· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 46 of 178 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696146 ... LastLast
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaphppy7 View Post
    Ok, those little banana plants are TOO COOL...wouldn't 2 of them look neat in the front corners of the tank?
    I think so, yes!!
    30 g FW planted:corys, ABNP, blue angel, harleys, zebra danios, nerites & mystery snails
    15 g FW planted: crown tail betta, neons, snails
    90 g FW semi planted: Blood Parrots, severum, Jurupari, EBJD, congos, kribs, clown pleco, snails
    90 Gal Journal: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=93939
    Fishless cycling: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ead.php?t=5640
    Cycling with fish: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=36492

Awards Showcase

Must be beer time - mommy1 poor baby.  here's your beer after your difficult week - fishmommie And here' the box of tissues I didn't use crying because I feel so bad for you :o) - fishmommie have a cyber-miller for 9,000 posts! - steeler58 have a cyber-miller for 9,000 posts! - steeler58 
    it has been a rough work week and it's 5'o clock somewhere - cm12setx Because bunnies are good in threes. - KevinVA Oh Oh... they're multiplying!!! - fishmommie Back atcha! - KevinVA Back at you,  good sir! - Compass 
    I'm glad somebody's keeping this "old tradition" alive :) - steeler58 Here's to the 4th and nose hair fiascos! - Taurus got otos - cm12setx otos -- yay - RiversGirl Oto - SeaLady 
    Heres to getting the fish we like and the 4th of July wich was nice enough to be on a friday! - steeler58 Using some of my winnings on friends and you probably could use some coffee :) - steeler58 So very sorry :( - steeler58 TGIF! May the good Lord be with you and your family Matt. - Taurus Have a cyber-miller and forget about "trolls" first person I saw that did not like you, LOL!! - steeler58 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady 

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by fishmommie View Post
    I think so, yes!!
    Dang, everwhere I look online, they are out of stock...good luck finding them at the LFS this weekend....
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal

40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal

Awards Showcase

Thanks!!! - steeler58 Happy Mother's Day! - Slaphppy7 For 7,000 posts!! - steeler58 Thanks for the rep!! - steeler58 For working with new fish keepers! Outstanding this month. - Taurus 
    Just Because - Surfdog A round for the fallen this Memorial Day weekend. - Compass I had no cup, so I put it on a bun... - Slaphppy7 You are amazing! So smart and giving. - SeaLady Can't give you any more rep, but well said! - steeler58 
    Thank again!! You seem to enjoy your coffee. - steeler58 Thanks for the rep!! - Compass this doesnt look like pie... not the right kind.. - Sandz for providing solid guidance to others - RiversGirl Thanks for the rep! :) - Compass 
    cheers - Fishhook Using up my winnings on my friends! - Compass No Message - Fishhook beeeeeeeer! - Sandz Bottoms up! (even though you don't drink, lol) - Slaphppy7 

0 Not allowed!
    I use this site often and they have banana plants in stock. http://www.aquariumplants.com/Aquarium_Plants_s/1.htm
    When I go fishing I just place a sharp rock in the water and sit there waiting for all the dead fish to float to the top... Kingfisher
    Brutal honesty will be shown on this screen.
    I think my fish is adjusting well to the four gallon, He's laying on his side attempting to go to sleep on the bottom of the gravel.
    Tolerance is a great thing to have, so is the ability to shut up.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Awards Showcase

Must be beer time - mommy1 poor baby.  here's your beer after your difficult week - fishmommie And here' the box of tissues I didn't use crying because I feel so bad for you :o) - fishmommie have a cyber-miller for 9,000 posts! - steeler58 have a cyber-miller for 9,000 posts! - steeler58 
    it has been a rough work week and it's 5'o clock somewhere - cm12setx Because bunnies are good in threes. - KevinVA Oh Oh... they're multiplying!!! - fishmommie Back atcha! - KevinVA Back at you,  good sir! - Compass 
    I'm glad somebody's keeping this "old tradition" alive :) - steeler58 Here's to the 4th and nose hair fiascos! - Taurus got otos - cm12setx otos -- yay - RiversGirl Oto - SeaLady 
    Heres to getting the fish we like and the 4th of July wich was nice enough to be on a friday! - steeler58 Using some of my winnings on friends and you probably could use some coffee :) - steeler58 So very sorry :( - steeler58 TGIF! May the good Lord be with you and your family Matt. - Taurus Have a cyber-miller and forget about "trolls" first person I saw that did not like you, LOL!! - steeler58 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady 

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Honey Badger 1 View Post
    I use this site often and they have banana plants in stock. http://www.aquariumplants.com/Aquarium_Plants_s/1.htm
    Thanks HB1, saw that one too...but $43 to ship??...gadzooks

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaphppy7 View Post
    Thanks HB1, saw that one too...but $43 to ship??...gadzooks

Oh wait, that's next day...second day is $17

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Water test today:

Ammonia = .25
    Trite = .25
    Trate = 10

What the heck??...just did a 75% change last night to change out the filter and set the rocks...do another 75% tonight?

