· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Awards Showcase

for posting that article, I laughed so much!!!!!!!! - ScottishFish Kick back and enjoy the day when your done your painting - Cliff thanks for the rep! - EowynShieldmaiden Otis thanks you for the rep - Cliff This one will have a longer life span, sorry to hear about your fish - Cliff 
    For being a smarty pants and figuring out my riddle so fast! :) - escamosa The last one of these Ill ever give! Enjoy the AC bucks Rue! - smaug Yes, there is still a place in today's world for the  Darwin Awarads - Cliff Thanks for the Rep!!! :) - C-Dub Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    Merry Christmas Rue - jeffs99dime Holiday Ham has come today from the eve until Boxing Day! - Trillianne Merry Cristmas and Happy Holidays Rue. - Strider199 It's a Christmas Bunny, Merry Christmas. - gadget228 lol, thanks for the rep.  Have one on me! =] - KevinVA 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Thanks!  You have a great holiday season as well! - sheamurai Merry Christmas - gadget228 What is a good Holiday Ham to do, but bring some cheer to my good friend Rue! - Trillianne Just Because - Surfdog 
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Rue Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Rue 

Default Need iPod wisdom!

0 Not allowed!
    The good news! We just won an iPod...hubby made the raffle ticket out in my younger son's name...and he's off to University this fall - so that was timely. Normally I'd buy him (like I did the others) a laptop as their grad present...but if he won this, can I just buy him paraphernalia? Or will he still need a laptop?

I was wondering if I could buy him a keyboard, and it the device will otherwise function fully for school use (essays, etc.).

Any other accessories I'd need to buy him if it's doable?

He does NOT need two computers just to have two.
    55 g Goldfish Tank - 5 Fancies, 2 Dojos
    25 g Tropical Tank - Celestial Pearl Danio/Mixed

0 Not allowed!
    Are you talking about an iPad or an iPod? iPods play music (they aren't a substitute for computers or laptops).
    "Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." Carl Sagan
    ~ My 350 Litre Tank Journal ~
    ~ My 30 Litre Tank Journal ~

Awards Showcase

for posting that article, I laughed so much!!!!!!!! - ScottishFish Kick back and enjoy the day when your done your painting - Cliff thanks for the rep! - EowynShieldmaiden Otis thanks you for the rep - Cliff This one will have a longer life span, sorry to hear about your fish - Cliff 
    For being a smarty pants and figuring out my riddle so fast! :) - escamosa The last one of these Ill ever give! Enjoy the AC bucks Rue! - smaug Yes, there is still a place in today's world for the  Darwin Awarads - Cliff Thanks for the Rep!!! :) - C-Dub Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    Merry Christmas Rue - jeffs99dime Holiday Ham has come today from the eve until Boxing Day! - Trillianne Merry Cristmas and Happy Holidays Rue. - Strider199 It's a Christmas Bunny, Merry Christmas. - gadget228 lol, thanks for the rep.  Have one on me! =] - KevinVA 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Thanks!  You have a great holiday season as well! - sheamurai Merry Christmas - gadget228 What is a good Holiday Ham to do, but bring some cheer to my good friend Rue! - Trillianne Just Because - Surfdog 
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Rue Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Rue 

0 Not allowed!
    LOL...sorry...typo on my part. Definately an iPad....

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    ...we all have iPods already...so I do know the difference...

...but we're not AppleMac afficionados (sp?)...outside of the iPods...

