· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 41 of 103 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Honey Badger 1 View Post
    It is a cute tank, even though it is a bit fuzzy.
    Thank you!...the fish seem fine to me, temp is good (79), water parameters are good, etc...

Flooding here today, if it ever stops, may venture to the LFS to get a snail...
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal

40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal

Awards Showcase

No Message - talldutchie Merry Christmas - KingFisher Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7 This Holiday Swine hopes your 2014 will be simply divine! - Trillianne Thanks again for your help yesterday - Slaphppy7 
    Happy New Year! - jeffs99dime Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year Mommy1. - Strider199 Cheers.  Have some of my hang-over cure. Happy New Year - Cliff Happy New Year! - KingFisher Happy Birthday. - Taurus 
    Happy Birthday. - gadget228 Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 Looks like its time for a second cup! - Trillianne always fun - Surfdog thanks for sweetening the pot! - fishmommie 
    Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 for putting up with my bad timing - Cliff Congrats on MOTM. - gadget228 For most awesome avatar of the day. lol  Love it. - KevinVA Thank you so much for the Rep!! - steeler58 

0 Not allowed!
    That storm passed through here last night and this morning. It didn't last long, but it was crazy while it was going on.
    When I go fishing I just place a sharp rock in the water and sit there waiting for all the dead fish to float to the top... Kingfisher
    Brutal honesty will be shown on this screen.
    I think my fish is adjusting well to the four gallon, He's laying on his side attempting to go to sleep on the bottom of the gravel.
    Tolerance is a great thing to have, so is the ability to shut up.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

0 Not allowed!
    That storm passed through here last night and this morning. It didn't last long, but it was crazy while it was going on.
    It was crazy here too...couldn't sleep with all the lightning and thunder....I've gotten about 5" in the last 24 hr at my house...thinking last year's drought is over (?), for us anyway

Awards Showcase

No Message - talldutchie Merry Christmas - KingFisher Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7 This Holiday Swine hopes your 2014 will be simply divine! - Trillianne Thanks again for your help yesterday - Slaphppy7 
    Happy New Year! - jeffs99dime Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year Mommy1. - Strider199 Cheers.  Have some of my hang-over cure. Happy New Year - Cliff Happy New Year! - KingFisher Happy Birthday. - Taurus 
    Happy Birthday. - gadget228 Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 Looks like its time for a second cup! - Trillianne always fun - Surfdog thanks for sweetening the pot! - fishmommie 
    Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 for putting up with my bad timing - Cliff Congrats on MOTM. - gadget228 For most awesome avatar of the day. lol  Love it. - KevinVA Thank you so much for the Rep!! - steeler58 

0 Not allowed!
    I don't think we got nearly that much rain, maybe 1-2 inches, but the lighting, wind, and hail were impressive. Now it is 80F and shiny outside, gotta love Texas.
    When I go fishing I just place a sharp rock in the water and sit there waiting for all the dead fish to float to the top... Kingfisher
    I think my fish is adjusting well to the four gallon, He's laying on his side attempting to go to sleep on the bottom of the gravel.

0 Not allowed!
    I don't think we got nearly that much rain, maybe 1-2 inches, but the lighting, wind, and hail were impressive. Now it is 80F and shiny outside, gotta love Texas.
    Yep...still a good chance tomorrow for more, but Sunday is supposed to be nice...sun FINALLY comig out here

0 Not allowed!
    Hi everyone,
    I have a question about adding stones/pebbles/rocks to my 10 gallon tank.

I hope I'm not about to get into trouble here...but...a few summers ago we took a family vacation to Big Bend State Park, in west Texas...and near the Rio Grande river, some small rocks and smooth pebbles somehow got into Lauren's (yeah, I'm gonna blame her) backpack and made it home with us...they are quite plain when they are dry, but beautiful colors come through on some of them when they are wet...

If you've seen pics of our little tank earlier in this thread, we now have a small "glow in the dark" cave thingy on one side near the front of the tank, and a Spongebob pineapple on the other...we are thinking of replacing these with the more natural looking stones/pebbles..nothing big or major, maybe just a couple of arrangements of these on either side...

My question is, is this safe to do?...should I be concerned about any chemicals or other stuff that may be on/in these rocks that could cause our fish problems?...is there a way to "test" the stones?...they came from an all-natural environment, of course, but I don't want to cause any problems in the tank by doing this...

Thanks for reading and all replies!

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Well, since they came from a state park (shame shame ) a few summers ago, I don't think there would be anything on them that would hurt your tank. Depending on the type of rock, it could change your pH. To check, pour some vinegar on them and if they fizzle, they will raise the pH, or you could put them in a bucket of water for several days and check the pH periodically and see if it fluctuates. If not, give them a good scrub and put them in your tank.

0 Not allowed!
    Well, since they came from a state park (shame shame ) a few summers ago, I don't think there would be anything on them that would hurt your tank. Depending on the type of rock, it could change your pH. To check, pour some vinegar on them and if they fizzle, they will raise the pH, or you could put them in a bucket of water for several days and check the pH periodically and see if it fluctuates. If not, give them a good scrub and put them in your tank.
    Shame, shame??...I told you LAUREN did it, not me !

I always love lugging home luggage that is heavier than when we left, on Amtrack nonetheless...

Thanks HB1, we actually have them in a big jar of water right now, to check out the colors, and I was actually wondering about the ph...

We'll take your advice and post a pic or two later...might not place the stones 'til I do my WWC Saturday...

Ciao!

0 Not allowed!
    Here are some pics of those rocks we are thinking about putting in the tank:

{img}http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/h...ppy7/rock2.jpg {/img]

I swear I see a coprolite in there...which would be WAY cool...

PH on these after soaking a day was 7.6

Anyone know what we're looking at?

Thanks for viewing
    Last edited by Slaphppy7; 05-14-2013 at 11:41 PM.

0 Not allowed!
    7.6ph is standard city tap water as far as I know, it's the same here where I live, was the same in the Keys, Philadelphia and Montreal as well. None of the rocks I see in your photo should alter your tanks balance. What they will do is provide additional area for the beneficial bacteria you want in the tank. Seeing your signature it looks to me that your tank is maxed on what a 10G can handle. I have a 10G for my Beta, he shares it with 6 neons, as a result, 0 ammonia always and very, very slow build up of Nitrates. I did not read all the posts but it looks to me that you have picked up loads of info here already and are well on your way to tackling your next project with confidence. Good luck and a belated welcome to the Forum...
    Life is tough, it's even tougher if your stupid.

If your not angry, your not paying attention...

150G FWLR (Morays) 75G Fresh (Assrtd) 24G Cube (Reef/Goby) 10G Fresh (Beta)

Page 41 of 103 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast