· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

Hybrid View

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
    Merry Christmas! - Lab_Rat thank you for the birthday wishes - mommy1 Happy One Year AC Anniversary! - Rue For being understanding, thank you - Cliff (closest I could find to a catfish) Thanks for the nomination! - sheamurai 
    Thank you for the MOTM nomination - mommy1 I think you deserve a random gift. Yes, I think you do. - PhillipOrigami For being a fellow MA native! - Lolita Happy Birthday to you. - jeffs99dime Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    It's a Christmas Bunny, Merry Christmas. - gadget228 I've not seen anyone with an umbrella here. You seem to have an odd collection of gifts...so here's my contribution. :-) - ~firefly~ "genocidex;1139790]stupid question... but would i be able to use lawn clovers in a tank?  lol"  REALLY - Strider199 crayfish! - Brhino thanks for sharing - sheamurai 
    For filling out my school! :) - Flyby Stardancer silly rabbit... - sheamurai They say one of these a day keeps doctors away.... - Trillianne Day Two... - Trillianne Thanks for the frogbit very much :) - Greentoads41 
    World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - genocidex 

Default "excellent list of low light plants"

0 Not allowed!
    hi every one, i would first like to say i take no credit for this list i am just sharing this very useful list found at:
    http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/sh...ad.php?t=56042

Please Note: I am not the author of this list. The author of this list, James From Cali, is also a member on this site and he has been kind enough to continually update, revise, and update this list. For James' most updated list, please see further threads from James in this post.

This is an excellent list of low light plants for anyone looking for plants to start a low light tank. It was posted by James From Cali at: http://www.myfishtank.net/

"Plants Ideal For Low Light/Low Tech Aquaria
    Some people may be wondering what plants do well in a Low Light setup. I used to be the same way(and still am sometimes) and now I am wanting to make a list of what is appropriate for this kind of tank. Any one wanting to add to the list please go ahead. List Common and Scientific name please.

Java Fern - Microsorum pteropus
    Windelov Java Fern, Windelov Fern - Microsorum pteropus 'Windelov'
    Narrow Leaf Java Fern - Microsorum pteropus v. 'narrow leaf'
    Java Moss - Vesicularia dubyana
    Green Hygro - Hygrophila polysperma
    *Sunset Hygro - Hygrophila polysperma 'Rosanervig'
    Ceylon Hygro - Hygrophila polysperma 'Ceylon'
    Rotala Rotundifolia - Rotala rotundifolia
    Rotala Rotundifolia sp. Green - Rotala rotundifolia sp. 'Green'
    Rotala Indica - Rotala indica
    Hornwort - Ceratophylum demersum
    Parrots Feather - Myriophyllum aquaticum
    Moneywort, Water Hyssop - Bocapa monnieri
    Brazilian Pennywort, Pennywort - Hydrocotyle leucocephala
    Crypt Wendtii - Cryptocoryne wendtii
    Crypt Balansae - Cryptocoryne Balansae
    Pygmy Crypt - Cryptocoryne pygmaea
    Guppy Grass - Najas guadalupensis
    Anubias barteri - Anubias barteri v. barteri
    Anubias barteri 'marble' - Anubias barteri 'marble'
    Anubias barteri v. 'glabra' - Anubias barteri v. 'glabra'
    Anubias nana - Anubias barteri v. 'nana'
    Coffee leaf anubias - Anubias barteri v. 'coffeefolia'
    Crypt retrospiralis - Cryptocoryne retrospiralis
    Crypt spiralis - Cryptocoryne spiralis
    Golden nana - Anubias barteri v. 'nana golden'
    Narrow leaf nana - Anubias barteri v. 'nana narrow leaf'
    Petite nana - Anubias barteri v. nana 'petite'
    Philippine Java Fern - Microsorum pteropus 'Philippine'
    Red Java fern - Microsorum pteropus "red"
    Crypt Becketii - Cryptcoryne becketii
    Pelia - Monosolenium tenerum
    Waterwheel Plant - Aldrovanda vesiculosa
    Bacopa - Bacopa caroliniana
    African Water Fern - Bolbitis heudelotii
    Hornwort - Ceratophyllum submersum
    Crypt Aponogetifolia - Cryptocoryne aponogetifolia
    Micro Crypt - Cryptocoryne petchii
    Tropica Sword - Echinodorus parviflorus 'Tropica'
    Downoi - Pogostemon helferi

*Do not ned high light to attain pink color. Dosing Iron can bring out this color. I have learned this from experience.

