· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 132 of 210 FirstFirst ... 3282122130131132133134142182 ... LastLast
Results 1,311 to 1,320 of 2097

Awards Showcase

Thanks for playing - mommy1 for the nice gift - SeaLady After all that help I owe you a beer! - Richard Peche Thanks! - Plecos Some more halloween candy for killing zombies - mommy1 
    TGIF - steeler58 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 More candy for your candy bag - mommy1 Your candy bag is getting full. - mommy1 Thank you for playing all the games! I appreciate the support - mommy1 
    Congrats on 5000th post! - Plecos Here's to 5,000 posts :) - steeler58 Thanks for scouting--have a snack on me. - WhistlingBadger Have some pumpkin pie - mommy1 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    TGIF! - showmebutterfly Thanks So Much. - metweezer T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 TGIF and it's good to see you back. - Taurus T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by FrozenTundra View Post
    man that is alot of snails, that would definitely explain your massive ph drop
    You want some? I know a guy.
    Increasing your biodiversity increases your stability.

You know what this tank needs? ........................ Crypts.

Awards Showcase

My first gift goes to you, hope you like the rummy nose :) - fish gazer Thanks so much. - metweezer here's to 14,000 posts :) - steeler58 For a Super-good idea! - Rue TGIF back at you :) - steeler58 
    TGIF!! - steeler58 TGIF!! - steeler58 TGIF indeed - RiversGirl TGIF back at you! - Taurus TGIF back to you! - wgoldfarb 
    TGIF - Taurus right back at cha! - fishmommie TGIF back at you :) - steeler58 Happy B Day! - Taurus Which leaves on to ask which came first the cake or the beer! - Taurus 
    Happy B-day buddy! - steeler58 Happy 51st...and many more! - Rue Congrats on your cycle!! - RiversGirl thanks - fishmommie Have a Cory for passing 15,000 post's; WOW!! - steeler58 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady 

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by mommy1 View Post
    0 - 4 dH, 0 - 70 ppm : very soft
    4 - 8 dH, 70 - 140 ppm : soft
    8 - 12 dH, 140 - 210 ppm : medium hard
    12 - 18 dH, 210 - 320 ppm : fairly hard
    18 - 30 dH, 320 - 530 ppm : hard
    higher : liquid rock

That is taken from http://www.cs.duke.edu/~narten/faq/chemistry.html

Tap = 102 soft
    40B Tank = 150 medium hard
    10 Gallon Tank = 138 soft

I think you should calibrate your meter.
    OK I got the solution today and calibrated the meter:

Tap = 113

10 gallon = 142
    40 gallon = 144

Still make no sense to me
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal

40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal

3 Not allowed!
    Well, looks to me like you have soft water out of the tap and border line soft-medium hard in the tank which makes sense due to mineral build up. Your measurements are in ppm, correct? You must have soft to medium hard water Matt or your Rummy Nose tetra wouldn't be doing so well.

Maybe this will help? http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2004-04/rhf/feature/index.php

Last edited by Taurus; 05-12-2014 at 09:09 PM.
    When in doubt, do a water change.

"This ain't rocket science!"

Awards Showcase

My first gift goes to you, hope you like the rummy nose :) - fish gazer Thanks so much. - metweezer here's to 14,000 posts :) - steeler58 For a Super-good idea! - Rue TGIF back at you :) - steeler58 
    TGIF!! - steeler58 TGIF!! - steeler58 TGIF indeed - RiversGirl TGIF back at you! - Taurus TGIF back to you! - wgoldfarb 
    TGIF - Taurus right back at cha! - fishmommie TGIF back at you :) - steeler58 Happy B Day! - Taurus Which leaves on to ask which came first the cake or the beer! - Taurus 
    Happy B-day buddy! - steeler58 Happy 51st...and many more! - Rue Congrats on your cycle!! - RiversGirl thanks - fishmommie Have a Cory for passing 15,000 post's; WOW!! - steeler58 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady 

0 Not allowed!
    I can tell you right now our tap water is on the hard side. I can't stand taking a shower in hotels where the water is so soft, if feels like you'll never get the soap off, lol.

Thanks for that link. I requested a Water Quality Report from the city today, and I should have it tomorrow. It will be last year's results, because this year's won't come out until late summer, nut better than nothing.

