· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Inside the canopy it's about 19-1/2" by 4" by 1-7/8".

As far as you having "no sense of scale"... that's awesome because that's exactly what I'm trying to acheive with this. I want it to look like someone shrunk a massive tank...

And yes, the plan is to put all the "equipment" in the sump.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by SomethingIsFishy View Post
    Inside the canopy it's about 19-1/2" by 4" by 1-7/8".

As far as you having "no sense of scale"... that's awesome because that's exactly what I'm trying to acheive with this. I want it to look like someone shrunk a massive tank...
    I know. That's the thing I really like about this project and why I think you should go easy on the trim. Some trim to cover the tank bottom you can see trough the sides now would amplify that a bit.

Let me ponder this... I'll get back to you

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Very interesting. Love to see how it turns out. I don't recall seeing dimensions, how much water will this tank alone hold? That would be an awesome desktop tank. I can see attaching a sign to a corner that reads, "My other tank looks just like this - only it contains 90 gallons of water." or something like that.
    25 Gal - Tropical
    Custom made Wet/Dry/Sump Filter System, AquaClear 20 Powerhead, RenaCal Excel 300 Heater, artificial plants
    Fish - 5 Blackskirt Tetras, 8 Red Wag Platy's, 2 Silver Hatchet's, German Blue Ram, Bulldog Pleco, assassin snail.
    "Plans go wrong for lack of advice; many advisers bring success." King Solomon.
    Pictures of my 10 Gal Sump Filtration project

0 Not allowed!
    http://amzn.com/B00325575S seems interesting. Not sure if the spread is even enough. Could be that heat is a concern but I don't think so. http://amzn.com/B007URFALU seems even more attractive. I'd try to get in touch with that company and see what they recommend. Play it right and they should be very helpful.
    http://www.finnex.net/

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Ijankrom- 1.34 gallons!

Talldutchie- Thanks!! I will have to look into those...

0 Not allowed!
    On second thought.. perhaps a medium light kit like the fugeray would be better. Forgot how shallow this is. Annoying, I know imperial but I think in metric.

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Yeah... double bright would probably be more like inches-from-the-sun bright on this little tank!! LOL!!

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    101_1813_zpsa6754ae2.jpg

Using black sand for the substrate. I know I will have to add fertilizer to it, but any plant substrate would ruin the scale in this tank. Don't want it to look like golf ball sized substrate...

I know I am very limited in fauna due to the size of this tank... fish are definitely a no-go, shrimp are debateable in a tank this small, and I can't think of anything that wouldn't look grossly out of scale. All that to say this: I think this is going to be a plants-only tank. With that in mind do I even need a filter??

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Xmas You Filthy Animal!! - Hardy85 Merry Christmas buddy! - KevinVA Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7 
    Merry Christmas Sandz! - Taurus Happy birthday buddy! - KevinVA Happy B-day!! - steeler1 Happy Bday bud!!! - Hardy85 Have a little cake and ..... - fishmommie 
    .... beer.  Hope it was a good one. - fishmommie Happy Birthday!  Enjoy! - jeffs99dime I'll drink to that! - steeler1 Enjoy! - Hardy85 This one's on me... - Slaphppy7 
    Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Here's to good friends, and new fish! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Happy Drink Like a Viking Friday! - KevinVA 

0 Not allowed!
    Dwarf baby tears as a carpet? They would look like 4 leaf clovers in the tank lol. Maybe some petite annubias nana. The plant options are soooo limited...
    FW: 1 45gal, 1 40gal, 3 10gal, 3 30gal all community tanks of different species
    Sw: 1 55gal, 1 30gal show, 1 29gal show, 1 20gal and 2 10's