· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 35 of 190 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585135 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Lauren will love the shrimp once you get them. They are active and fun to have in the tank.

I don't really know what to think about your Molly. I haven't ever had one before. In my tank, everyone gets a little nippy and aggressive at mealtime. That's normal and okay as long as nobody gets a bite taken out of them and everyone gets to eat.
    Has the Molly claimed a specific territory out of which she chases the platy? If so, perhaps putting some tall plants around the edges of her territory so she doesn't see him as much when he's near would help.

Is your molly a male or a female? I wonder if it's some type of mating behavior....this is all me shooting in the dark.

Celestial pearl danios and chili rasbora are both gorgeous in person, but they are not commonly found in your average fish store. I have a place near me that will special order almost any fish you want and they don't charge extra shipping or anything. That's a nice way to avoid that common $30 overnight live shipping fee that most online fish stores have on livestock.
    ~Manna
    10 gallon live planted aquarium with 6 neons
    90 gallon fw community in progress

Awards Showcase

Have another Rummy for 12,000 posts ;) - steeler58 Thanks for the rep - mommy1 Medicine for what ails you. - Taurus cheers! - RiversGirl For passing yet another member ;-) - steeler58 
    a liquid lunch for you - RiversGirl BOOM! Have a gourami. - ~firefly~ TGIF!!!!!!!!!! - Taurus hides the stick and gives you a cookie instead - RiversGirl TGIF *cheers* - RiversGirl 
    more new fish!! - SeaLady Supposed to be a Neon but looks more like a Cardinal :) - steeler58 Thanks for the rep!! - steeler58 It's Miller time! - Taurus A hot toddy for your crude. :-) - Taurus 
    After all that help I owe you a beer! - Richard Peche You needed one! - Plecos TGIF it's been awile ;) - steeler58 TGIF Indeed!!! - Compass TGIF It's Miller time and my lawn is mowed :P - Taurus 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady 

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by CrunchyLeaf View Post
    Lauren will love the shrimp once you get them. They are active and fun to have in the tank.

I don't really know what to think about your Molly. I haven't ever had one before. In my tank, everyone gets a little nippy and aggressive at mealtime. That's normal and okay as long as nobody gets a bite taken out of them and everyone gets to eat.
    Has the Molly claimed a specific territory out of which she chases the platy? If so, perhaps putting some tall plants around the edges of her territory so she doesn't see him as much when he's near would help.

Is your molly a male or a female? I wonder if it's some type of mating behavior....this is all me shooting in the dark.

Celestial pearl danios and chili rasbora are both gorgeous in person, but they are not commonly found in your average fish store. I have a place near me that will special order almost any fish you want and they don't charge extra shipping or anything. That's a nice way to avoid that common $30 overnight live shipping fee that most online fish stores have on livestock.
    Good morning CL,
    Yes, I think the shrimp will be alot of fun too...No, the molly really hasn't staked out a territory as far as I can tell...It DOES usually happen around feeding time, so maybe it's a normal thing, it hasn't caused any physical damage to the platy that I can see...Lauren told me that she saw on the internet that female Mollys have a certain fin arrangement that ours does, so she seems to think it is a female...

We are going to visit a small pet store close to our town this WE that may be able to order fish, and maybe the shrimp, for us...will definately report back and let everyone know what we find out...

TGIF, it's been a long week at work....

Awards Showcase

Thanks for the rep!! - steeler58 For working with new fish keepers! Outstanding this month. - Taurus Just Because - Surfdog A round for the fallen this Memorial Day weekend. - Compass I had no cup, so I put it on a bun... - Slaphppy7 
    You are amazing! So smart and giving. - SeaLady Can't give you any more rep, but well said! - steeler58 Thank again!! You seem to enjoy your coffee. - steeler58 Thanks for the rep!! - Compass this doesnt look like pie... not the right kind.. - Sandz 
    for providing solid guidance to others - RiversGirl Thanks for the rep! :) - Compass cheers - Fishhook Using up my winnings on my friends! - Compass No Message - Fishhook 
    beeeeeeeer! - Sandz Bottoms up! (even though you don't drink, lol) - Slaphppy7 We miss you... - Compass thank you for the filter! - RiversGirl for the fun game! - SeaLady 

