· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Woo-hoo! Amelia's new 120g!

0 Not allowed!
    Yaaay! My new 120g 5-footer turned up over the weekend, as well as my 4x new Sunsun canisters. Severums and pals are loving their news digs.

Left side, ft. Mr T-bar in his cave.

Middle with baby Firemouth dashing past!

Right side, with all the severums. (Spot the Loach!)

0 Not allowed!

Red the sev saying hi, with Mrs T-bar in the background.

Big Boss Severum.

Baby FM coming over to say hi.

The hardware.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    the tank is just stunning, Amelia! Congratulations. Love the driftwood and the stones and of course, the fish are amazing! Well done!
    30 g FW planted:corys, ABNP, blue angel, harleys, zebra danios, rummies, mystery & nerite snails
    15 g FW planted:crown tail betta, neons, pygmy cory, clown pleco, mystery & nerite snails
    90 g FW planted:congos, rainbows, roseline sharks, swordtails, krib pair, ABNP, peppered cories, mystery snails
    90 Gal Journal:
    fishless cycling:
    fish in cycling:

0 Not allowed!
    Congrats on the new tank glad to see you got it OK

That driftwood really helps give you tank a really nice look

I'm looking forward to following your thread
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL=""]

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks mommie and Cliff! I would like to change the background to black and I will be rehoming some of the plainer Severums in a few months so I only have 2 or 3. :) And I do love the driftwood, it's been sitting in my bathtub soaking for about a month so I think the boyfriends pleased it's finally in the tank, hehe.

Stock is currently:
    - 5 Severums (1 Super-red, 2 half-red, 2 gold)
    - 1 Firemouth
    - 2 T-bars
    - 1 Yoyo Loache
    - 3 Angelicus Loaches

... I went into the store to buy some loaches a few days ago as a wanted something active to add to the tank, since the cichlids are pretty slow and lethargic. Asked for 4 Yoyo Loaches and when I got home realized that 3 of them are Angelicus Loaches! So I'll have to catch the Angelicus and take them back for more Yoyos when I have time.

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Man.... why didn't I do a sev tank?
    130g: 4 Angelfish, 2 Roseline Sharks, 12 Conga Tetras, 5 Kuhli Loaches, 1 Otocinslus, 1 Corydora

0 Not allowed!
    Hehe, I don't think your neons, otos or shrimp would have lasted very long! That's why I have a community tank as well. Had to have both aspects covered.

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    This is a very nice tank! I agree with the heater comment maybe go with inline heaters. For the background I would paint it. I saw a cool paint job somewhere done up as a gradient with the bottom being black then progressing to dark blue through light blue the higher in the tank it got. Looked awesome though. Gave a lot of depth.
    120g Mixed Reef In Progress
    120g Reef Journal
    55g Freshwater - Out of Service
    My 55g Tank Remodel Project
    72g Bowfront -Out of Service

A little further from sanity

Awards Showcase

for the fun game! - SeaLady Thank you very very much!! - Compass Love the games. Thank you :) - rebecca_finny TGIF! - showmebutterfly Thanks for your help & points. - metweezer 
    Nice to see you around again. enjoy the pie - fishmommie Thanks! :) I try! - Compass Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7 Thanks so much for everything. - metweezer Thanks for the rep friend :) - Compass 

0 Not allowed!
    I love the new tank and the sevs look great. I have a Hydor inline heater attached to the canister filter on my 120g and love it.
    People say if you can't say something nice then don't say anything at all... Then they wonder why am I so quiet.
    Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes that reason is you are stupid and make bad decisions.

I think my fish is adjusting well to the four gallon, He's laying on his side attempting to go to sleep on the bottom of the gravel.
    A moderator on a fish forum should be able to identify an oscar... Don't you think?

0 Not allowed!
    Thank you Crispy! And thank you Mike for the tips. :) I tried to find inline heaters but they aren't available in new zealand yet apparently! And I looked into painting the tank but thought that might damage the value should I ever want to sell the tank -- the gradient thing sounds awesome though. I was thinking of just spray painting the other side of that paper background black. That way I can still use the rock side if I want. I need a black bg on my 65 community too.

Edit: missed your comment. Thank you very much mommy. I do wish I could find inlines. :( if I was really desperate I could get them shipped from the states.
    Last edited by Amelia; 03-18-2013 at 01:38 PM.