· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    new update: the 150 gal tank is no go due to a crack in it. So I went with my 125 ive had sitting. I had to make a new lid for it as the old one was broken. I ended up not going live plants, may add them in later a few at a time. Anyway I cycled the tank and dropped in the new heaters. The eheim 2217 never got here in time for my new set up so I cancelled them and picked up 2 fluval 406 filters and set them up. gravel in and plants/décor. Ive had this tank running for about a month and a half. Fish are in and seem very happy, haven't lost any of them yet. I will try to set up some pics. A few more questions. I have always had glass lids, but I found some screen lids that fit this tank. Is there a benefit or downside of using screens or stick with glass/ acrylic? Also if I add a few java ferns, will it disrupt anything I have done so far? Stock is 35 tiger barbs, 14 zebra dianos 8 of which are glow type, 4 glow tetras, 7 kuhli loaches, one rainbow shark, one black red tail shark, one clown pleco, and 7 clown loaches. Most of the loaches are tiny, 3 are like 3 inches which came from an older tank.

0 Not allowed!
    What's with newbies and "Sharks"

ok, screen covers allow for more evaporation.

The sharks will get territorial and grumpy when they mature. The cloach grows out to 10-12 inches over the next few years.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    yes I know the cloaches get big, after a while I may need to get a bigger tank for them alone. As for the sharks, I just like the colors and shape of them. I did plenty of reading about keeping them, most said one of each species will be fine. The rainbow swims the whole tank, the black red tail hides most of the time in a cave, comes out at morning and evening to eat. No chasing from them yet, but the zebras love to chase each other.

So how do I post pics? I tried twice and it doesn't work..... hmmm....

and thank you again talldutchie for a quick answer!

0 Not allowed!
    How I post pics is putting them on flickr or photobucket and then copy the ubb code here.

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Added some live plants to make the fish a bit happier and the water a bit better. 4 java ferns, Anubis and a moss ball. Getting a new light set up to grow them a bit better. Everything else seems like they are getting along fine.