· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 25 of 192 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575125 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by CrunchyLeaf View Post
    I think the biggest downside to ammonia in the tap is that it makes your fish in cycle take longer to complete..
    I would say that the biggest downside to ammonia in your source water [OTHER than the sheer nastiness of the water you're drinking] is that with every single WC you are adding ammonia back into your stocks environment which they will have to deal with until it is processed by the BB but Prime detoixifies it so no worries.

Last edited by Goes to 11!; 04-15-2013 at 09:18 PM.
    Gas mileage isn't everything OIIIIIIIO
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.
    Why pretend there are no stupid questions? Actually, There are many stupid questions: "Should I drink this bleach?" Is just one example.
    Having said that, Just because it's a stupid question doesn't mean that it shouldn't be asked. It's better to know.

A warm beer is better than a cold beer. Because nothing is better than a cold beer, and a warm beer is better than nothing.

0 Not allowed!
    Haha once you get your discus from Korith you're here to stay my friend.
    ~Manna
    10 gallon live planted aquarium with 6 neons
    90 gallon fw community in progress

Awards Showcase

Have another Rummy for 12,000 posts ;) - steeler58 Thanks for the rep - mommy1 Medicine for what ails you. - Taurus cheers! - RiversGirl For passing yet another member ;-) - steeler58 
    a liquid lunch for you - RiversGirl BOOM! Have a gourami. - ~firefly~ TGIF!!!!!!!!!! - Taurus hides the stick and gives you a cookie instead - RiversGirl TGIF *cheers* - RiversGirl 
    more new fish!! - SeaLady Supposed to be a Neon but looks more like a Cardinal :) - steeler58 Thanks for the rep!! - steeler58 It's Miller time! - Taurus A hot toddy for your crude. :-) - Taurus 
    After all that help I owe you a beer! - Richard Peche You needed one! - Plecos TGIF it's been awile ;) - steeler58 TGIF Indeed!!! - Compass TGIF It's Miller time and my lawn is mowed :P - Taurus 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady 

0 Not allowed!
    Haha once you get your discus from Korith you're here to stay my friend.
    I'm feeling more welcome every day

Awards Showcase

Have another Rummy for 12,000 posts ;) - steeler58 Thanks for the rep - mommy1 Medicine for what ails you. - Taurus cheers! - RiversGirl For passing yet another member ;-) - steeler58 
    a liquid lunch for you - RiversGirl BOOM! Have a gourami. - ~firefly~ TGIF!!!!!!!!!! - Taurus hides the stick and gives you a cookie instead - RiversGirl TGIF *cheers* - RiversGirl 
    more new fish!! - SeaLady Supposed to be a Neon but looks more like a Cardinal :) - steeler58 Thanks for the rep!! - steeler58 It's Miller time! - Taurus A hot toddy for your crude. :-) - Taurus 
    After all that help I owe you a beer! - Richard Peche You needed one! - Plecos TGIF it's been awile ;) - steeler58 TGIF Indeed!!! - Compass TGIF It's Miller time and my lawn is mowed :P - Taurus 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady 

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Goes to 11! View Post
    I would say that the biggest downside to ammonia in your source water [OTHER than the sheer nastiness of the water you're drinking] is that with every single WC you are adding ammonia back into your stocks environment which they will have to deal with until it is processed by the BB but Prime detoixifies it so no worries.

Thanks for your thoughts...I DO have a working well, that I tested when I first got my API kit...showed no ammonia, if I remember correctly...but the well water is cloudy, not sure if it is from a rusty tank or sand....plus, how could I make it match the temp of my tank water...AND, my Python won't reach all the way to the backyard...

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Daughter came home yesterday with a little pack of those plant-bulb things...are these ok to use?

0 Not allowed!
    Plants can be a whole other undertaking. Often requiring different substrate, lighting setups and the addition of fertilizers. Some types of plants are very low maintenance though and require very little care to thrive in the aquarium. Where did she get them? Are they aquatic? Do you know what the name of the plant is?
    ~Manna

0 Not allowed!
    I just had a visual of you deciding you're interested in plants and changing to a different substrate and buying a new hood/light combo and it made me laugh. Then you'd literally have to tell the wife the glass was the only left over from the original kit.

Don't go buy that stuff though...lets wait and see what you have :P
    Last edited by CrunchyLeaf; 04-15-2013 at 10:19 PM. Reason: spelling
    ~Manna

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Plants can be a whole other undertaking. Often requiring different substrate, lighting setups and the addition of fertilizers. Some types of plants are very low maintenance though and require very little care to thrive in the aquarium. Where did she get them? Are they aquatic? Do you know what the name of the plant is?
    Good morning CL,

She got them at Walmart, in the aquarium section...yes, they are for aquariums...there were 5 little bulbs, kinda looked like chunks of dirt...can't remember the name, started with an "a", long name...supposedly you just drop them in, they begin to sprout, then you can place them where you want in the substrate..."guaranteed to grow"...we through them in last night after a warter change...if they do nothing, I'll just pull them out...the only light we have for them are 3 sets of LEDs on the cover, came with the tank kit...we have 2 other live plants in there that are doing fine, and one plastic plant that we have the bubbler stuck into...

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    I just had a visual of you deciding you're interested in plants and changing to a different substrate and buying a new hood/light combo and it made me laugh. Then you'd literally have to tell the wife the glass was the only left over from the original kit.

Don't go buy that stuff though...lets wait and see what you have :P

No, all that stuff will be for MY aquarium, once I get this one going

I mean, hers has pink, black, and white substrate...and a Spongebob pineapple house (the snails hang out in there alot, for some reason)

I'd want more natural coloring, and lots of plants and rocks and stuff...and some sort of cool animated bubbler

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Speaking of cool bubblers, I saw one somewhere on the 'net, one that I can't find now...it was like a little bungaloe (sp?) with palm trees, and a wheel that turns as the bubbles flow through it, sort of like you see where people used to set up a mill next to a stream, and the flowing water would do the work...

Any websites you guys know of that sell quality bubblers, not the cheap plastic ones?

If so, share a link, please...

Thanks!

Page 25 of 192 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575125 ... LastLast