· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 38 of 210 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888138 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

My first gift goes to you, hope you like the rummy nose :) - fish gazer Thanks so much. - metweezer here's to 14,000 posts :) - steeler58 For a Super-good idea! - Rue TGIF back at you :) - steeler58 
    TGIF!! - steeler58 TGIF!! - steeler58 TGIF indeed - RiversGirl TGIF back at you! - Taurus TGIF back to you! - wgoldfarb 
    TGIF - Taurus right back at cha! - fishmommie TGIF back at you :) - steeler58 Happy B Day! - Taurus Which leaves on to ask which came first the cake or the beer! - Taurus 
    Happy B-day buddy! - steeler58 Happy 51st...and many more! - Rue Congrats on your cycle!! - RiversGirl thanks - fishmommie Have a Cory for passing 15,000 post's; WOW!! - steeler58 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady 

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Honey Badger 1 View Post
    Shrimp have a very small bio-load, but they do prefer a well matured tank, I would hold off on them for a while. Maybe it's time for that bigger tank to keep you occupied
    LOL, was kinda thinking the same thing...not sure my wife will go for it, just yet...

I was looking through a local online classified site, and there are alot of people wanting to sell their stuff...just not sure if the deals on some of these tanks are that great or not:

http://www.southeasttexas.com/classi...fied_code=fish
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal

40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal

Awards Showcase

My first gift goes to you, hope you like the rummy nose :) - fish gazer Thanks so much. - metweezer here's to 14,000 posts :) - steeler58 For a Super-good idea! - Rue TGIF back at you :) - steeler58 
    TGIF!! - steeler58 TGIF!! - steeler58 TGIF indeed - RiversGirl TGIF back at you! - Taurus TGIF back to you! - wgoldfarb 
    TGIF - Taurus right back at cha! - fishmommie TGIF back at you :) - steeler58 Happy B Day! - Taurus Which leaves on to ask which came first the cake or the beer! - Taurus 
    Happy B-day buddy! - steeler58 Happy 51st...and many more! - Rue Congrats on your cycle!! - RiversGirl thanks - fishmommie Have a Cory for passing 15,000 post's; WOW!! - steeler58 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady 

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by fishmommie View Post
    Once you have your daughter's tank finished, you're going to have to get one of your own. You could have a beautiful 30 gallon tank - a great size and easy to maintain. You know you want to....O:)
    Dang it, you guys sure know how to tempt me!

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    It's an addicting hobby.
    Just to give you and example on price. I got started with a 30 gallon kit from Petco. They had a 1/2 price sale. The tank, heater, hood, light, & filter cost me $60.00 brand new. I added a second filter for $25, substrate and I was up and running. This was a little over a year ago.
    So be careful on the craig's list kind of sites. shop around on line at Fosters and Smith, Big Al's and your local FS and you might come up with a better deal on new in the long run because you never know if the used heaters and filters have much life left in them. Having said that though, there are some great used deals out there sometime.
    30 g FW planted:corys, ABNP, blue angel, harleys, zebra danios, pair kribs, & nerite snails
    15 g FW planted: crown tail betta, neons, snails
    90 g FW semi planted: EBJD, congos, apple snails
    90 Gal Journal: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=93939
    Fishless cycling: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ead.php?t=5640
    Cycling with fish: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=36492

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    It's an addicting hobby.
    Just to give you and example on price. I got started with a 30 gallon kit from Petco. They had a 1/2 price sale. The tank, heater, hood, light, & filter cost me $60.00 brand new. I added a second filter for $25, substrate and I was up and running. This was a little over a year ago.
    So be careful on the craig's list kind of sites. shop around on line at Fosters and Smith, Big Al's and your local FS and you might come up with a better deal on new in the long run because you never know if the used heaters and filters have much life left in them. Having said that though, there are some great used deals out there sometime.
    Thanks for the info, fishmommie...If I were to buy used, the tank would be the main thing I'd be concerned with, cracks, cleanliness, etc...all the hardware I'd want new anyway...did you check that classified link I posted?...it's kinda sparse today, usually packed with people selling stuff

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaphppy7 View Post
    Thanks for the info, fishmommie...If I were to buy used, the tank would be the main thing I'd be concerned with, cracks, cleanliness, etc...all the hardware I'd want new anyway...did you check that classified link I posted?...it's kinda sparse today, usually packed with people selling stuff
    I did scroll through it but nothing jumped out at me. I bought my 90 gallon tank stand and canopy used then refinished the stand and canopy. I saved a ton of money. here's a link to my journal. start on page 4 - it shows the stand when I bought it and then after.
    http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...t=93939&page=4
    30 g FW planted:corys, ABNP, blue angel, harleys, zebra danios, pair kribs, & nerite snails
    15 g FW planted: crown tail betta, neons, snails
    90 g FW semi planted: EBJD, congos, apple snails
    90 Gal Journal: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=93939
    Fishless cycling: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ead.php?t=5640
    Cycling with fish: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=36492

