· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default Breeding German Rams

0 Not allowed!
    Hey everyone! I noticed that a pair has formed and eggs have appeared! I saw the females egg tube over the last few days but this morning noticed eggs (at least I think they're eggs ) So I'm hoping you guys can help me figure out if they are eggs. The male/female are guarding a piece of slate in some Italian val and java moss underneath some driftwood. The male does about 90% of the guarding and the female just hangs around. Around maybe 50-100 'eggs'. They are a browning-greyish-yellow colour at the moment and pretty much match the slate. Here's a pic that you can see the so-called-eggs best. And a pic of the daddy hovering over them. So let me know what you think and thanks!

0 Not allowed!
    Congratulations. Everything indicates that your fish have laid eggs. I would not know what else they would be. If you want a reasonable number of fry to survive, start thinking of what to feed them. Good start fry foods are baby brine shrimp, microworms, or if you don't want to mess with live foods, a commercial powder fry food like sera micron would suffice. Also think of either protecting tankmates from irate parents or protecting fry from hungry tankmates.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by madagascariensis View Post
    Congratulations. Everything indicates that your fish have laid eggs. Also think of either protecting tankmates from irate parents or protecting fry from hungry tankmates.
    I had planned on moving the other tankmates to another 20gal, but that gained a crack from moving it So a 10gal has been set up, and so far only moved 1 of the 3 extra rams. I plan on moving all of them into a 55gal (as stated a few weeks ago) but so far I don't have anywhere to put my crushed coral. I plan on feeding them either the sera micron or making infusoria

0 Not allowed!
    As far as I heard, young rams are born too big for infusoria, but I am not so sure either?

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by madagascariensis View Post
    As far as I heard, young rams are born too big for infusoria, but I am not so sure either?
    I'll just try the sera micron then, already have some ready for the big day . Also just moved a second ram into the 10 gal so just 1 more to go. So technically; 20gal=3 rams+___eggs, 10gal=2 rams. Both tanks have plants and hiding spots in them :) So happy they're having babies, had them for only a month or so!

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Seems I might've spoke too soon, the eggs have seem to have turned white and the parents are back to hanging about together and eating the eggs. So happy that they are at least having babies!!! Look forward to the next few months to see if they try again :)