Thank you,
    James"

again this list is just something i have found very useful and wished to share it with every one. all thanks to plantedtank.net members homer_simpson and james from cali.
    KING OF THE GOLD BARBS RAWR!!!!
    I wonder if i plant one of my tiger barbs would the demon seed grow to a full tree?
    gotta love them bunnies!
    I.R.S.: We've got what it takes to take what you've got!

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    thanks for posting this!! very much appreciated.
    30 g FW planted:corys, ABNP, blue angel, harleys, zebra danios, pair kribs, & nerite snails
    15 g FW planted: crown tail betta, neons, snails
    90 g FW semi planted: EBJD, congos, apple snails
    90 Gal Journal: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=93939
    Fishless cycling: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ead.php?t=5640
    Cycling with fish: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=36492

Awards Showcase

It's EOTW Beer Time! - KevinVA Nobody likes to drinl alone :) - steeler58 Back at you,  good sir! - Compass Here's to Lee's 5000 and Guava Flavored Whiskey! - Taurus Why drink alone, when a Sandz is nearby? - KevinVA 
    Sorry to hear of your loss, it always sucks to lose fish. - mommy1 Wish it was a real one, sorry for your loses :( - steeler58 So sorry about your fish! - SeaLady Here is pie. - mommy1 for the one you lost :o( - fishmommie 
    No Message - Fishhook Bottoms up! - Slaphppy7 Thanks, this one is on me - mommy1 Here's to 4,000 posts :) - steeler58 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    TGIF and here's to good whiskey :-) - Taurus Thanks for the rep :) - rebecca_finny pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie thank you for your help and advice - showmebutterfly Even Monday's are better with severum - showmebutterfly 

0 Not allowed!
    Great list, being that James is a member, maybe he would be kind enough *if the mods agree* to make this a sticky and allow him to update it with us as well?
    FW: 1 45gal, 1 40gal, 3 10gal, 3 30gal all community tanks of different species
    Sw: 1 55gal, 1 30gal show, 1 29gal show, 1 20gal and 2 10's

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
    Merry Christmas! - Lab_Rat thank you for the birthday wishes - mommy1 Happy One Year AC Anniversary! - Rue For being understanding, thank you - Cliff (closest I could find to a catfish) Thanks for the nomination! - sheamurai 
    Thank you for the MOTM nomination - mommy1 I think you deserve a random gift. Yes, I think you do. - PhillipOrigami For being a fellow MA native! - Lolita Happy Birthday to you. - jeffs99dime Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    It's a Christmas Bunny, Merry Christmas. - gadget228 I've not seen anyone with an umbrella here. You seem to have an odd collection of gifts...so here's my contribution. :-) - ~firefly~ "genocidex;1139790]stupid question... but would i be able to use lawn clovers in a tank?  lol"  REALLY - Strider199 crayfish! - Brhino thanks for sharing - sheamurai 
    For filling out my school! :) - Flyby Stardancer silly rabbit... - sheamurai They say one of these a day keeps doctors away.... - Trillianne Day Two... - Trillianne Thanks for the frogbit very much :) - Greentoads41 

0 Not allowed!
    Is james a member here? I know he was a member at plantedtank.net but i couldnt find his user name nor is the op ( from which i found this list) active anymore. If hes active on here he should get all the credit as this is a wonderful list.
    I wonder if i plant one of my tiger barbs would the demon seed grow to a full tree?
    gotta love them bunnies!

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

0 Not allowed!
    ok now i see what happened. sorry every one, everything after first link is coppied from the source (i didnt want to loose any of its integrity.) and that list is small. im working on pulling together all the lists from james on that site and will see if i can edit (or have a mod edit) the OP in this thread to make more sense.
    gotta love them bunnies!

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks for the list. What is considered "low light"?