· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Borneo Sucker?!

1. Default Borneo Sucker?!

0 Not allowed!
    What the heck?! How does this thing not grow past 8"? If this pleco really only gets up to 4", I'm going with that!

Plecos are cool, but most are too large for me. The smaller ones are super expensive as well, but this little guy seems legitimate.
    10 Gallon: 5 Peppered Corys | Pool Filter Sand | x2 AquaTech 5-15 Power Filter | 2 plastic plants

0 Not allowed!
    It's not really a pleco catfish but a type of loach adapted to rapids. This it will need cool, well oxygenated flowing water.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Oh, so it's a loach? By cool do you mean like 77 degrees Fahrenheit?

Are there any more fish that look like plecos and can live in 75-80 degree water?
    Last edited by aquahead1; 03-29-2013 at 02:44 PM.
    10 Gallon: 5 Peppered Corys | Pool Filter Sand | x2 AquaTech 5-15 Power Filter | 2 plastic plants

Awards Showcase

Because your not cool unless you gift yourself. - Carapar56 In memory of the one you lost. - Strider199 ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾̃̾)۶ - korith The fishies are coming! the fishies are coming! - Sandz Are you old enough to drink?  Oh, well, For JJ's fish! - gronlaura 
    Discus and Beer! - Sandz Merry Christmas - mommy1 Sorry for your loss - KingFisher Sorry to hear of the old girl's passing - ~firefly~ Happy New Year - mommy1 
    Sorry for you loss, wish this was real. - steeler58 Congratulations on your 100th post! - fishmommie Thanks for the Rep! - steeler58 
    Gay and Lesbian Pride - Carapar56 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Carapar56 Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Carapar56 HIV/AIDS - Carapar56 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Carapar56 

0 Not allowed!
    More like 64-72 F Plus they need a very strong flow. Uhm I really can't think of anything for you.. Maybe a catfish? Oil Catfish, or Honeycomb catfish are a very interesting species. http://www.seriouslyfish.com/species...hlus-perugiae/

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Are there any fish that don't grow past 5" and have a sucker mouth? All of the "dwarf" plecos I've researched are super expensive.

0 Not allowed!
    Pleco is common english for fish in the Loricariidae genus. In there you also find fish like the otocats. There's some peckoltia species that don't get too big and are relatively easy to keep. I keep a dwarf variety of the well known bristlenose, Ancistrus Claro but I understand that's difficult to find in your country.

Borneo sucker is indeed a hill stream loach. One of the omst mistreated species in the trade, many only last 3 months because people don't know/are unwilling to keep it properly. Doing a dedicated biotope for it is high on my someday list. They mix well with whiteclouds and with some ingenuity you could build a biotope-like setup in a 20 gallon long.

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Okay, I see the clown pleco eats driftwood, but is it easy to keep? I can easily get driftwood from my LFS, but are there any plecos that don't require wood? My guidelines for plecos or any suckermouth fish:

1. Not aggressive. (Community Fish & Peaceful)
    2. Is an herbivore (that preferably eats zucchini).
    3. Doesn't grow past 5".
    4. Is strictly freshwater.

Are there any suckermouth fish that fit the above guideline?

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Pitbull and rubberlip plecos stay small. All plecos benefit from driftwood, but clown plecos need it to survive.

0 Not allowed!
    Those two are an option but tend to prefer water a bit colder, say about 23c.
    Most "pleco" are easy to keep if you're skilled enough to keep your water clean and dedicated enough to do a bit of research

What's wrong with a bristlenose?

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    @talldutchie

Do BN plecos get huge (over 5")? Do they require cold water? Are they herbivores?