Awards Showcase

Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 and gift - mommy1 Thanks for the rep - Cliff Thanks for the rep, have a cool one on me, Cheers - Cliff Thanks and a new fish for the tank - glarior 
    Thanks for the gorgeous slide show! - fishmommie Thanks for the rep the other day - Cliff It's a Sudbury Saturday Night, Cheers - Cliff Hockey finals can not be watched without a hockey pop or two - Cliff Thanks for the rep :) - Greentoads41 
    Thanks for the Rep!! - steeler1 Merry Christmas! - steeler1 Merry Christmas - Cliff May you be living as high as the holiday hog this coming year! - Trillianne Happy New Year - mommy1 
    Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 Thanks for the Rep!! - steeler1 Have a Birthday fish!! - steeler1 Here you go sir, I just wish it had been a good game. - steeler1 Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Strider199 

0 Not allowed!
    My daughter has an iPad (tablet) and it's basically an Apple computer. You can buy a case/ keyboard extension but the iPad has a decent key board on the screen. The only thing I haven't tried is to hook it up to a printer.
    It's basically a laptop which you can use iTunes cards to purchase applications for from the on-line Apple store.
    I would google (utube) iPad functions and see if a printer can be accessed with it.
    Warning; Bulldog Pleco guarding my Sons tank now..

Please remember; every keystroke has a consequence.

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    I have heard some people complain that it's impractical to use an iPad touchscreen for serious typing...so if he has a 10 or 20 page essay to write...you need a regular keyboard, and a screen prop, etc.,

That's in part why I'm happiest with a regular laptop...a do a lot of typing, both for work and recreationally.

I like my touchscreen phone, but I hate the touchscreen keyboard...

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas! - fishmommie Merry Xmas! - Sandz Merry Christmas!  Hope you and your family have a great one! - KevinVA Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7 Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 
    Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 I can't send you a real one, sorry for your loses - steeler1 Happy belated Birthday. - steeler58 Happy Drink Like a Viking Friday! - KevinVA Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 
    Sorry for you loss, wish it was a real one. - steeler58 It's EOTW Beer Time! - KevinVA It's fish flake friday, like the old days!! - steeler58 Beer makes monday not suck so bad.. - Sandz In honor of Steelers 5k posts! - Sandz 
    Couldn't give you rep, yet, but you deserve it with your contributions in the Discus/Angel thread.  Thanks! - KevinVA T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Just for you being you! - Slaphppy7 pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie Have a Rummy nose for oldtimes sake ;-) - steeler58 

0 Not allowed!
    Definitely get the keypad for the iPad, our sales staff use them and they're great when more typing is required. Also look into the wireless printers if papers need to be printed out and turned in.

If you have an android phone look into "swype" keyboards, much easier to use than the standard type (I use SlideIT), takes a little getting used but soooooo much easier in the long run.

0 Not allowed!
    I'd flog it and get a gently used Lenovo T-series instead. Way more durable and so much better for typing on.

0 Not allowed!
    Honestly for serious schoolwork I would just recommend a good notebook.
    <-- Click for journals
    "There is no right way to do the wrong thing." - KingFisher "Only bad things happen fast in this hobby" - Cliff

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Strider199 View Post
    My daughter has an iPad (tablet) and it's basically an Apple computer....
    I forgot to ask, what does she use it for?

Quote Originally Posted by JudiJetson View Post
    Definitely get the keypad for the iPad, our sales staff use them and they're great when more typing is required. Also look into the wireless printers if papers need to be printed out and turned in.

If you have an android phone look into "swype" keyboards, much easier to use than the standard type (I use SlideIT), takes a little getting used but soooooo much easier in the long run.
    Thanks! I will look into that! :D

Quote Originally Posted by talldutchie View Post
    I'd flog it and get a gently used Lenovo T-series instead. Way more durable and so much better for typing on.
    I think a laptop is better too...but that's my preferred route. I just didn't want to be too narrow minded in my thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeonflame View Post
    Honestly for serious schoolwork I would just recommend a good notebook.
    Me too. But what possible use is the iPad then? I really don't want him having it just to have it (without a practical purpose...and yes, I'm parenting here)...I don't want it, hubby doesn't want it...my older kids don't need it...

I can try selling it...but where we live selling anything is a PITA...unless I can sell it to a coworker. I'd put the money towards the younger son's laptop and accessories if I did that.

Who knew winning an iPad could be such a downer? ;)