· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberra View Post
    Never had that happen, since I really don't order enough, but I used to be in the habit of writing part of my mailing address as "Sydney, NS". I started writing it as "Sydney, Nova Scotia" after a package containing a stained glass window ornament ended up missent to Australia. I still have the shipping label... Someone wrote "CANADA" in big letters on it, circled and covered with yellow highlighter
    Several years ago there was funny story on the news. Some newlyweds from I think England bought 2 tickets for Nova Scotia. Their plans were to spend time in australia. They clued in on their mistake once they hit customs Canada.

Default usps tracking.... ever happened to you?

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by genocidex View Post
    sounds like the fish would die of starvation and or ammonia poisoning after that long....
    It takes several months for fish to die of starvation. They will most certainly die from a lack of oxygen before they starve. I've done tests on how long fish can survive without food, because many people have this idea that they will die in a week without food.
    Last edited by jaysee; 03-16-2013 at 02:17 PM.
    125 - big fish - BGK
    125 - cichlid community - cichlids (red severums, chanchitos, bolivian rams, blue acara, chocolate), rainbows (yellow, turquoise, red and boesmani), loaches (angelicus, zebra, kuhli and horseface), plecos (BN, RL and clown), denison barbs, pearl gouramis, golden wonder killis
    90 - african community - Congo tetras, african knife, african butterflies, spotted ctenopoma, palmas bichir, african featherfin
    10 - female pink convict
    5 - betta/ADFs

QTs - 2x29, 20H, 20L

0 Not allowed!
    I have actually seen packages and planes reroute some weird ways...

I am taking a trip in May to Punta Cana in the Caribbean. Well we looked into flying to Ft Lauderdale and then flying to PC, it was twice the cost... thats because the flight from Ft lauderdale to PC went up to NYC and then to PC... so yea... they don't plan that stuff very well lol
    The Dirty 75
    11 Parva Rainbow, 2 Platies, 14 Sterbai, 4 Calico BN Pleco
    My Triple 10 Stack
    My First AC Thread

0 Not allowed!
    I always get that when I order something to be shipped into Canada by USPS. USPS says the problem is with Canada post, and Canada Post says the problem is with UPSP. 1 to 8 weeks later I get my package delivered to the door.

I stopped tracking these shipments a while ago as it would always make me mad, and they always would show up at some point
    Last edited by Cliff; 03-16-2013 at 02:34 PM.
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I've had so many "lost" packages it isn't even funny. I can't imagine how the word Ohio would be misread, and the package missent, but it's happened a few times over the past few months, all with express shipments of fish or plants. Very annoying. Fortunately everyone arrived alive - late, but alive.

I dont' the USPS responds well to the pressure of "express" shipping. They all freak out and start messing up.
    Beth
    1 - 55 gallon planted community
    3 - 10 to 20 gallon planted betta tanks
    My advice: slow down, think, and be willing to learn. Then you'll be fine, no matter what.

Awards Showcase

am sure I deserve a few of these... lol - Cyberra Thanks for sharing your X-stitch fish pillow project! - Aminax for being prone to computer problems - Cyberra happy birthday to me... August 29th - Cyberra earned ANOTHER one... siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh - Cyberra 
    I dub thee official greeter to the forum! - korith Happy Belated One Year AC Anniversary! - Rue You need another betta! - Pleco380 it birtha the birthday betta XD - genocidex A birthday betta for you. - mermaidwannabe 
    You need a popsicle after wheelbarrow races! haha - escamosa Where there's plows, there's piggies! :) - escamosa You need some grapes, 'cause they were mentioned in the riddle! haha - escamosa to congratulate you on 2 years! - andreahp Here's one Christmas present! - Rue 
    I'm sorry I couldn't ship you one!! Forgive me! - bethyMT ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ - korith this might help numb your lips lol - Gogi For being awesome and bringing me here. :) - Flyby Stardancer We need to get you up so you have as many bettas as you do in RL. ;) - Flyby Stardancer 

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by korith View Post
    Several years ago there was funny story on the news. Some newlyweds from I think England bought 2 tickets for Nova Scotia. Their plans were to spend time in australia. They clued in on their mistake once they hit customs Canada.
    That happens once or twice a year, roughly. When it does happen, we do our best to help them make the best of it, and the inadvertent visitors rarely have many complaints

The probability of being watched is directly proportional to the stupidity of the act

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I once had a very frustrating experience with the post office. The tracking info had the package listed as 'delivered' despite never being delivered. I called the post office literally 10 times in about 10 days. I always tried to be as polite as possible about it, because I know with rude people they'd rather just hang up, but one time I was actually hung up on by the post office. I was not even given a chance to respond. The guy said something to the extent of "there's nothing I can do and if you don't like it then call your congressman" - *click*. In hindsight I wish I had redialed and tried to get that guy fired. I wasn't even slightly rude.

I never ended up getting my package. Apparently it's against the law for the post office to give refunds for lost packages. Something congress passed awhile back. I wish the guy who had hung up on me had said that, instead of having to call 3 or 4 more times before someone told me. The best explanation I was given is that since it said 'delivered' they probably delivered it to the wrong address and that person kept the package and never told anyone.

Luckily it wasn't a delivery for live fish.

I should probably be posting this on the USPS complaint website, but whatever. Thanks for listening to my rant if you bothered to read this. In the future I plan on avoiding USPS when possible.

0 Not allowed!
    Omg yes this happened to me last month. My husband and I just started our first seller account on eBay to sell trading cards. I worked really hard at researching how to be a good seller because I wanted to get really good feedback and build a history as this is an account we would be selling from for a long time. On our first round of auctions, our very first sale was a guy who bought $200 of product from us. I promptly put it in the mail the next day with USPS Priority mail with tracking and insurance. For some reason I decided to snap a cellphone picture of the package before I sent it off.
    Fast forward two days. The package was addressed to Oviedo, FL. I tracked it (using the cell phone picture as a reference for the tracking # and it said it was scanned in Orlando.
    ~Manna
    10 gallon live planted aquarium with 6 neons
    90 gallon fw community in progress