· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 169 of 180 FirstFirst ... 69119159167168169170171179 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,690 of 1793

1 Not allowed!
    No prob.

The bottom 29 would be where you'd start looking at, if you wanted something that would adapt to your pH. That being said, keep the other params in mind, as well. Temps, water hardness, etc. That list is just a starting point. =]

I need to do some pwcs tonight, too. Have fun, man!
    Adventures in Aquaria - The KevinVA Story

When in doubt, ask yourself... W.W.L.S (What would Lee Say)?

Have a fish problem? Fill out and post this completed questionnaire in the General Aquarium Forum, when you start a new thread.

Awards Showcase

I don't like to drink alone..... Cheers - Cliff because they rock! and for showing them to me. - cm12setx Here's to retirement! - Slaphppy7 Thanks for the videos and great advice on restocking my dual 29s! - gronlaura for tirelessly showing beautiful, various fish - RiversGirl 
    T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 TGIF on the 13th with a full moon. - Taurus Spurs! - RiversGirl Here's a get well soon beer, so get well ASAP. - Taurus T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    feelin your pain - SeaLady Using up my winnings on my friends! - Compass Beer reduces kidney stones! - Sandz T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Thx. Have another on me! - pRED 
    Enjoy the 4th brother :-) - Taurus Bleeding blues! - RiversGirl TGIF and here's to the bleeding blues Lee. - Taurus This one's on me.... - Slaphppy7 pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie 
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler1 Childhood Cancer - steeler1 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - steeler1 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 

3 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaphppy7 View Post
    Well, I sat Lauren down last night to get her to have a look at the CPD's (which I'm falling in love with) and the chili rasboras. She seems to like them both. I went outside for a minute, came back in, and she was looking at this: https://www.google.com/search?q=neon...=isch&imgdii=_

Needless to say, I was less than thrilled...after all I've tried to teach her about dyed fish, she's still fascinated by them, or the altered ones, more precisely...I made the mistake long ago of telling her about the genetically altered ones, that are similar in appearance but not dyed, and she can't get that out of her head

I kind of lost it, and told her if that's what she wants, we'll just keep the pink gravel and she can fill the tank with fish that look like highliters...but I'm not buying them, and when they die/get sick/infect the other fish with ich, I don't want to hear about it.

I admit I could have handled it a bit differently...need to have another sit-down with her tonight before she leaves for grandparent's house tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by mommy1 View Post
    You could tell her that none of the glofish are suitable for a 10g tank, they all require a much longer tank. Not only is it true, it might change her mind.
    Very true they will fail in a tank that size and the ones that survive will have that wonderful "hump back" look.

Sorry I'm late to the party as usual these days, but before you make up your mind on the Chili rasbora ck out these little guys, they are on Kevin's list and in stock at TWS. Boraras urophthalmoides

Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
    Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.
    -Vince Lombardi

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ― John Wooden
    Sandy Hook Elementary......Lest We Forget
    See my profile for my tanks and what fish I keep

Awards Showcase

Never too late to drink to the fallen. - KevinVA Have another tetras for the new tank - steeler58 Have another tetra, you need more fish anyway :) - steeler58 Good advice on the Flame tetra, I can't rep you any more, so have a "cherry barb" - steeler58 Now you have 15! - Slaphppy7 
    T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Have a Cory!! - steeler58 Good Luck - pRED Sorry about the betta - Slaphppy7 to your next Betta - Fishhook 
    Bottoms up! - Slaphppy7 Chin-up - Cliff sorry for your loss. - cm12setx T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Enjoy the 4th my friend! - Taurus 
    Sharring my winnings - steeler58 Thanks for the rep :) - rebecca_finny for giving a catfish its first taste of human. - cm12setx pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie For being MOTM - steeler58 

6 Not allowed!
    Well since this is the thread that got us talking about kids and parents, here is a picture of my little Collin. Taken a month ago so he was 8 months.
    Collin.JPG
    Increasing your biodiversity increases your stability.

You know what this tank needs? ........................ Crypts.

2 Not allowed!
    Now thats quality father son time! +1 to you
    Fishes go "pook pook"
    my spell check went on vaction.
    my Mts storie:http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...d.php?t=117355

5. Default

2 Not allowed!
    I
    Quote Originally Posted by Compass View Post
    Well since this is the thread that got us talking about kids and parents, here is a picture of my little Collin. Taken a month ago so he was 8 months.
    Collin.JPG
    Oh, what a little cutie! You should be a very proud papa! So he's 9 mths or so now? That is the age when they start to get really mobile and they definitely keep you busy!

