· Responsible Fish Keeping
· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Flourish Comprehensive NOT working!!!

0 Not allowed!
    I've read great stuff about Seachem Flourish everywhere but it just won't work for my plants...i've added 1.5ml (the correct dosage for my tank) TWICE over the past week with no noticeable results :/ the leaves on most of the plants are showing an Iron deficiency i.e brown/yellow outlines here and there....i have a feeling it's my lighting that's the problem (10 watt fluorescent tube over an 18G tank)...Also, i tried to attach a picture of my plants to this thread but when i click on 'upload', an exclamation mark comes up next to the file in the attachment window - what's that all about?? i'm totally new here guys so any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
    Last edited by himura; 03-24-2013 at 09:28 AM.

0 Not allowed!
    Try resizing you pics to 800 X 800 pixels and you should be able to up-load them

What type of plants are we do you have in your tank?
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    not sure but i think they're part of the anubias family which are low-light plants....right??! i'm kinda clueless here :D i'll try resizing the pics!

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    alright, i just resized a picture to 800 by 600 and still no luck...even tried uploading it to my profile on here and still nothing -_-

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I have the same photo problem when using Firefox. If I open Google Chrome and log in from that browser then I can upload the photos with no problems.
    46 gallon bow front planted - 6 Longfin Neon Rosy Barbs, 1 male Golden Sailfin Mollie, 6 Harlequin Rasboras, 4 Panda Corys, 1 German Blue Ram, 1 Apple snail.
    29 Gallon - mix of plastic and real plants - 1 Angel fish, 2 male fancy guppies, 2 German Blue Rams, 8 Neon Tetras, 2 Ottos.
    5 gallon Quarantine tank

Read my journal here.
    Pictures of my 46 Gallon here.
    Picture of my 29 gallon here.

Awards Showcase

Happy Christmas - MuckyFish thanks for advising on vegetables for my kribs! so here is a discus - ScottishFish You help a lot - PhillipOrigami For the bank account, and thx for the rep - Cliff beautiful discus! - Crispy 
    I know this doesn't help but it's all I can do! - chrisfraser05 for all the wise advice you've given me - fishmommie Congrats on 2000th post! - andreahp Merry Christmas! - fishmommie Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    Thanks for the rep :-) - ~firefly~ appreciate it. - fishmommie Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ - korith For all the good advice you give. - ~firefly~ 
    Thanks for the rep the other day - Cliff thanks for the rep points.  appreciate it - fishmommie happy friday! - mojosodope Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ Thanks for the rep! - steeler1 

0 Not allowed!
    Added the stuff and waited all of one week? Uh, hate to tell you but these are plants! They do not respond to proper conditions in just a few days. If you have deficiencies, that could take new growth before seeing effects. Also, don't overdose Flourish - that stuff (any fert) can start to become toxic at higher levels; iron is very bad to overdose even just a little -at least from my reading. As for Flourish, I've had a very bad experience with that stuff with fish. So, when I had plants, I only dose the specific ferts I need at levels that are safe (I use an iron test kit to confirmed those levels for my tank) -others have no issues but I'd keep to levels the instructions call for.

0 Not allowed!
    I find you have to wait two or three weeks (minimum) to really notice results. Your light levels are very low so that will slow growth results further - meaning it might be a month before you can track any changes.
    "Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." Carl Sagan

~ 350 Litre Tank Journal ~ ~ 30 Litre Tank Journal ~

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    @Cermet
    Don't worry dude, i was extra careful about the dosage and i'm fully aware of what an overdose of Flourish does to a tank...anyway, i expected results within a week from all the reviews i read of plants doing a 180 within the said time period ^_^

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    @firefly
    i kinda had a feeling my lighting was at fault!! i guess we'll have to wait and see then :D
    thanks for the help guys! :)

0 Not allowed!
    Plants need 3 main things for growth: carbon, fertilizer and light. The one present in the least quantity is the limiting factor and excess amount of the other factors will not accelerate growth unless the factor present in the least quantity is grout up.