· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

Smile Just saying thanks to everybody!

0 Not allowed!
    Hello everybody!
    I just wanted to say thanks to everybody for helping me and everybody else who gets on this site with their questions and problems. I also want to give a special thanks to the site moderators for keeping this site going for everybody!
    Some usernames that I think are worth mentioning are:
    Lady Hobbs
    Dave66
    Aeonflame
    steeler1
    Kingfisher
    madagascariensis
    talldutchie
    mizzoutank

I am sure that there are others who are worth special mention, but I am afraid that since I haven't been a member very long I haven't yet been able to see everybody around on the forum.

Thank you all for your help,
    buddytrooper
    Last edited by buddytrooper; 04-01-2013 at 12:12 AM.
    10 Gallon Tank: 8 corydoras harbrosus, 10 ember tetras

If you don't go with the times you are gone with the times...

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks. I appreciate that! You are probably the first person here to ever have fully spelt out my forum name...

0 Not allowed!
    Yeah, well to be honest, I had to go back and look at other posts to spell out your name correctly. :) And you deserve the thanks. I can look around the forum and will see you and the others I mentioned (and a few more people) helping people with any problem, or answering any question. You all have truly made this forum, and site, wonderful.
    ~buddytrooper

0 Not allowed!
    I hope you hang around, Buddy. It's nice to see someone showing some real gratitude. The people here work hard to help people who need it!

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ameliaaahx View Post
    I hope you hang around, Buddy. It's nice to see someone showing some real gratitude. The people here work hard to help people who need it!
    I second that.

You doing research and asking all the right questions means:
    You care,
    You're smart
    You'll be really good at keeping fish
    You'll be great on this forum.

We are glad to help and are thankful for nice people
    (sometimes we get a bit tired of the I have a full grown oscar in a 20gallon-whats wrong? type of questons. LOL)

Awards Showcase

...and thank you for the gift - mommy1 YOU have no Rummys?!! for you!! - SeaLady A round for the fallen this Memorial Day weekend. - Compass I don't like to drink alone..... Cheers - Cliff because they rock! and for showing them to me. - cm12setx 
    Here's to retirement! - Slaphppy7 Thanks for the videos and great advice on restocking my dual 29s! - gronlaura for tirelessly showing beautiful, various fish - RiversGirl T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 TGIF on the 13th with a full moon. - Taurus 
    Spurs! - RiversGirl Here's a get well soon beer, so get well ASAP. - Taurus T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 feelin your pain - SeaLady Using up my winnings on my friends! - Compass 
    Beer reduces kidney stones! - Sandz T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Thx. Have another on me! - pRED Enjoy the 4th brother :-) - Taurus Bleeding blues! - RiversGirl 
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler1 Childhood Cancer - steeler1 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - steeler1 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 

0 Not allowed!
    Your very welcome, I hope you will continue to enjoy your time here.
    Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
    Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.
    -Vince Lombardi

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ― John Wooden
    Sandy Hook Elementary......Lest We Forget
    See my profile for my tanks and what fish I keep

0 Not allowed!
    Thank you for the compliments, but I think that I'm doing nothing special by researching and asking questions. I think that everybody should do that before they get any fish. Even fish that people say are easy to take care of like Bettas and Goldfish. (I hate seeing goldfish in tiny bowls that limit their size, health, and happiness.)
    ~buddytrooper

Awards Showcase

T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Happy Drink Like a Viking Friday! - KevinVA Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 Thanks for the help and advice - Slaphppy7 My turn to buy - fishmommie 
    It's EOTW Beer Time! - KevinVA Nobody likes to drinl alone :) - steeler58 Back at you,  good sir! - Compass Here's to Lee's 5000 and Guava Flavored Whiskey! - Taurus Why drink alone, when a Sandz is nearby? - KevinVA 
    Sorry to hear of your loss, it always sucks to lose fish. - mommy1 Wish it was a real one, sorry for your loses :( - steeler58 So sorry about your fish! - SeaLady Here is pie. - mommy1 for the one you lost :o( - fishmommie 
    No Message - Fishhook Bottoms up! - Slaphppy7 Thanks, this one is on me - mommy1 Here's to 4,000 posts :) - steeler58 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 

0 Not allowed!
    Madagascarensis - Can I just call you Maddy?

Buddy - You have to understand, you ARE doing something special. The concept of keeping fish is such an old hobby that most people take for granted that these fish have needs and specific care instructions that go beyond "Put the goldfish in the bowl". Caring and learning are things we here consider VERY special.
    FW: 1 45gal, 1 40gal, 3 10gal, 3 30gal all community tanks of different species
    Sw: 1 55gal, 1 30gal show, 1 29gal show, 1 20gal and 2 10's

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas Douglas - Taurus Please enjoy this holiday hog! - Trillianne Have a super christmas! - Aeonflame Congrats on 1 year! - andreahp Congrats on 1 year! - jeffs99dime 
    Happy One-Year! - Rue Happy New Year! - ~firefly~ Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 No Message - 850R Now THAT was a nice quiet beer... But now that we have had another... Let's go break stuff!! :-P - 850R 
    Thanks for the rep/compliments! - mojosodope Thanks for the rep the other day, cheers - Cliff ...they go with snow, right? - ~firefly~ Thanks for the rep the other day - Cliff Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas - mommy1 Merry Christmas - KingFisher Happy New Year - mommy1 Thanks! - pRED 

0 Not allowed!
    A great list of names there!!

Unfortunately I havent seen Dave66 be online from April Last year :( fingers crossed he comes back, his primers are excellent!!
    My therapist says I need a bigger tank . . . . .

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Yeah, I haven't actually seen dave66 on at all, but I have read his old posts (very helpful). Also... thank you Sandz! I take research for fish/aquariums very seriously. I really do hate to ever see a Goldfish in a fish bowl or a betta in something no bigger than a drinking cup >:l. I know people who do this mean no harm... but still...
    ~buddytrooper

P.S.
    I forgot to wish everybody a happy Easter yesterday, so... happy post-Easter! :)
    Last edited by buddytrooper; 04-01-2013 at 09:05 PM.