Awards Showcase

Thanks!!! - steeler58 Happy Mother's Day! - Slaphppy7 For 7,000 posts!! - steeler58 Thanks for the rep!! - steeler58 For working with new fish keepers! Outstanding this month. - Taurus 
    Just Because - Surfdog A round for the fallen this Memorial Day weekend. - Compass I had no cup, so I put it on a bun... - Slaphppy7 You are amazing! So smart and giving. - SeaLady Can't give you any more rep, but well said! - steeler58 
    Thank again!! You seem to enjoy your coffee. - steeler58 Thanks for the rep!! - Compass this doesnt look like pie... not the right kind.. - Sandz for providing solid guidance to others - RiversGirl Thanks for the rep! :) - Compass 
    cheers - Fishhook Using up my winnings on my friends! - Compass No Message - Fishhook beeeeeeeer! - Sandz Bottoms up! (even though you don't drink, lol) - Slaphppy7 

1 Not allowed!
    Oh, he's adorable. I bet he's a handful too, just has that mischievous look in his eye.
    When I go fishing I just place a sharp rock in the water and sit there waiting for all the dead fish to float to the top... Kingfisher
    Brutal honesty will be shown on this screen.
    I think my fish is adjusting well to the four gallon, He's laying on his side attempting to go to sleep on the bottom of the gravel.
    Tolerance is a great thing to have, so is the ability to shut up.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Awards Showcase

Never too late to drink to the fallen. - KevinVA Have another tetras for the new tank - steeler58 Have another tetra, you need more fish anyway :) - steeler58 Good advice on the Flame tetra, I can't rep you any more, so have a "cherry barb" - steeler58 Now you have 15! - Slaphppy7 
    T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Have a Cory!! - steeler58 Good Luck - pRED Sorry about the betta - Slaphppy7 to your next Betta - Fishhook 
    Bottoms up! - Slaphppy7 Chin-up - Cliff sorry for your loss. - cm12setx T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Enjoy the 4th my friend! - Taurus 
    Sharring my winnings - steeler58 Thanks for the rep :) - rebecca_finny for giving a catfish its first taste of human. - cm12setx pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie For being MOTM - steeler58 

3 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by cm12setx View Post
    Now thats quality father son time! +1 to you
    Thanks CM he always gets to take a nap on my chest on the weekends. He had just woken up when I took this picture.

Quote Originally Posted by darkmerlin21 View Post
    Oh, what a little cutie! You should be a very proud papa! So he's 9 mths or so now? That is the age when they start to get really mobile and they definitely keep you busy!
    Yup, crawling all over the place. He's my taste tester. There are tons of stuff on the floor I've half a mind to chew on but don't know if it is safe. I give it to him first cause he'll chew on anything. ;P

Quote Originally Posted by mommy1 View Post
    Oh, he's adorable. I bet he's a handful too, just has that mischievous look in his eye.
    Oh he is. He just looks at me and I know he's up to something devilish.

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by steeler58 View Post
    Very true they will fail in a tank that size and the ones that survive will have that wonderful "hump back" look.

Sorry I'm late to the party as usual these days, but before you make up your mind on the Chili rasbora ck out these little guys, they are on Kevin's list and in stock at TWS. Boraras urophthalmoides

These are also great fish. I have had 7 of them for about a year and a half now in a Spec V with tons of RCS. My LFS had ordered some chilis for me but this is what they received instead. So I decided to take them anyway. Got my chilis later for another tank.

Awards Showcase

poor baby.  here's your beer after your difficult week - fishmommie And here' the box of tissues I didn't use crying because I feel so bad for you :o) - fishmommie have a cyber-miller for 9,000 posts! - steeler58 have a cyber-miller for 9,000 posts! - steeler58 it has been a rough work week and it's 5'o clock somewhere - cm12setx 
    Because bunnies are good in threes. - KevinVA Oh Oh... they're multiplying!!! - fishmommie Back atcha! - KevinVA Back at you,  good sir! - Compass I'm glad somebody's keeping this "old tradition" alive :) - steeler58 
    Here's to the 4th and nose hair fiascos! - Taurus got otos - cm12setx otos -- yay - RiversGirl Oto - SeaLady Heres to getting the fish we like and the 4th of July wich was nice enough to be on a friday! - steeler58 
    Using some of my winnings on friends and you probably could use some coffee :) - steeler58 So very sorry :( - steeler58 TGIF! May the good Lord be with you and your family Matt. - Taurus Have a cyber-miller and forget about "trolls" first person I saw that did not like you, LOL!! - steeler58 pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady 

1 Not allowed!
    Those are very nice little fish!...so perky, LOL....I'll have to get Lauren to take a look at them

Collin is a very handsome little fellow, Rob!
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal

40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks Matt, I tend to think so. lol

Page 169 of 180 FirstFirst ... 69119159167168169170171179 ... LastLast