I am really curious to see what it says.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaphppy7 View Post
    I can tell you right now our tap water is on the hard side.
    Matt, do you get any mineral deposits around the rim of your tanks or on the filter intakes? If you happen to get a few drops of water on the glass canopy, do it leave a mineral mark when it drys?

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    No, not really...I mean there's stuff on the canopy when I take it off to do PWC's, but it wipes right off with a wet rag

Check this, I used the TDS meter to check my well water yesterday...607 ppm!!!...is that even possible??

I calibrated the meter best I could 2 times yesterday...I hope I get the city water quality report today, like they promised

Awards Showcase

Can't give you any more rep, but well said! - steeler58 Thank again!! You seem to enjoy your coffee. - steeler58 Thanks for the rep!! - Compass this doesnt look like pie... not the right kind.. - Sandz for providing solid guidance to others - RiversGirl 
    Thanks for the rep! :) - Compass cheers - Fishhook Using up my winnings on my friends! - Compass No Message - Fishhook beeeeeeeer! - Sandz 
    Bottoms up! (even though you don't drink, lol) - Slaphppy7 We miss you... - Compass thank you for the filter! - RiversGirl for the fun game! - SeaLady Thank you very very much!! - Compass 
    Love the games. Thank you :) - rebecca_finny TGIF! - showmebutterfly Thanks for your help & points. - metweezer Nice to see you around again. enjoy the pie - fishmommie Thanks! :) I try! - Compass 

0 Not allowed!
    I'm pretty sure 607ppm qualifies as liquid rock.
    When I go fishing I just place a sharp rock in the water and sit there waiting for all the dead fish to float to the top... Kingfisher
    Brutal honesty will be shown on this screen.
    I think my fish is adjusting well to the four gallon, He's laying on his side attempting to go to sleep on the bottom of the gravel.
    Tolerance is a great thing to have, so is the ability to shut up.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Awards Showcase

Thanks for playing - mommy1 for the nice gift - SeaLady After all that help I owe you a beer! - Richard Peche Thanks! - Plecos Some more halloween candy for killing zombies - mommy1 
    TGIF - steeler58 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 More candy for your candy bag - mommy1 Your candy bag is getting full. - mommy1 Thank you for playing all the games! I appreciate the support - mommy1 
    Congrats on 5000th post! - Plecos Here's to 5,000 posts :) - steeler58 Thanks for scouting--have a snack on me. - WhistlingBadger Have some pumpkin pie - mommy1 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    TGIF! - showmebutterfly Thanks So Much. - metweezer T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 TGIF and it's good to see you back. - Taurus T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 

1 Not allowed!
    Holy crap!!! 607? What do you have in that well, lava? You are right though, those readings don't make sense because you would think that the 10 gallon would be rather low. Not on par with the 40. However as I type this it could have gone back up due to your water changes bringing the hardness back up faster than the snails can consume it. Though you would think it would also bring your PH back up.
    Increasing your biodiversity increases your stability.

You know what this tank needs? ........................ Crypts.

1 Not allowed!
    Matt, I'm confused. If you have a well and use well water in your tank, what good is the city water report? And I'm not saying it's impossible, but your rummys look awfully happy to be living in liquid rock. Man, I can see why you're justifiably confused.

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by mommy1 View Post
    I'm pretty sure 607ppm qualifies as liquid rock.
    I've been seeing "liquid rock" mentioned on the charts...what the heck is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Compass View Post
    Holy crap!!! 607? What do you have in that well, lava? You are right though, those readings don't make sense because you would think that the 10 gallon would be rather low. Not on par with the 40. However as I type this it could have gone back up due to your water changes bringing the hardness back up faster than the snails can consume it. Though you would think it would also bring your PH back up.
    The ph IS coming back up, but geez....I mean the skull and shells should be helping, but come on...

Quote Originally Posted by Taurus View Post
    Matt, I'm confused. If you have a well and use well water in your tank, what good is the city water report? And I'm not saying it's impossible, but your rummys look awfully happy to be living in liquid rock. Man, I can see why you're justifiably confused.
    LOL...heck no I don't use the well water in my tanks!....about the ONLY thing I use it for is to water the lawn, wash off the mower, etc., I don't even use it to wash the cars, too sandy...you ought to see the residue THAT water leaves on stuff

Page 132 of 210 FirstFirst ... 3282122130131132133134142182 ... LastLast