Hello to all,
I am new to this site and forum, so please forgive any lack of knowlege about the forums...My daughter saved her money and bought a new 10 gallon aquarium from Petco...I must admit, I did not help with the set-up...she was so excited to get it ready for fish, she set it up herself from the directions given....it uses a Whisper power filter and recently we added an aerator (not sure what kind)...

She bought some mollies and tetras, a sucker fish and some snails, and 2 plants....and all was fine for a week or two...then the water started to cloud, and her mother changed out the filter cartridge a time or two to help clear the water...now I'm reading on the site about "cycling" the water, and I believe we are doing this wrong or not at all, as the fish are dying off quickly...

I guess what I'm asking is maybe one of the members here can point me in the right direction, via links within or without this forum, to very basic information for beginners on setting up and maintaining a 10 gallon tank....

Any help greatly appreciated,

Matt