· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

1. Default discus size growth

0 Not allowed!
    i m having 15 discus current average size is 2″ and my current fish tank size is 24*18*15″ as per US gallon=28, 50% water changes daily, temp maintaining, mix beef heart feeding. so jst i want to know how much they will grow in said tank? bcoz i m not plan to buy new bigger tank for next two months so pls help me to checkout their size in the current tank. thnx

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    They will continue to grow but probably at a slower rate. 15 adult discus would need around a 180 gallon + tank but even if you're not keeping all you should definitely increase your water changes to 100% daily or even more so. You don't want to risk your fish getting stunted, there isn't any coming back from that. If I was in that situation I would be doing at least a 150% daily.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    How can someone afford that many discus but not a proper sized tank for them? Maybe they're just more expensive where I am compared to the OP (no clue because location is not listed). Or does it just really depend on the size when purchased? It just seems crazy to me to have that many discus in such a tiny tank. Even if one does not care about the health of the fish (not accusing you of it, just a hypothetical example), I'd expect one to want to protect their investment.

Are you using RO water for your water changes?

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    thnx for rply, but can u tel me til wat size they will grow? if i change 100% water change daily.

no i m not using RO !!

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    i m asking about their size coz after that i will do some arrangement to move them to bigger one, these all fish were of my frnd bt he shifted in gulf so he given me his all setup, now i m studying n yet i dnt hav enough money and family issue too. i m saving my pocket money to buy big one, dats y m asking by ur experience tell me avg. size till they grow.
    pls suggest me.

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    thnx for rply, but can u tel me til wat size they will grow? if i change 100% water change daily.

0 Not allowed!
    Don't buy fish without basic research at least. http://www.seriouslyfish.com/species...equifasciatus/

Discus grow to about 6 inch long and 6 tall

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by talldutchie View Post
    Don't buy fish without basic research at least. http://www.seriouslyfish.com/species...equifasciatus/

Discus grow to about 6 inch long and 6 tall
    If I could understand what the OP wrote (giving me a bit of a headache trying to figure it out), it sounds like the fish were given to him/her, setup and all. He/she's now on here trying to figure out what to do to properly take care of them.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by funkman262 View Post
    If I could understand what the OP wrote (giving me a bit of a headache trying to figure it out), it sounds like the fish were given to him/her, setup and all. He/she's now on here trying to figure out what to do to properly take care of them.

You may be right. It's not the way I read it.

The end result is still way too many discus in a small tank that have no real chance of growing out to happy healthy fish.

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    i m asking about their size coz after that i will do some arrangement to move them to bigger one, these all fish were of my frnd bt he shifted in gulf so he given me his all setup, now i m studying n yet i dnt hav enough money and family issue too. i m saving my pocket money to buy big one, dats y m asking by ur experience tell me avg. size till they grow.
    pls suggest