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    I did scroll through it but nothing jumped out at me. I bought my 90 gallon tank stand and canopy used then refinished the stand and canopy. I saved a ton of money. here's a link to my journal. start on page 4 - it shows the stand when I bought it and then after.
    http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...t=93939&page=4
    WOW, very nice indeed, thanks for sharing

Awards Showcase

Congrats on the cycles! - Slaphppy7 Thanks for the Rep and the gift :) - steeler58 Using up my winnings on my friends! - Compass T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Thx4 - pRED 
    For your new tetra's :) - steeler58 pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie Good job on your amazing tanks! - SeaLady thank you for all the helpful information - showmebutterfly new fish! - RiversGirl 
    I like your signature - aquariumlover10 Happy AC anniversary - SeaLady Happy 2 Year Anniversary! - Slaphppy7 For being my 7,000th poster! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    TGIF - steeler58 TGIF! - showmebutterfly TGIF! - wgoldfarb T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 thanks for the tip on the ammonia alert.  it's great for cycling with fish. - fishmommie 
    Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - gronlaura 

0 Not allowed!
    The 75 gal I bought on craigslist was not usable. The stand and 20 gal were usable, so price wise it worked okay (I love my stand). Fortunately my LFS had a black friday sale and I got my 75 gal for $79.99.

Petco often has $1 per gallon sales and it usually applies up to a 55 gal. And they sell Aqueon tanks, which are great. That would be a really nice size, brand new first tank, at a very good price. Then buy all your equipment and supplies (everything else) online - you will save big $$$ that way.
    My 75 gal Journal & My Dual 29 gal Journal
    My 75 gal - Gold Pristella Tetras, Scissortail Rasboras, Neon Dwarf Rainbowfish, Leopard & Zebra Danios, Wild Caught BNP
    My Dual 29 gals - Left Tank - Diamond Tetras. Right Tank - Harlequin Rasboras
    Future 40 Long - Rummynose Tetras and Cories

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain"

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by gronlaura View Post
    The 75 gal I bought on craigslist was not usable. The stand and 20 gal were usable, so price wise it worked okay (I love my stand). Fortunately my LFS had a black friday sale and I got my 75 gal for $79.99.

Petco often has $1 per gallon sales and it usually applies up to a 55 gal. And they sell Aqueon tanks, which are great. That would be a really nice size, brand new first tank, at a very good price. Then buy all your equipment and supplies (everything else) online - you will save big $$$ that way.
    Hi gronlaura,
    Thanks for the info..saving $$ is s priority at my house, or at least we try, lol..is there a link somewhere that shows dimensions of tanks (feet, inches) that correspond to gallon size?

Awards Showcase

Congrats on the cycles! - Slaphppy7 Thanks for the Rep and the gift :) - steeler58 Using up my winnings on my friends! - Compass T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Thx4 - pRED 
    For your new tetra's :) - steeler58 pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie Good job on your amazing tanks! - SeaLady thank you for all the helpful information - showmebutterfly new fish! - RiversGirl 
    I like your signature - aquariumlover10 Happy AC anniversary - SeaLady Happy 2 Year Anniversary! - Slaphppy7 For being my 7,000th poster! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    TGIF - steeler58 TGIF! - showmebutterfly TGIF! - wgoldfarb T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 thanks for the tip on the ammonia alert.  it's great for cycling with fish. - fishmommie 
    Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - gronlaura 

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaphppy7 View Post
    Hi gronlaura,
    Thanks for the info..saving $$ is s priority at my house, or at least we try, lol..is there a link somewhere that shows dimensions of tanks (feet, inches) that correspond to gallon size?
    Here's a link: http://alysta.com/books/fishtank.htm
    My 75 gal Journal & My Dual 29 gal Journal
    My 75 gal - Gold Pristella Tetras, Scissortail Rasboras, Neon Dwarf Rainbowfish, Leopard & Zebra Danios, Wild Caught BNP
    My Dual 29 gals - Left Tank - Diamond Tetras. Right Tank - Harlequin Rasboras
    Future 40 Long - Rummynose Tetras and Cories

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain"

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by gronlaura View Post
    THANK you!

Page 38 of 210 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888138 ... LastLast