with my filter problem! - showmebutterfly Happy Saturday back at you ;-) - steeler58 Sorry, no blue shrimp, but here's because you have N. davidi variants! - Anders247 Thanks for all the thumbs up! - Boundava 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady 

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Honey Badger 1 View Post
    I use this site often and they have banana plants in stock. http://www.aquariumplants.com/Aquarium_Plants_s/1.htm
    Thanks HB1, saw that one too...but $43 to ship??...gadzooks
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

  5. #455

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Southeast Texas
    Posts
    21,847

    Awards Showcase

    It's the easter CPD...Happy Easter to you and the family. - Taurus Happy 2 Year Anniversay - Boundava Happy anniversary! - wgoldfarb A gift for two great years ;-) - steeler58 and here's to the next 20,000! - RiversGirl 
    20,000 post's 'NUFF SAID" ;-) - steeler58 Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58 TGIF and thanks for the rep :-) - Taurus TGIF back at you ;-) - steeler58 for being an awesome fish friend! - nickellmama27 
    Thx for all your help! - BluewaterBoof it's the weekend - cm12setx Thanks for the rep brother ;-) - steeler58 Here's to peace and quiet.  Have a great weekend! - WhistlingBadger Here's to peace and quiet.  Have a great weekend! - WhistlingBadger 
    Just because ;-) - steeler58 Thank you for helping with my filter problem! - showmebutterfly Happy Saturday back at you ;-) - steeler58 Sorry, no blue shrimp, but here's because you have N. davidi variants! - Anders247 Thanks for all the thumbs up! - Boundava 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady 

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaphppy7 View Post
    Thanks HB1, saw that one too...but $43 to ship??...gadzooks

    Oh wait, that's next day...second day is $17
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

  6. #456

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Southeast Texas
    Posts
    21,847

    Awards Showcase

    It's the easter CPD...Happy Easter to you and the family. - Taurus Happy 2 Year Anniversay - Boundava Happy anniversary! - wgoldfarb A gift for two great years ;-) - steeler58 and here's to the next 20,000! - RiversGirl 
    20,000 post's 'NUFF SAID" ;-) - steeler58 Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58 TGIF and thanks for the rep :-) - Taurus TGIF back at you ;-) - steeler58 for being an awesome fish friend! - nickellmama27 
    Thx for all your help! - BluewaterBoof it's the weekend - cm12setx Thanks for the rep brother ;-) - steeler58 Here's to peace and quiet.  Have a great weekend! - WhistlingBadger Here's to peace and quiet.  Have a great weekend! - WhistlingBadger 
    Just because ;-) - steeler58 Thank you for helping with my filter problem! - showmebutterfly Happy Saturday back at you ;-) - steeler58 Sorry, no blue shrimp, but here's because you have N. davidi variants! - Anders247 Thanks for all the thumbs up! - Boundava 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady 

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Water test today:

    Ammonia = .25
    Trite = .25
    Trate = 10

    What the heck??...just did a 75% change last night to change out the filter and set the rocks...do another 75% tonight?

    Just FYI, Lauren was here and gone before I got home, but don't think she fed them anything....I gave them a small pinch of crushed flakes about an hour ago
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

  7. #457

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    A little further from sanity
    Posts
    8,512

    Awards Showcase

    Thanks for the rep!! - Compass this doesnt look like pie... not the right kind.. - Sandz for providing solid guidance to others - RiversGirl Thanks for the rep! :) - Compass cheers - Fishhook 
    Using up my winnings on my friends! - Compass No Message - Fishhook beeeeeeeer! - Sandz Bottoms up! (even though you don't drink, lol) - Slaphppy7 We miss you... - Compass 
    thank you for the filter! - RiversGirl for the fun game! - SeaLady Thank you very very much!! - Compass Love the games. Thank you :) - rebecca_finny TGIF! - showmebutterfly 
    Thanks for your help & points. - metweezer Nice to see you around again. enjoy the pie - fishmommie Thanks! :) I try! - Compass Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7 Thanks so much for everything. - metweezer 

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    What do you mean by "change out the filter"? If you removed some filter media or cleaned it too well you got rid of some beneficial bacteria. Also removing some of the decorations got rid a tiny bit of beneficial bacteria. Bacteria are tough, but a new cycle is not. This should not last long, .25ppm is ok, not ideal, but ok. Ride it out, test it again in a few hours, if it rises change water.
    When I go fishing I just place a sharp rock in the water and sit there waiting for all the dead fish to float to the top... Kingfisher
    Everything Happens for a reason. Sometimes that reason is you are stupid and make bad decisions.
    I think my fish is adjusting well to the four gallon, He's laying on his side attempting to go to sleep on the bottom of the gravel.
    Rules: If you bend them long enough they turn into loopholes and you can walk right through them.



