· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

Hybrid View

1. Default Finally have my new betta

0 Not allowed!
    I bought my first Betta in years. He is a very tiny Crowntail. Hard to tell the body color, dark, but his fins are deep red. Named him Robbie. The nice young man that checked me out was named Robbie. Put him in the 5 gallon cycled tank. Think there are too many guppies in it. Some of the younger ones are just to interested in him. I have a 5 gallon "plant holding" tank that I will put a lot of them in. Also put two new assassins and some "trash" snails. I love snails and hope to have some in my 20g when (and if) I ever get it set up.

Sure going to be fun watching Robbie grow up.

Awards Showcase

am sure I deserve a few of these... lol - Cyberra Thanks for sharing your X-stitch fish pillow project! - Aminax for being prone to computer problems - Cyberra happy birthday to me... August 29th - Cyberra earned ANOTHER one... siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh - Cyberra 
    I dub thee official greeter to the forum! - korith Happy Belated One Year AC Anniversary! - Rue You need another betta! - Pleco380 it birtha the birthday betta XD - genocidex A birthday betta for you. - mermaidwannabe 
    You need a popsicle after wheelbarrow races! haha - escamosa Where there's plows, there's piggies! :) - escamosa You need some grapes, 'cause they were mentioned in the riddle! haha - escamosa to congratulate you on 2 years! - andreahp Here's one Christmas present! - Rue 
    I'm sorry I couldn't ship you one!! Forgive me! - bethyMT ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾̃̾)۶ - korith this might help numb your lips lol - Gogi For being awesome and bringing me here. :) - Flyby Stardancer We need to get you up so you have as many bettas as you do in RL. ;) - Flyby Stardancer 

0 Not allowed!
    Bettas and guppies are not a good combination. The guppies might nip his fins or pester him, and bettas do not like other fish with long flowing fins sharing their space. There might be trouble in that tank in the future.

The probability of being watched is directly proportional to the stupidity of the act

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    That's why the guppies are now in the plant holding tank. Can't have my Robbie picked on. He's so cute.

This morning, he was eating good. Just swimming around surveying his new kingdom. It is going to be so much fun watching him develope into his full glory.

He is so tiny, I didn't even leave a newborn guppy in his tank. Can't have him choking.

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    congratulations on your new betta. sounds like you have things well in hand. he's a lucky fish. i recently brought a crown tail home myself - his name is Raylan - because he's got a lot of flash and swagger like Raylan Gibbons on Justified. :o). His body is midnight blue, his dorsal fins are powder blue and all other fins are crimson red. he's gorgeous. He isn't as small as yours but he was a little guy so I'm hoping he's not more than a year old. we'll see.
    Good luck with Robbie
    30 g FW planted:corys, ABNP, blue angel, harleys, zebra danios, pair kribs, & nerite snails
    15 g FW planted: crown tail betta, neons, snails
    90 g FW semi planted: EBJD, congos, apple snails
    90 Gal Journal: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=93939
    Fishless cycling: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ead.php?t=5640
    Cycling with fish: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=36492

Awards Showcase

am sure I deserve a few of these... lol - Cyberra Thanks for sharing your X-stitch fish pillow project! - Aminax for being prone to computer problems - Cyberra happy birthday to me... August 29th - Cyberra earned ANOTHER one... siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh - Cyberra 
    I dub thee official greeter to the forum! - korith Happy Belated One Year AC Anniversary! - Rue You need another betta! - Pleco380 it birtha the birthday betta XD - genocidex A birthday betta for you. - mermaidwannabe 
    You need a popsicle after wheelbarrow races! haha - escamosa Where there's plows, there's piggies! :) - escamosa You need some grapes, 'cause they were mentioned in the riddle! haha - escamosa to congratulate you on 2 years! - andreahp Here's one Christmas present! - Rue 
    I'm sorry I couldn't ship you one!! Forgive me! - bethyMT ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾̃̾)۶ - korith this might help numb your lips lol - Gogi For being awesome and bringing me here. :) - Flyby Stardancer We need to get you up so you have as many bettas as you do in RL. ;) - Flyby Stardancer 

0 Not allowed!
    Taking out the guppies will keep your betta from being pestered, keep him from choking on the fry, and prevent a lot of shredded guppies when the betta gets bigger *nods* Best of luck with your new betta ^_^

The probability of being watched is directly proportional to the stupidity of the act

0 Not allowed!
    enjoy your new Betta, good luck with him!
    2 10 gallon tanks, 1 20 gallon tank, 1 Fluval Edge, 1 29 gallon tank, and one backyard pond.

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Yes, the guppies were much to interested in him. He didn't seem to be concerned about them, but I wasn't about to take the chance.

The guppies are as happy as clams in the plant holding tank. Lots of stuff to nibble on in there. They are only feeder gupppies and don't have long tails and fins, but no sense in him getting the taste for them just to have them taken away.

It will be so much fun to watch him grow.

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Boy, Raylan sounds like a beauty. Don't think I have seen one colored like Raylan. Robbie seems to have a red body with a light midstripe. He's still so small it's hard to tell.

Can you post a picture of him? I haven't mastered it yet. Besides, he is so tiny, I don't know if I can get a clear picture of him. I will try and maybe I will have good luck trying to post it.

Good luck with Raylan too