· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    did 75% again may take another 1-2 times depending where i am to get to that to around 10 or atleast coming up at as ten on the test. then i need to figure out how many days it takes to go from 10.0 to 20.0 then i can figure out based of that when i should do a 50% pwc then another 50% pwc (day later or space it depending how many days) to get me to around 12ppm. this is of course rough math not considering Whatever the Increase rate of nitrate is and not factoring in what plants are reducing nitrate or slowing the increasing rate. I couldn't get my hands on frogbit, i tried to get some wisteria instead didn't have any in stock at LFS. So i went with a lil ball of java moss that i put on 1 side of a piece of wood and on 2 ornaments. Also got a java fern that i attached the other side of the wood with some thread. I think my cousin has some water sprites atleast he claims thats what it is, need to get a better look at it then determine if i can use a cutting or something based of what it is. as far floating plants I already have salvinia i think and some other stringy stuff that looks similar about handful or more at the top going.

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    i picked up a aquaclear 50 :D and stuck it on someones credit card til i get paid. My question is how should i transfer the bb to the new filter from the old one. sponge squeeze i guess ? haven't tested my water yet. I think i am going to go with this Drain for the test water. large water change, take old whisper filter off, install new filter, replace water , squeeze sponge into new filter.

Awards Showcase

Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 and gift - mommy1 Thanks for the rep - Cliff Thanks for the rep, have a cool one on me, Cheers - Cliff Thanks and a new fish for the tank - glarior 
    Thanks for the gorgeous slide show! - fishmommie Thanks for the rep the other day - Cliff It's a Sudbury Saturday Night, Cheers - Cliff Hockey finals can not be watched without a hockey pop or two - Cliff Thanks for the rep :) - Greentoads41 
    Thanks for the Rep!! - steeler1 Merry Christmas! - steeler1 Merry Christmas - Cliff May you be living as high as the holiday hog this coming year! - Trillianne Happy New Year - mommy1 
    Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 Thanks for the Rep!! - steeler1 Have a Birthday fish!! - steeler1 Here you go sir, I just wish it had been a good game. - steeler1 Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Strider199 

0 Not allowed!
    I would just put the old sponge in an empty space in the new filter. Squeezing it will release a bit of BB and old water. Inserting it into the new filter whole will transfer everything into the new filter.
    Warning; Bulldog Pleco guarding my Sons tank now..

Please remember; every keystroke has a consequence.

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Strider199 View Post
    I would just put the old sponge in an empty space in the new filter. Squeezing it will release a bit of BB and old water. Inserting it into the new filter whole will transfer everything into the new filter.
    thanks i had considered this to an after putting in 2 stages of biomax looks like i may have room at the top :D off to test the water parameters :P

Awards Showcase

Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 and gift - mommy1 Thanks for the rep - Cliff Thanks for the rep, have a cool one on me, Cheers - Cliff Thanks and a new fish for the tank - glarior 
    Thanks for the gorgeous slide show! - fishmommie Thanks for the rep the other day - Cliff It's a Sudbury Saturday Night, Cheers - Cliff Hockey finals can not be watched without a hockey pop or two - Cliff Thanks for the rep :) - Greentoads41 
    Thanks for the Rep!! - steeler1 Merry Christmas! - steeler1 Merry Christmas - Cliff May you be living as high as the holiday hog this coming year! - Trillianne Happy New Year - mommy1 
    Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 Thanks for the Rep!! - steeler1 Have a Birthday fish!! - steeler1 Here you go sir, I just wish it had been a good game. - steeler1 Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Strider199 

0 Not allowed!
    It will take a few weeks to get the results from the new filter. Be patient and keep up with the water changes.
    The best thing I've ever read on any site is; "a water change will never hurt if done correctly."

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Strider199 View Post
    It will take a few weeks to get the results from the new filter. Be patient and keep up with the water changes.
    The best thing I've ever read on any site is; "a water change will never hurt if done correctly."
    yeah i am doing them anyway battling nitrates down from what started high and i have 10 ppm on my tap still which makes it diffcult. :D tonights was 20-40 i am calling it she said 20 first then was like eh maybe 40 and i asked her to describe the color (i am color blind). Shes like Red-orange but slightly more red (if i remember correctly). i am about to preform one now was debating if i should go with 75 % again which helps more in one go considering the tap is 10.0 ( its probably truly 9.00 ish) but thats kinda a pain with live stock and plants might do 50 % then do another after an hour or so do another 50 %. 200 gph flow on that thing so it circulates it 10 times in 1 hour. thats not even counting the 20 gallon rated power head thats in their so i may test it again after 50 % then do another . then test it again tommorow around same time again battling it down to 10 is fun managing it will be slightly less fun until we get ro in the house.

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    An RO system at home is awesome. The only drawback is the amount you can get out of that system at any time. Mine will fill a 2 gallon bucket and them it will take 3 hours to re-charge so to speak.
    I would do a 50% water change with Prime and check it again tomorrow.
    Fish can take nitrate build up better then Nitrite or Ammonia, so your 40ppm is high but not as bad as Ammonia at any positive reading.
    I have also noticed that a fully planted tank usually has a higher Nitrate count then a tank without live plants. I know, I thought live plants helped clean up nitrates. It just didn't test that way. And Yes, I always have live plants because I think they make my tanks look awesome.

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    yeah i went with the first 50 % + checked it an hour or so later, person who checks for me was calling it 10 (it's probably about 15 truly using some math in a perfect situation ) but bottles are fairly knew i don't entirely trust my shaking of bottle #2 think i shaked it for over a minute. if i do 50 % tommrow and its ~15 with 10ppm on tap that gets it down to like 12.5 ppm.