  8. #458

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Southeast Texas
    Posts
    21,847

    Awards Showcase

    It's the easter CPD...Happy Easter to you and the family. - Taurus Happy 2 Year Anniversay - Boundava Happy anniversary! - wgoldfarb A gift for two great years ;-) - steeler58 and here's to the next 20,000! - RiversGirl 
    20,000 post's 'NUFF SAID" ;-) - steeler58 Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58 TGIF and thanks for the rep :-) - Taurus TGIF back at you ;-) - steeler58 for being an awesome fish friend! - nickellmama27 
    Thx for all your help! - BluewaterBoof it's the weekend - cm12setx Thanks for the rep brother ;-) - steeler58 Here's to peace and quiet.  Have a great weekend! - WhistlingBadger Here's to peace and quiet.  Have a great weekend! - WhistlingBadger 
    Just because ;-) - steeler58 Thank you for helping with my filter problem! - showmebutterfly Happy Saturday back at you ;-) - steeler58 Sorry, no blue shrimp, but here's because you have N. davidi variants! - Anders247 Thanks for all the thumbs up! - Boundava 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady 

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Honey Badger 1 View Post
    What do you mean by "change out the filter"? If you removed some filter media or cleaned it too well you got rid of some beneficial bacteria. Also removing some of the decorations got rid a tiny bit of beneficial bacteria. Bacteria are tough, but a new cycle is not. This should not last long, .25ppm is ok, not ideal, but ok. Ride it out, test it again in a few hours, if it rises change water.
    Gosh HB1 sorry to bother on a Friday night...thanks for being there...if you recall, Wed night I did a WC just because 'nites were up a bit, no big whoop...and when all was said and done, the AC30 wouldn't start back up...panic set in, posted here...later found out that I could have just given the impellar a gentle nudge and it would have started back up...Didn't have this info until Thur, so, I put the original Whisper back in, moving the BB and all, keeping it in tank water the whole time...to me, you treat the BB like you'd treat fish...

    Anyhow, after cleaning the AC30 (sponge was filthy) I wanted it back in as soon as possible, so I did it last night..everything was great...

    I'm about to do a WC now, it won't hurt, and I'll report back
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

  9. Default


    0 Not allowed!
    when you say the sponge was filthy, what does that mean? did it have a lot of gook - like sludgy stuff on it - or was it just brown?
    if just brown, i wouldn't have cleaned. even if there was sludge, I'd have just dipped gently in old tank water, squeezed a bit and left it at that. this early on in your cycle, i wouldn't mess with the filter too much.
    HB is right - you probably just lost a little of your bb and water changes will set it right.
    Unless the flow in my AC is restricted, I rarely clean the sponge. just let that wonderful BB sit there and take care of business :o)
    30 g FW planted:corys, ABNP, blue angel, harleys, zebra danios, apple & nerite snails
    15 g FW planted:crown tail betta, neons, pygmy cory, clown pleco,apple & nerite snails
    90 g FW planted:congos, rainbows, roseline sharks, swordtails, ottos,krib pair, ABNP, peppered cories, apple snails
    90 Gal Journal: http://bit.ly/1vC7gVX
    fishless cycling: http://bit.ly/1DARf3T
    fish in cycling: http://bit.ly/1ILvcfp

  10. #460

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    A little further from sanity
    Posts
    8,512

    Awards Showcase

    Thanks for the rep!! - Compass this doesnt look like pie... not the right kind.. - Sandz for providing solid guidance to others - RiversGirl Thanks for the rep! :) - Compass cheers - Fishhook 
    Using up my winnings on my friends! - Compass No Message - Fishhook beeeeeeeer! - Sandz Bottoms up! (even though you don't drink, lol) - Slaphppy7 We miss you... - Compass 
    thank you for the filter! - RiversGirl for the fun game! - SeaLady Thank you very very much!! - Compass Love the games. Thank you :) - rebecca_finny TGIF! - showmebutterfly 
    Thanks for your help & points. - metweezer Nice to see you around again. enjoy the pie - fishmommie Thanks! :) I try! - Compass Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7 Thanks so much for everything. - metweezer 

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Cleaning the sponge is no big deal, it has a good amount of bacteria but the ceramic media holds much more. Many people here, including myself, clean the sponges in plain tap water to no ill effect in the aquarium, but that is for a well seasoned tank and I don't recommend that for you just yet. I forgot about the filter issue with the impeller, that is probably what caused this. Like I said, it's probably not a big deal, just a mini-spike. Water changes never hurt.
    When I go fishing I just place a sharp rock in the water and sit there waiting for all the dead fish to float to the top... Kingfisher
    Everything Happens for a reason. Sometimes that reason is you are stupid and make bad decisions.
    I think my fish is adjusting well to the four gallon, He's laying on his side attempting to go to sleep on the bottom of the gravel.
    Rules: If you bend them long enough they turn into loopholes and you can walk right through them.



Page 46 of 210 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696146 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •