· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

Thread: Howdy!

1. Default Howdy!

0 Not allowed!
    So iv always had fish tanks. But this is my first saltwater tank. Give me some tips or suggestions. Its a 45 gallon. All live sand and live rock. Lovin it so much! I have a yellow jaw fish, Clown fish, Chalk bass, Royal grhamme. Midas blenny. hermits and some snails. 1 cleaner shirmp and 1 peppermint shirmp
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Oh and a six line wrasse. I hate my protein skimmer. still aint doing much. Any suggest on a better product?

0 Not allowed!
    What type of skimmer do you have and how long have you been running it ? By the looks of the pic, it just might be a Seaclone skimmer. If that is the case, I would certainly recommend replacing it with a better quality one. AquaC and Bubble Magnus have great HOB skimmers that are reasonbly priced

Other than your skimmer, I would like to make two suggestions. I would add more dry rock to your set-up. You really don't have a lot in there to support the larger bioload your fish have when they get bigger. As your tank is already cycled and set-up, you don't want to add more live rock, only dry rock and llet it becoem live over time. As you have a deep sand bed, I would suggest adding about 18 Nassarius Snail (Nassarius sp.) to help maintain it and help prevent any harmful gas build-up

What type of lighting do you have and what type of reef are you planning on ?
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Ya it is just a instant ocean protein skimmer. It is horrible. once I have my hernia promblem fixed and I can go back to work I will be buying a way better one. Can you send me a good link to buy some good dry rock? I want to just have some anemones. or some poylups. Im sure my spelling is horrible. I have a duel light system that holds t-5 bulbs. Ones a antic bulb the other is 10000 K day light t5.

0 Not allowed!
    If you tank is 18 inches tall (or taller) or I would suggest a 4 bulb T5HO fixture if you want to keep a anemone. A two bulb fixture likely won't give them enough light. Anemones that youe clown fish will host in have about the same lighting requirements as SPS corals

I've never bought dry rock on line before so I can't offerr much help there. You should be OK going with a good and well know on-line vendor you should be OK
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I will go see how tall it is. I have a couple of fish stores around here so I will probably go and see if they have any.