· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Cory?

1. Default Best Cory?

0 Not allowed!
    I'm looking into purchasing 10 corys after I get my 75g. What's the best cory in your opinion? Peppered? Panda? Albino?

Along with the ten corys, the 75g will have 10 Ototcinclus & 20 Green Tetras.

So far I'm going with 10 albino corys. Suggestions?
    10 Gallon: 5 Peppered Corys | Pool Filter Sand | x2 AquaTech 5-15 Power Filter | 2 plastic plants

0 Not allowed!
    Most cories commonly found in the pet trade are similar in care requirements. In this case it is more up to personal taste. However, if you want an opinion, out of the 3 you named, I would go with panda cories. Not too big (peppered) nor marked with the unnatural look of the albinos.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Okay then. As long as the experts here say it will look better. I also agree with the albino unnatural look now. Thanks.
    10 Gallon: 5 Peppered Corys | Pool Filter Sand | x2 AquaTech 5-15 Power Filter | 2 plastic plants

0 Not allowed!
    Hey, bottom line is its your tank and what pleases your eye should be what you stock! Have you looked around for other species of Cory yet? There are plenty more that are relatively common in the pet trade.

0 Not allowed!
    I have peppered and sterbai cories. Whilst the sterbais are arguably the best looking they are very shy. So really I prefer the peppereds. They are always out and about. Very endearing!
    "Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." Carl Sagan
    ~ My 350 Litre Tank Journal ~

0 Not allowed!
    I agree with firefly~I've had peppered for years, fat happy bunch of fish they are. Only my experience with these, never had a school of any others though I'd like to have other tanks of other kinds of cories...

I've noticed they're staying in the pricey range (+$5) at the local petsmart...been that way for over a year now..used to be less for these than others.
    29: Harlequin Raspboras, Zebra Danios, Black Skirt Tetras, Platies, CAE
    10: Neons, Otos, Amano Shrimp, Ghost Shrimp

Awards Showcase

TGIF on the 13th with a full moon. - Taurus Spurs! - RiversGirl Here's a get well soon beer, so get well ASAP. - Taurus T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 feelin your pain - SeaLady 
    Using up my winnings on my friends! - Compass Beer reduces kidney stones! - Sandz T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Thx. Have another on me! - pRED Enjoy the 4th brother :-) - Taurus 
    Bleeding blues! - RiversGirl TGIF and here's to the bleeding blues Lee. - Taurus This one's on me.... - Slaphppy7 pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie Congrats on 30th anniversary, Lee - SeaLady 
    the Bleeding blue makes an appearance at last! - RiversGirl And one for you for as well. :) - Compass T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 To new fishies and gambling addictions! lol - Compass Good to see your still at it. - Strider199 
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler1 Childhood Cancer - steeler1 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - steeler1 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 

0 Not allowed!
    Peppered are probably the most hardy Cory also.
    Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
    Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.
    -Vince Lombardi

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ― John Wooden
    Sandy Hook Elementary......Lest We Forget
    See my profile for my tanks and what fish I keep

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I have some three-lined corys in my tank. I love them! They are so cute, and I really love the pattern on their heads, looks like a maze! And the
    y are like fingerprints, no two have the same markings :)
    I also love the look of pandas :)
    Corys are probably my favourite fish right now

Default Best Cory?

0 Not allowed!
    I'd go with loaches. I think anyone that's kept both loaches and corys would agree that Corys have nothing on them.
    125 - big fish - BGK
    125 - cichlid community - cichlids (red severums, chanchitos, bolivian rams, blue acara, chocolate), rainbows (yellow, turquoise, red and boesmani), loaches (angelicus, zebra, kuhli and horseface), plecos (BN, RL and clown), denison barbs, pearl gouramis, golden wonder killis
    90 - african community - Congo tetras, african knife, african butterflies, spotted ctenopoma, palmas bichir, african featherfin
    10 - female pink convict
    5 - betta/ADFs

QTs - 2x29, 20H, 20L

0 Not allowed!
    I think Loaches would be a little tough on the otos IME. And for a peaceful tank, like it sounds you're going for, I'd go cories.

I personally vote Pandas. I have owned Peppereds, Sterbais and False Julii/Three-Lined cories. I found the Peppers quite innactive and didn't do a lot, and the Sterbais very shy. The pandas are my favourites by far, in appearance and personality. They are very active and always in sight. I also really like the False Juliis/Three-Lined but they were a little more shy IME.