· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: R/C Submarine

1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I personally dont see the harm in it. if you notice in my vid the bettas are checking it out. yah the rummys are schooling a little but I kinda play with them all the time by moving my hand back and forth in front of the tank while they follow. For the most part the fish are just lingering around wondering what it is. It isnt like someone were actually able to control the sub enough to chase the fish around constantly. Plus the battery only lasts about 10 mins at a time and takes longer to charge.

31 Gallon Hagen Waterhome with 2 x 20W T8 6700K Life Glo tubes, Fluval 205 canister filter, Aquaclear 200W and Marineland Stealth 150W heaters, Hydor Hydrokable 50W substrate heating cable with Hydrostat thermostat, Hydor Ario 2 Blue aeration night light. Compressed CO2. Very Heavily Planted.

58 Gallon Hagen Light-Glo/Waterhome with 2x40W T8, 2x Fluval 404/405 canisters filters, Ebo-Jager 250W Heater, Marineland Stealth Pro 300W heater. Compressed CO2. Moderately planted.

0 Not allowed!
    Tanked is such a polarizing topic on the forums...lots of old threads that talk about it. I do worry about the stress of the fish, but you don't know until you try... What of they simply aren't bothered by the sub?
    Not personally for me, but if you could attach a tiny video camera to the front of the sub, you've got a different story there. Your tank from the perspective of a fish.
    ~Manna
    10 gallon live planted aquarium with 6 neons
    90 gallon fw community in progress

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Yeah to capture video would be an added bonus. I do not plan on chasing the fish around with this sub. In all honesty I can't see it any worse then when I stick my hand in the tank to move something - of course the sub would be much smaller and not have a huge trailing arm.
    25 Gal - Tropical
    Custom made Wet/Dry/Sump Filter System, AquaClear 20 Powerhead, RenaCal Excel 300 Heater, artificial plants
    Fish - 8 Blackskirt Tetras, 4 Red Wag Platy's, Silver Hatchet, German Blue Ram, Bulldog Pleco, Assassin snail.
    "Plans go wrong for lack of advice; many advisers bring success." King Solomon.
    Pictures of my 10 Gal Sump Filtration project

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardy85 View Post
    However... I do feel that it would be ok as long as you weren't chasing the fish etc with it. I think they'd treat it like anything else in the tank.
    Most definitely would not be chasing the fish around the tank. Now if they would like to chase the sub that would be fun. I'm very much still researching and looking for the right sub. I see many of the subs in videos on Youtube being to fast, I don't need something that will shoot across the tank in less than 2 seconds. Slow and easy I think would be fun.
    25 Gal - Tropical
    Custom made Wet/Dry/Sump Filter System, AquaClear 20 Powerhead, RenaCal Excel 300 Heater, artificial plants
    Fish - 8 Blackskirt Tetras, 4 Red Wag Platy's, Silver Hatchet, German Blue Ram, Bulldog Pleco, Assassin snail.
    "Plans go wrong for lack of advice; many advisers bring success." King Solomon.
    Pictures of my 10 Gal Sump Filtration project