0 Not allowed!
    Just so you know.
    Male

Female
    When I go fishing I just place a sharp rock in the water and sit there waiting for all the dead fish to float to the top... Kingfisher
    Brutal honesty will be shown on this screen.
    I think my fish is adjusting well to the four gallon, He's laying on his side attempting to go to sleep on the bottom of the gravel.
    Tolerance is a great thing to have, so is the ability to shut up.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Awards Showcase

Have another Rummy for 12,000 posts ;) - steeler58 Thanks for the rep - mommy1 Medicine for what ails you. - Taurus cheers! - RiversGirl For passing yet another member ;-) - steeler58 
    a liquid lunch for you - RiversGirl BOOM! Have a gourami. - ~firefly~ TGIF!!!!!!!!!! - Taurus hides the stick and gives you a cookie instead - RiversGirl TGIF *cheers* - RiversGirl 
    more new fish!! - SeaLady Supposed to be a Neon but looks more like a Cardinal :) - steeler58 Thanks for the rep!! - steeler58 It's Miller time! - Taurus A hot toddy for your crude. :-) - Taurus 
    After all that help I owe you a beer! - Richard Peche You needed one! - Plecos TGIF it's been awile ;) - steeler58 TGIF Indeed!!! - Compass TGIF It's Miller time and my lawn is mowed :P - Taurus 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady 

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks HB1....BUT...keep in mind now, I'm a beginner...those pics look more like what we think in our tank is a PLATY...especially that bottom pic, ours look just like her, but ours is orange...

So, if you don't mind, can you get me a couple pictures of platys?

Dang, I'm such a nOOb...

Awards Showcase

Thanks for the rep!! - steeler58 For working with new fish keepers! Outstanding this month. - Taurus Just Because - Surfdog A round for the fallen this Memorial Day weekend. - Compass I had no cup, so I put it on a bun... - Slaphppy7 
    You are amazing! So smart and giving. - SeaLady Can't give you any more rep, but well said! - steeler58 Thank again!! You seem to enjoy your coffee. - steeler58 Thanks for the rep!! - Compass this doesnt look like pie... not the right kind.. - Sandz 
    for providing solid guidance to others - RiversGirl Thanks for the rep! :) - Compass cheers - Fishhook Using up my winnings on my friends! - Compass No Message - Fishhook 
    beeeeeeeer! - Sandz Bottoms up! (even though you don't drink, lol) - Slaphppy7 We miss you... - Compass thank you for the filter! - RiversGirl for the fun game! - SeaLady 

0 Not allowed!
    The naughty bits look mostly the same for pretty much all live bearers whether they are molly, platys, or guppies etc..

Male

Female

Male

Female

This concludes your fish sex ed for today.

Oh, and the pictures in my first post are mollys, the first two pictures in this post are platys, and the last two are of course guppies. Molly's and Platys can be confusing at first.
    Last edited by mommy1; 05-03-2013 at 02:49 PM.
    When I go fishing I just place a sharp rock in the water and sit there waiting for all the dead fish to float to the top... Kingfisher
    I think my fish is adjusting well to the four gallon, He's laying on his side attempting to go to sleep on the bottom of the gravel.

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Honey Badger 1 View Post
    The naughty bits look mostly the same for pretty much all live bearers whether they are molly, platys, or guppies etc..

Male
    http://www.tropicalfishandaquariums..../RedPlaty2.jpg

Female
    http://ourpetclub.com/vb/up/out.php/i4117_GA0316.2.jpg

Male
    http://wereallwet.com/wp-content/upl...Guppy_Care.jpg

Female
    http://virtualaquarium.files.wordpre...guppy-2008.jpg

This concludes your fish sex ed for today.

Oh, and the pictures in my first post are mollys, the first two pictures in this post are platys, and the last two are of course guppies. Molly's and Platys can be confusing at first.
    LOL thanks HB1...the seond pic in this post did not stick, it says "no hotlink"

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Interesting, they all show for me. Hopefully these female platy's will show.

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Here's what we have:

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    That is a black molly.
    2862_male1female_1.jpg

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Honey Badger 1 View Post
    That is a black molly.
    2862_male1female_1.jpg
    GOT IT, we have a black female molly...Thanks HB1

Page 35 of 190 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585135 ... LastLast