· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default Shrimps best thing i ever did

0 Not allowed!
    So not long ago i added i bought 120 red cherry shrimp for $20 which i thought was a steal. I added half to my juvie discus tank, understanding they would probably get eaten but willing to risk it, and half in the plant section of my freshwater sump. Wow boy can these guys tidy up. The plant section of the sump was previously full of algae (didn't bother me as it's in the sump) and particles caught in the moss literally 12 hours later overnight the plant section was spotless. I did put a barrier in but some of the smaller shrimp got through and into the media section which i thought was a massive bummer, but after a few days the months worth of mulm that had built up there was gone, so i decided to leave them there to clean my filter as well.

And they ones in the tank are surviving also. The discus are fairly small and peck at the shrimp but they just bounce away. All the small paticles they were getting caught in my hairgrass and the fine leaves of the Giant Ambulia are gone. Not to mention the food i miss when cleaning up after the discus vanishes as well. I know in the long run as the discus get better the population may dwindle but for now it's great. And who nows maybe the population growth will compete with predation by then.

10/10 for cleaning
    10/10 for added red color to the green plants
    10/10 for added food source from shrimplets which i know will happen.

great addition to the tank!
    6ft Australian Fresh water turtle tank - 2 macleay river turtles, numerous guppy at varying stages of development.

5ft 150gal planted discus tank - 8 discus, 10 cardinal tetras, 10 rummnose, 6 albino cories, and breeding RCS in tank sump and just about everywhere everything done from scratch, filtration and stand tank
    journal @
    http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...d.php?t=101658

0 Not allowed!
    Wow, that's a bargain! I'd get no more than 5 or 6 for that price here.
    "Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." Carl Sagan
    ~ My 350 Litre Tank Journal ~

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    They arn't top quality, most of the females don't have the really red colour yet, but most are still quite small and i got a few carrying eggs as well. I hope to perhaps selectively breed them by pulling out the best coloured ones as time goes on and put them in a smaller tank for shrimp only, time shall tell
    6ft Australian Fresh water turtle tank - 2 macleay river turtles, numerous guppy at varying stages of development.

5ft 150gal planted discus tank - 8 discus, 10 cardinal tetras, 10 rummnose, 6 albino cories, and breeding RCS in tank sump and just about everywhere everything done from scratch, filtration and stand tank
    journal @

0 Not allowed!
    Would be interested in a few photos of them when you get a chance.

5. Default

0 Not allowed!

In the filter

journal @

0 Not allowed!
    Nice shots, especially the baby ones!

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I'm noticing more are disappearing in the sump I'm thinking somehow they are getting through and into the pump. The ones in with the 6 discus are actually surviving better althought I saw a partial shrimp shell in discus poo today

journal @

Awards Showcase

Friends don't let friends drink alone, and I'm there for you man - Cliff After all that virtual alcohol it's time to sober up with some virtual food - mommy1 I can't drink alone mate - ScottishFish I won't thank you because it's a thankless job 7 also I cannot find any CUC type gifts but thanks [ - 850R Cheers bud - Cliff 
    Time for a Pint? I cannae drink alone - ScottishFish Implied message here. - mommy1 Congrats MOTM !!! - Cliff Cheers! - escamosa I dunno why I'm giving you a skunkloach as your prize,. They just sound cool! :) - escamosa 
    Merry Christmas - KingFisher Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas!! - ScottishFish Happy X-mas! :-) - MCHRKiller Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 
    A cup of coffee to get you going on that build. - Strider199 Merry xmas! - ScottishFish Merry Christmas - mommy1 Happy New Year - mommy1 Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 

0 Not allowed!
    sounds like a great bargain and quite the cleaning crew for the tank. I was thinking of putting some shrimp or crayfish into my sump for the same purpose. good to hear your happy so far.
    Thar she blows!!!

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    so far so good but like i say if they are going in the sump make damn sure they can't get through cause numbers are dwindling very quick lol

journal @

0 Not allowed!
    Not surprising with discus