· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    You should be fine with two 125s IMO relative to your ambient temp, I have 2 250s on my 150 gal and they heat to 84 degrees pretty nicely. I had the same annoying issue with the red arrow and blue dial on mines, just ended up being an issue with not enough flow around the heater.

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks for that,

I played with it for around an hour last night trying to find the temperature it recognizes so it'll shut off.
    Finally found 75deg is the magical temperature-with the red arrow at 78-keeps unit off.

so i'll see how that goes for a while-can't believe that the heater is reading a 5deg difference though! they claim to be more "accurate"

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Why take a chance on a defective heater. I had one malfunction in the middle of the night and woke up to parboiled fish. Lost everything except one albino cory. I was so discusted, I put the tank away for years. Just now getting it out again.

Hope it works out well for you.
    Use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without

Awards Showcase

Happy Christmas - MuckyFish thanks for advising on vegetables for my kribs! so here is a discus - ScottishFish You help a lot - PhillipOrigami For the bank account, and thx for the rep - Cliff beautiful discus! - Crispy 
    I know this doesn't help but it's all I can do! - chrisfraser05 for all the wise advice you've given me - fishmommie Congrats on 2000th post! - andreahp Merry Christmas! - fishmommie Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    Thanks for the rep :-) - ~firefly~ appreciate it. - fishmommie Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾̃̾)۶ - korith For all the good advice you give. - ~firefly~ 
    Thanks for the rep the other day - Cliff thanks for the rep points.  appreciate it - fishmommie happy friday! - mojosodope Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ Thanks for the rep! - steeler1 

0 Not allowed!
    Two 125 watts are at the low end for a 125 tank (2 - 3 watts/gal and many say 2.5 watts/gal); best to be a little over for times it may be required to heat the tank to higher levels for treatments. That said, if you live where it is generally warm or keep your house rather warm, then this wattage will be fine. I agree with Vreugy - get a new heater and get rid of the defective heater - it is a accident ready to happen.

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vreugy View Post
    Why take a chance on a defective heater. I had one malfunction in the middle of the night and woke up to parboiled fish. Lost everything except one albino cory. I was so discusted, I put the tank away for years. Just now getting it out again.

Hope it works out well for you.
    Inaccurate =/= defective

Mine is, and has been for several years, about 8 degrees off, but once I dialed it in properly it's been extremely consistent and has given me no problems. Now if the heater is properly calibrated and still giving problems, then it can be considered defective.

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I agree with Funkman on this one-sorry.

But I'm going to ride this out for a few days and see how the temperature holds at this setting. If the calibration is just off, but holds a constant temperature, then I can live with that.

If it acts up and goes up and down outside my comfort level-then yes, i'll explore getting new heater

@Cermet-my tank is 45gallons-I want 2 heaters to help distribute the heat better and in case one fails-so I figured 2x125 would be more than enough?