· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default Different "Fathead"?

0 Not allowed!
    I bought eight "Rosy Red Minnows" (or "Fathead Minnows") from PetSmart today. Seven are the normal rosy red color, but one is brown. I've looked up how to sex them, but apparently they don't differ in color? What sort of "minnow" is the brown one?
    10 Gallon: 5 Peppered Corys | Pool Filter Sand | x2 AquaTech 5-15 Power Filter | 2 plastic plants

0 Not allowed!
    Do you have a picture of the rogue offender?
    ~Manna
    10 gallon live planted aquarium with 6 neons
    90 gallon fw community in progress

0 Not allowed!
    Rosy red minnows are a domesticated form of a wild fish, the fathead minnow. Think about little goldfish. The wild fish is a bronze color just like the one you described, while domesticated fatheads are orangish yellow. Again, just like goldfish, which have bronze colored wild ancestors. Since the original wild form is bronze, the newly domesticated colorful fish will have a tendency to produce a number of fry which retain the natural wild natural color and that is why in a batch of rosy reds the usually always are some brown colored wild forms.

Young fish are near impossible to sex due to undeveloped characteristics as well as hyperactivity but adult males are much larger than females and have massive bulbous pimply heads that gives the species it's name.

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I can post one. Sure:

1dYvFJ6.jpg

He's on the right.
    10 Gallon: 5 Peppered Corys | Pool Filter Sand | x2 AquaTech 5-15 Power Filter | 2 plastic plants

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    +1 to Madagascar
    I've got wild fathead minnows in my pond, all bronze colored. I did not know that rosy red minnows were domesticated fatheads, but now we have proof :) The bronze one is just a color varient
    Tanks: 30 gal community and 10 gal shrimp/community
    Journals Here

Awards Showcase

Friends don't let friends drink alone, and I'm there for you man - Cliff After all that virtual alcohol it's time to sober up with some virtual food - mommy1 I can't drink alone mate - ScottishFish I won't thank you because it's a thankless job 7 also I cannot find any CUC type gifts but thanks [ - 850R Cheers bud - Cliff 
    Time for a Pint? I cannae drink alone - ScottishFish Implied message here. - mommy1 Congrats MOTM !!! - Cliff Cheers! - escamosa I dunno why I'm giving you a skunkloach as your prize,. They just sound cool! :) - escamosa 
    Merry Christmas - KingFisher Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas!! - ScottishFish Happy X-mas! :-) - MCHRKiller Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 
    A cup of coffee to get you going on that build. - Strider199 Merry xmas! - ScottishFish Merry Christmas - mommy1 Happy New Year - mommy1 Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 

0 Not allowed!
    I've seen both colors intermixed and sold as feeder fish here for many years. they can stand our cold winters out in the pond and breed easily.
    Thar she blows!!!