· Tropical Fish Food

Thread: New Fish

1. Default New Fish

0 Not allowed!
    I have a 29 gallon tank with
    4 gourami, blue gold peacock & dwarf
    2 polka dot catfish
    3 bleeding heart tetras
    2 glo barbs (thinking about sending them back to the lfs though because one has died and another isn't doing so great, I had 3)
    1 angelfish
    my tank has been set up since new years, cycled and all tests are good. So what can I add to my tank with some color?? I am planning on getting a bigger tank before Halloween hopefully :)))

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
    Merry Christmas! - Lab_Rat thank you for the birthday wishes - mommy1 Happy One Year AC Anniversary! - Rue For being understanding, thank you - Cliff (closest I could find to a catfish) Thanks for the nomination! - sheamurai 
    Thank you for the MOTM nomination - mommy1 I think you deserve a random gift. Yes, I think you do. - PhillipOrigami For being a fellow MA native! - Lolita Happy Birthday to you. - jeffs99dime Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    It's a Christmas Bunny, Merry Christmas. - gadget228 I've not seen anyone with an umbrella here. You seem to have an odd collection of gifts...so here's my contribution. :-) - ~firefly~ "genocidex;1139790]stupid question... but would i be able to use lawn clovers in a tank?  lol"  REALLY - Strider199 crayfish! - Brhino thanks for sharing - sheamurai 
    For filling out my school! :) - Flyby Stardancer silly rabbit... - sheamurai They say one of these a day keeps doctors away.... - Trillianne Day Two... - Trillianne Thanks for the frogbit very much :) - Greentoads41 
    World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - genocidex 

0 Not allowed!
    Well your tank is set for a disaster... Sorry if im being negitive but. The gouramis will fight to the death eventually in this sized tank.... Dwarf one would be the first to go.
    The tetras need a school of 8.
    Those glow barbs, i just saw them myself are tiger barbs. They will pic at ur angel and gouarmi till they are either killed or kill the others. Plus they need big schools to be njce to each other.

Im sorry if im being too negitive just laying out my 2 cents
    KING OF THE GOLD BARBS RAWR!!!!
    I wonder if i plant one of my tiger barbs would the demon seed grow to a full tree?
    gotta love them bunnies!
    I.R.S.: We've got what it takes to take what you've got!

0 Not allowed!
    Okay. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but nearly everything you have listed is completely inappropriate for that tank, your tank is also horrendously overstocked. What are your ammonia, nitrite and nitrate levels please? "Tests are good" tells us nothing.

4 gourami, blue gold peacock & dwarf -- Gourami are highly territorial and soon one will assert dominance and kill the others. Besides that, blue and gold gourami grow too large for your tank. Please remove 3 or all of the gourami. The Dwarf Gourami is suitable for your tank size -- but only one.
    2 polka dot catfish -- are you talking about a Polka Dot Loach? If so these need a school of at least 6 and also require a minimum tank size of 55 gallons. These will have to be removed too, or put in a much bigger tank.
    3 bleeding heart tetras -- these are also a schooling fish and need at least 6, if not more.
    2 glo barbs -- also a schooling fish and need at least 6. The reason one died is likely stress from being in an inadequate school, in a crowded tank with probable high nitrate levels due to overstocking.
    1 angelfish -- will grow too big for your tank -- please remove him along with the gourami and polka-dot loaches.

Is this what your "polka dot catfish" look like?

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    The people ahead of me have nailed it. If you are looking for bright fish you could do an all male livebearer tank (if you rehome your current fish). If you wanted mixed gender livebearers it would be best to leave the dwarf gourami as it would eat fry for you.

Although starting over with your dwarf gourami and your tetras would work too.