· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

0 Not allowed!
    I'm definitely going to go with one of the finnex lights. I love those pictures of your tank. It looks awesome.

I just am still torn between the Fugeray and the Ray 2. I know you said it will put me right on the edge Genocidex, but I'm starting to think that getting the Ray2 will force me into CO2 immediately, which I don't feel prepared for. Looking at these charts http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=189944 the Ray 2 between 43 and 50 PAR which is on the high end of medium lighting. The Fugeray will put me between 31 and 34 PAR which would be on the low end of medium lighting.

That being said, I still have those couple of inches above the tank to work with and these measurements were taken through air, not water. How much of a difference do you think that makes?
    ~Manna
    10 gallon live planted aquarium with 6 neons
    90 gallon fw community in progress

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks! it was a great surprise to find an led at that price and brightness.

will you be using a glass lid?

because when I travel for work-i throw on a lid to help w/ evaporation and that cuts the par down drastically. very very visible difference.

if you have space to play with-you could always raise the lights even higher and try and hit that upper 30/low 40 par range which seems to be good medium lighting?

but the measurements between air and water won't make much of a difference at all. with my best knowledge on lighting/optics (which was a course a long time ago. lol) you'd be hard pressed to have a difference more than a few par between the readings of air/water.

0 Not allowed!
    I bought this tank used and it came with a glass lid, but I don't need to use it. I was going to, just in case I got a fish that tried to jump, but with the hood just five inches above it, they would have to jump just the right way to make it out.

The glass lid is in four panes, each six inches wide and 2 feet long. So when you put them on the tank, if you scoot them all forward, it leaves about six inches uncovered for hoses, cords and hob filters. If, instead, I put one pane against the front and one mostly against the back, then there would be about six inches open right down the center of the tank where the light would sit.

Maybe I should just get the Ray2 if the glass makes that much difference in the PAR. Then I won't have to buy a different light if I decide to go high tech. Decisions....decisions...
    ~Manna

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    That site you posted is full of Viruses there Crunchyleaf.

Had me about locked up there.
    Jeff

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Reef12,

All the links posted on this thread are safe.

there is nothing wrong with amazon/plantedtank forum or aquatraders websites.

0 Not allowed!
    Sounds like your computer might have some virus issues Reef. Never had a problem with planted tank or amazon myself.
    ~Manna