· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: R/C Submarine

0 Not allowed!
    That diving submarine amazon link is not a good idea. It uses baking soda which will screw up your water chemistry.
    <-- Click for journals
    "There is no right way to do the wrong thing." - KingFisher "Only bad things happen fast in this hobby" - Cliff

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeonflame View Post
    That diving submarine amazon link is not a good idea. It uses baking soda which will screw up your water chemistry.
    +1 This would not be a fun journey for your fish at all.
    Gas mileage isn't everything OIIIIIIIO
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.
    Why pretend there are no stupid questions? Actually, There are many stupid questions: "Should I drink this bleach?" Is just one example.
    Having said that, Just because it's a stupid question doesn't mean that it shouldn't be asked. It's better to know.

A warm beer is better than a cold beer. Because nothing is better than a cold beer, and a warm beer is better than nothing.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I agree that the sub wouldn't be a good idea. I've seen a view episodes of Tanked and they generally build tanks that aren't good for the fish and are solely for display with little thought for the fish.
    20 gallon tall: empty
    29 gallon: moderately planted with 9 bloodfin tetra, 1 german blue ram, 11 glow light tetra and 1 BNP
    10 gallon QT: empty

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Greentoads41 View Post
    Haha I can totally see the fun! But I think it depends on the temperament of the fish in the tank as well as tank size. Like jaysee said with the 90 gallon with rainbows, it didn't seem to cause much stress. I say it is really up to you, but always always always keep the fish in mind :)
    Yes, it was a lot of fun. The fish were not stressed by it - they were very interested in it.

As a side note - like with anything else, fish can be conditioned to accept things. One could certainly ease into a full on exploration in time, rather than chasing the fish around the first time it's introduced. Like with anything, it's not what, but rather how...

0 Not allowed!
    Tanked... of course... forum house rules unfortunately do not let me post my opinion of that show.

If you want to stick electronics in your tank why not mount a gopro hero3 in it?

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    +1 to a gopro, those are great. Much safer than a sub too

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by talldutchie View Post
    Tanked... of course... forum house rules unfortunately do not let me post my opinion of that show.

If you want to stick electronics in your tank why not mount a gopro hero3 in it?
    I too felt that the sub was a bad idea, especially with children in control. The guys on the show don't seem to typically care of the long term health of the fish in smaller tanks, but the larger tanks they usually seem to consider the stock correctly. Gotta remember it is all driven by the customer's wants. I think the small tanks they do are horrible, but love the huge ones.

But hey, its better than shows like jersey shore lol

However... I do feel that it would be ok as long as you weren't chasing the fish etc with it. I think they'd treat it like anything else in the tank.

0 Not allowed!
    Jersey shore is, fortunately, not exported to this country as far as I know.

In my opinion it's in the smaller tanks that you can see the true skill of an aquarium designer.

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    From my experience in the world of R/C, this is what you want. =)
    http://www.towerhobbies.com/products.../ttrb5220.html

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvette73 View Post
    From my experience in the world of R/C, this is what you want. =)
    http://www.towerhobbies.com/products.../ttrb5220.html
    I'm sure that's a mighty fine submarine (for $650), but at 30"x11", it probably can't turn around in the tank.

This is more along the lines of what they would want, I think. It's the one I had - worked well, both times. Hopefully mine was just a dud.

http://www.amazon.com/Electric-Radio...trol+submarine

I don't watch tanked, so I don't know to what people are referring. That being said, I agree that it's better than the Jersey shore.