Just FYI, Lauren was here and gone before I got home, but don't think she fed them anything....I gave them a small pinch of crushed flakes about an hour ago

Awards Showcase

Thanks!!! - steeler58 Happy Mother's Day! - Slaphppy7 For 7,000 posts!! - steeler58 Thanks for the rep!! - steeler58 For working with new fish keepers! Outstanding this month. - Taurus 
    Just Because - Surfdog A round for the fallen this Memorial Day weekend. - Compass I had no cup, so I put it on a bun... - Slaphppy7 You are amazing! So smart and giving. - SeaLady Can't give you any more rep, but well said! - steeler58 
    Thank again!! You seem to enjoy your coffee. - steeler58 Thanks for the rep!! - Compass this doesnt look like pie... not the right kind.. - Sandz for providing solid guidance to others - RiversGirl Thanks for the rep! :) - Compass 
    cheers - Fishhook Using up my winnings on my friends! - Compass No Message - Fishhook beeeeeeeer! - Sandz Bottoms up! (even though you don't drink, lol) - Slaphppy7 

0 Not allowed!
    What do you mean by "change out the filter"? If you removed some filter media or cleaned it too well you got rid of some beneficial bacteria. Also removing some of the decorations got rid a tiny bit of beneficial bacteria. Bacteria are tough, but a new cycle is not. This should not last long, .25ppm is ok, not ideal, but ok. Ride it out, test it again in a few hours, if it rises change water.
    When I go fishing I just place a sharp rock in the water and sit there waiting for all the dead fish to float to the top... Kingfisher
    I think my fish is adjusting well to the four gallon, He's laying on his side attempting to go to sleep on the bottom of the gravel.

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Honey Badger 1 View Post
    What do you mean by "change out the filter"? If you removed some filter media or cleaned it too well you got rid of some beneficial bacteria. Also removing some of the decorations got rid a tiny bit of beneficial bacteria. Bacteria are tough, but a new cycle is not. This should not last long, .25ppm is ok, not ideal, but ok. Ride it out, test it again in a few hours, if it rises change water.
    Gosh HB1 sorry to bother on a Friday night...thanks for being there...if you recall, Wed night I did a WC just because 'nites were up a bit, no big whoop...and when all was said and done, the AC30 wouldn't start back up...panic set in, posted here...later found out that I could have just given the impellar a gentle nudge and it would have started back up...Didn't have this info until Thur, so, I put the original Whisper back in, moving the BB and all, keeping it in tank water the whole time...to me, you treat the BB like you'd treat fish...

Anyhow, after cleaning the AC30 (sponge was filthy) I wanted it back in as soon as possible, so I did it last night..everything was great...

I'm about to do a WC now, it won't hurt, and I'll report back

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    when you say the sponge was filthy, what does that mean? did it have a lot of gook - like sludgy stuff on it - or was it just brown?
    if just brown, i wouldn't have cleaned. even if there was sludge, I'd have just dipped gently in old tank water, squeezed a bit and left it at that. this early on in your cycle, i wouldn't mess with the filter too much.
    HB is right - you probably just lost a little of your bb and water changes will set it right.
    Unless the flow in my AC is restricted, I rarely clean the sponge. just let that wonderful BB sit there and take care of business :o)
    30 g FW planted:corys, ABNP, blue angel, harleys, zebra danios, nerites & mystery snails
    15 g FW planted: crown tail betta, neons, snails
    90 g FW semi planted: Blood Parrots, severum, Jurupari, EBJD, congos, kribs, clown pleco, snails
    90 Gal Journal: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=93939
    Fishless cycling: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ead.php?t=5640
    Cycling with fish: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=36492

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Cleaning the sponge is no big deal, it has a good amount of bacteria but the ceramic media holds much more. Many people here, including myself, clean the sponges in plain tap water to no ill effect in the aquarium, but that is for a well seasoned tank and I don't recommend that for you just yet. I forgot about the filter issue with the impeller, that is probably what caused this. Like I said, it's probably not a big deal, just a mini-spike. Water changes never hurt.

Page 46 of 178 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696146 ... LastLast