· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 42 of 105 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfdog View Post
    7.6ph is standard city tap water as far as I know, it's the same here where I live, was the same in the Keys, Philadelphia and Montreal as well. None of the rocks I see in your photo should alter your tanks balance. What they will do is provide additional area for the beneficial bacteria you want in the tank. Seeing your signature it looks to me that your tank is maxed on what a 10G can handle. I have a 10G for my Beta, he shares it with 6 neons, as a result, 0 ammonia always and very, very slow build up of Nitrates. I did not read all the posts but it looks to me that you have picked up loads of info here already and are well on your way to tackling your next project with confidence. Good luck and a belated welcome to the Forum...
    Hi Surfdog,
    Yes I think the rocks will be fine to put into the tank, will do it this Saturday during my weekly water change, while the water level is a little lower...

Although the 10 gallon is pretty much maxed, we are thinking of adding a few shrimp...my daughter really wants some, and it IS her tank after all, even though I've kinda taken over...I don't think the bioload from some shrimp will offset my water parameters much...

Thanks for the luck and the welcome...yes, I've learned WAY more here than I'd ever think I'd know about aquaria....some of my friends here seem to think a 30 gallon is in my near future...they may be right
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal

40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal

Awards Showcase

No Message - talldutchie Merry Christmas - KingFisher Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7 This Holiday Swine hopes your 2014 will be simply divine! - Trillianne Thanks again for your help yesterday - Slaphppy7 
    Happy New Year! - jeffs99dime Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year Mommy1. - Strider199 Cheers.  Have some of my hang-over cure. Happy New Year - Cliff Happy New Year! - KingFisher Happy Birthday. - Taurus 
    Happy Birthday. - gadget228 Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 Looks like its time for a second cup! - Trillianne always fun - Surfdog thanks for sweetening the pot! - fishmommie 
    Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 for putting up with my bad timing - Cliff Congrats on MOTM. - gadget228 For most awesome avatar of the day. lol  Love it. - KevinVA Thank you so much for the Rep!! - steeler58 

0 Not allowed!
    I think we said 55 gallon, don't recall reading about a 30 gallon. You know what is a great sized tank... a 65 gallon.
    When I go fishing I just place a sharp rock in the water and sit there waiting for all the dead fish to float to the top... Kingfisher
    Brutal honesty will be shown on this screen.
    I think my fish is adjusting well to the four gallon, He's laying on his side attempting to go to sleep on the bottom of the gravel.
    Tolerance is a great thing to have, so is the ability to shut up.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Honey Badger 1 View Post
    I think we said 55 gallon, don't recall reading about a 30 gallon. You know what is a great sized tank... a 65 gallon.
    EASY there HB1, EASY!....gonna take a while just to save up some $....the bigger the tank, the more moolah I'm gonna need!

Awards Showcase

No Message - talldutchie Merry Christmas - KingFisher Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7 This Holiday Swine hopes your 2014 will be simply divine! - Trillianne Thanks again for your help yesterday - Slaphppy7 
    Happy New Year! - jeffs99dime Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year Mommy1. - Strider199 Cheers.  Have some of my hang-over cure. Happy New Year - Cliff Happy New Year! - KingFisher Happy Birthday. - Taurus 
    Happy Birthday. - gadget228 Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 Looks like its time for a second cup! - Trillianne always fun - Surfdog thanks for sweetening the pot! - fishmommie 
    Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 for putting up with my bad timing - Cliff Congrats on MOTM. - gadget228 For most awesome avatar of the day. lol  Love it. - KevinVA Thank you so much for the Rep!! - steeler58 

0 Not allowed!
    Craigslist Slaphppy, I keep telling you, Craigslist!
    When I go fishing I just place a sharp rock in the water and sit there waiting for all the dead fish to float to the top... Kingfisher
    I think my fish is adjusting well to the four gallon, He's laying on his side attempting to go to sleep on the bottom of the gravel.

0 Not allowed!
    Craigslist Slaphppy, I keep telling you, Craigslist!
    I looked at my local CL listing a minute ago, nothing there but 1 saltwater setup for sale

Awards Showcase

A toast to your next year! - imma24 Happy Anniversary. - Strider199 <3 - Sandz To Discus Days!!! - JudiJetson For being the 1500th poster to my thread!..thanks! - Slaphppy7 
    For the safe arrival of Judi's Discus!! - steeler1 Thanks for all your help - JoeH Merry Christmas! - steeler1 Merry Christmas! - fishmommie Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Happy Holidays! - Rue Merry Xmas! - Sandz Merry Xmas You Filthy Animal!! - Hardy85 Congratulations, on MOTM!! - steeler1 
    Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7 Happy New Year - jeffs99dime Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 just because. - 1Sarah Happy Drink Like a Viking Friday! - KevinVA 
    Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - gronlaura 

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaphppy7 View Post
    I looked at my local CL listing a minute ago, nothing there but 1 saltwater setup for sale
    I am so glad I started with a 75 gal. If you can do a 30 gal, you can do a 55 gal. Keep checking. Or watch your local Petco for their $1 per gallon sales - I believe they apply up to a 55 gal. That would be a great size 2nd tank for you. So many aquascaping options, so many stocking choices............
    My 75 gal Journal & My Dual 29 gal Journal
    My 75 gal - 10 Gold Pristella Tetras, 4 Scissortail Rasboras, 9 Neon Dwarf Rainbowfish, 5 Longfin Zebra Danios and 2 Regular Fin
    My Dual 29 gals, a work in progress - Tank 1 - Amano Shrimp, RCS, Peppered Cories, Tank 2 - Glowlight Danios and a Calico BNP

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain"

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by gronlaura View Post
    I am so glad I started with a 75 gal. If you can do a 30 gal, you can do a 55 gal. Keep checking. Or watch your local Petco for their $1 per gallon sales - I believe they apply up to a 55 gal. That would be a great size 2nd tank for you. So many aquascaping options, so many stocking choices............

OK will do, thanks gronlaura...skipping from a 10 to a 55 gallon is not much different, besides the obvious space/filtration differences, I suppose....I would have a BLAST stocking and scaping that thing, I betcha

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaphppy7 View Post
    When I bought my 120 gallon it was originally a saltwater set up. Keep looking, new things get posted often and the good buys are gone quickly.

0 Not allowed!
    When I bought my 120 gallon it was originally a saltwater set up. Keep looking, new things get posted often and the good buys are gone quickly.
    Will do...

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Oh, and one more thing before I stop badgering you. When I bought the 120g, it sat in my living room empty for 6-8 months before I was ready to set it up. If you find a great deal you can afford on a tank, get it, the rest can come later.

Page 42 of 105 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast