Aquarium Forum
 


Menu
  · Tropical Fish Home
· Fish News
· Aquarium Forum
· Buy & Sell
· Calculators
· Equipment reviews
· Free Aquarium Ebook
· Feedback
· Link to us
· Photo gallery
· Plant species
· Tropica Plant DB
Tropical fish species
· By Common name
· By Scientific name
Tropical Marine fish
· By Common name
· By Scientific name

_________________
 
      
        Via paypal

  AC news is a part of
      Nature Blog Network

      Reef Aquarium Blog

Privacy & Ad Policy

Articles
  · African Cichlids
· Algae Control
· Aquarium Decoration
· Aquarium Resources
· Aquatic Plants
· Barb Fish
· Betta Fish
· Breeding Fish
· Catfish
· Central American Cichlids
· Cichlids
· Clownfish
· Corals
· Corydoras Catfish
· Discus Fish
· Dwarf Cichlids
· Fish Diseases
· Frogs and Turtles
· Goby Fish
· Goldfish
· Gourami
· Invertebrates
· Jellyfish
· Killiefish
· Lake Victoria Cichlids
· Livebearers
· Malawi Cichlids
· Marine Aquariums
· Marine Aquarium Fish
· Other Fish
· Pleco
· Predatory Fish
· Photography
· Pond Fish
· Responsible Fish Keeping
· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 26 of 105 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 260 of 1046
  1. #251

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    The plants you are talking about are called aponogetons. The common types you find in such bulb packs are fairly easy to grow, but still will need good lighting. What is the wattage and color temperature(6000k, 2800k, etc) of your lights?

  2. #252

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by madagascariensis View Post
    The plants you are talking about are called aponogetons. The common types you find in such bulb packs are fairly easy to grow, but still will need good lighting. What is the wattage and color temperature(6000k, 2800k, etc) of your lights?
    YES, that name rings a bell...to be honest. I have no idea on the wattage and color temp of the LEDs, will have to check this evening after work...they are built into the hinged lid of the hood, that came with the "kit"...I'd really like a brighter light, but dont know much about lighting a tank...

  3. #253

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Ammonia = 0 (OR CLOSE, FIRST TIME!)
    Nitrate = 10.0
    Nitrite = 2.0

    Some different results, I'm hoping positive ones

  4. #254

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaphppy7 View Post
    Ammonia = 0 (OR CLOSE, FIRST TIME!)
    Nitrate = 10.0
    Nitrite = 2.0

    Some different results, I'm hoping positive ones
    And have not done my daily water change yet!

  5. #255

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Awesome! Looks like that ammonia eating bacteria is doing its thing and the nitrite eating bacteria is getting a good start too. Bet that feels good after the tedium of the last couple of weeks huh?
    ~Manna
    10 gallon live planted aquarium with 6 neons
    90 gallon fw community in progress

  6. #256

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by CrunchyLeaf View Post
    Awesome! Looks like that ammonia eating bacteria is doing its thing and the nitrite eating bacteria is getting a good start too. Bet that feels good after the tedium of the last couple of weeks huh?
    Good morning CL,
    Yes, I was fired up to finally start getting some positive results from the daily water changes...I know it takes time, but I'm not the most patient person you'll ever meet!

  7. #257

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    No need to explain - most new fish tank owners aren't LOL
    46 gal fw tank with black skirt tetras, neon tetras, spotted corys, green corys, 1 guppy, cherry barbs, otoclinus, snails & 4 amano shrimp - plastic & live plants
    5 gal QT with green corys & 2 guppies

  8. #258

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by imma24 View Post
    No need to explain - most new fish tank owners aren't LOL
    Hi imma24, I'm learning that, from reading some other 'newbie" posts on here!

  9. #259

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    This eve's water test:

    Ammonia = 0
    Nitrate = 10
    Nitrite = 2.0

    Carrying on...

  10. #260

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaphppy7 View Post
    YES, that name rings a bell...to be honest. I have no idea on the wattage and color temp of the LEDs, will have to check this evening after work...they are built into the hinged lid of the hood, that came with the "kit"...I'd really like a brighter light, but dont know much about lighting a tank...
    Good morning all,
    Still have not determined the wattage and color temp of the LED light that came as part of the tank "kit", but it may not matter...there seems to be a short in the wiring somewhere, because sometimes the lights don't want to come one, you have to keep playing with the switch...so, I'm thinking about getting another light...any suggestions from you guys for a light set up for a 10 gallon tank?...the LED one we have now is built into the hinged lid of the hood that came with the kit...I would like to keep the tank mostly covered, like it is now, except for the opening where the filter is hanging on the back...

    Any suggestions greatly appreciated...

Page 26 of 105 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •