Thread: Filter startup?

1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    OK...1 male betta, maybe 2-3 freshwater shrimp
    2 African dwarf frogs (adf)
    2 white cloud mountain minnows
    Maybe just a shrimp tank?
    Other micro-fish: http://www.franksaquarium.com/nanofish.htm

I defer to other who have had more experience with this, but at least you have some suggestions.
    Not sure what you mean about "needing more water"...

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    You need to saturate the cartridge, so you need a better flow/bigger volume of water.
    What did you mean by that?

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Saturate the filter cartridge with water by using a cup or bowl to pour tank (treated) water directly over it via the top of the filter. If you used a spoon, that's not enough water to saturate the cartridge, you need to give it a really good soak then continue to pour water over it when you are turning on the filter. Try this and see if that works. If not, someone else suggested reseating the impeller. I gave you an idea how to do this in an earlier post. Good Luck!

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Yeah, saturating/priming it didn't work, used a clean mug to pour tank water onto the top twice, then slowly poured it on while i plugged it in, no luck. I'm so freaking disappointed, I was excited about this tank.

I'll try taking it apart now, but what am I looking for?

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    As far as stocking, you could also try: http://aqadvisor.com/
    Some people here like it to use as a guide, while others say it can overstock your tank if you don't do you own research one the suggestions given.

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    In the bottom of the filter, really make sure you pay attention to the way this filter goes back together (past experience) you will see a post with a plastic piece on the end, make sure this looks properly seated and can move. This is from memory, so I hope I remembered correctly. When you plug in the filter, does it make any noise or vibrate at all? Maybe its DOA and you should call the seller or manufacturer for a replacement.

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Nothing at all happens. And I ordered it from Amazon, now I have no money left to ship it back...

Edit: Your post honestly didn't help at all. Could you elaborate? Sorry and thanks.
    Last edited by Pazda; 03-22-2013 at 01:28 AM.

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Did you try contacting Amazon directly or the manufacturer? It should be under warranty. If you go to Amazon and type " AQUARIUS AQ0080 Aquarium Mini Internal Filter 45gph flow rate", you will see the filter. You can look through the reviews or ask a question there. The manufacturer is KollerKraft (800) 367-4821 http://www.kollercraft-products.com/ Try calling them and see if they'll send you a replacement.

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Here is the link to the filter instruction guide with exploded view:

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/Media/...structions.pdf

Awards Showcase

Thanks!!! - steeler58 Happy Mother's Day! - Slaphppy7 For 7,000 posts!! - steeler58 Thanks for the rep!! - steeler58 For working with new fish keepers! Outstanding this month. - Taurus 
    Just Because - Surfdog A round for the fallen this Memorial Day weekend. - Compass I had no cup, so I put it on a bun... - Slaphppy7 You are amazing! So smart and giving. - SeaLady Can't give you any more rep, but well said! - steeler58 
    Thank again!! You seem to enjoy your coffee. - steeler58 Thanks for the rep!! - Compass this doesnt look like pie... not the right kind.. - Sandz for providing solid guidance to others - RiversGirl Thanks for the rep! :) - Compass 
    cheers - Fishhook Using up my winnings on my friends! - Compass No Message - Fishhook beeeeeeeer! - Sandz Bottoms up! (even though you don't drink, lol) - Slaphppy7 

0 Not allowed!

This is taken from a PDF file on the filters instructions. If you remove the pump motor from the pump mount, the impeller should be in the bottom part of the pump motor, but I have no experience with this specific filter so I could be wrong, but that is usually where the impellers are seated. Take the impeller out, check the housing it came out of to make sure it is clean and clear of any debris, check the impeller for defects, if everything looks fine put everything back together, place the filter back inside the tank, and try it again. Remember to fill the filter with dechlorinated water again and the water is at the optimal water line on the fiter before you turn it back on.

Ninja'd by Betta113!
    When I go fishing I just place a sharp rock in the water and sit there waiting for all the dead fish to float to the top... Kingfisher
    Brutal honesty will be shown on this screen.
    I think my fish is adjusting well to the four gallon, He's laying on his side attempting to go to sleep on the bottom of the gravel.
    Tolerance is a great thing to have, so is the ability to shut up.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.