· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    This is heartbreaking, Mandy. And a very difficult situation for you. You've been given a ton of well intended advice but you are the only one who can decide what, if anything, you can do about it. They are your husband's parents and the grandparents of your little one so it's a very sticky situation. I'd consult with your husband, let him know how much it bothers you (if you haven't already) and make a plan of action from there.
    At the very least, you should not have to hear about the neglect and abuse. You can not control ignorance if ignorance is the chosen course. Very sad.
    30 g FW planted:corys, ABNP, blue angel, harleys, zebra danios, nerites & mystery snails
    15 g FW planted: crown tail betta, neons, snails
    90 g FW semi planted: Blood Parrots, severum, Jurupari, EBJD, congos, kribs, clown pleco, snails
    90 Gal Journal: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=93939
    Fishless cycling: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ead.php?t=5640
    Cycling with fish: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=36492

Awards Showcase

hope this works - William hopefully this one shows up. - KingFisher It's the closest thing I could find to a snowflake. - Taurus Happy Birthday Girl. Wishing you many more. Ya thats why the Champagne is in play. hehehe - Strider199 For piping up - ~firefly~ 
    Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas - gadget228 Thank you and Happy Holidays! - KingFisher Merry x-mas and a Happy New Year Trillianne - Strider199 
    Happy New Year!!! - Rue Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 Thanks for the Rep! - steeler1 Thanks, and one for you too. - mommy1 
    lol - 5 steps to gift giving.  We should eat more bananas... potassium and all that. - KevinVA Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 No Message - Fishhook A Birthday Bunny. - gadget228 

0 Not allowed!
    I believe most places will allow you to report anonymously, which may be an option when dealing with family. Getting their bad behaviors on record with animal control is important. Even if you do not hear of them following up and pursuing the issue, this at least puts them on the radar with the animal control authority for any other additional reports that come in. This is the first step on the roadway to having them banned from owning pets or having pets in the home, which would be the ideal imo.

There is no reason you have to tell them you called and reported them, and I wouldn't personally threaten them with doing so, just take the action of doing so.

Calling the authorities to let them know you've heard from them about their dog that has a broken leg that has not had medical care is where I'd start.

0 Not allowed!
    The sad thing is, the children they take care of will learn from them about taking care of animals. In their case its not a good thing.
    <-- Click for journals
    "There is no right way to do the wrong thing." - KingFisher "Only bad things happen fast in this hobby" - Cliff

0 Not allowed!
    I would call the authorities and ask them to do a welfare inspection of the property. Pretty horrendous - more so because these people are part of your family now...yeesh. That sucks.
    "Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." Carl Sagan
    ~ My 350 Litre Tank Journal ~