· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by snappinfool View Post
    Driftwood is in the TANK!!! Looks amazing IMO, Let me know what ya'll think!Attachment 28011
    Nice piece of wood. Difficult to make out exactly in this pic but to me the right end seems unnaturally off the sand. If that is so... I would position it so it looks like it's fallen more than positioned.

That aside, it has potential. I'd plant on and around it a bit.

As to the pots. Don't know where you are but once it gets sunny and summery, you can always leave them outside in a container with dirty tank water for a few weeks to see if you can get algae to grow on them

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    The tank itself is well underway, I went to my LFS and me and my GF sat and talked with the owner of the store for about an hour before we actually started picking fish. He turned out to be VERY knowledgeable and informative, brought him a cup of tank water and he said my numbers we 100% ready to add fish. Picked up 4 Peppered Cory's, 3 Diamond Tetras (GF thought they were shiny and pretty, not gonna lie though they are great looking), 5 GBR (3F-2M, I actually sat and talked with him about these exclusively for about 30 mins) all of the GBR are around 2 months old and haven't developed much color yet. He gave me a 14day warranty on the fish. Got home and Let everyone adapt to the water in their bags, released the Cory's first waited about 5 mins, then released the diamond tetras, waited about 5 mins, then the Rams. This was last Friday and the tank is doing GREAT, watching ammonia an PH daily. Everyone is happy, hungry and healthy. Feeding everyone 2x a day, flakes in the AM and Blood Worms in the PM. I will get some pics up ASAP.

0 Not allowed!
    So, if that person was knowledgeable then why keep tetras and cories in number so low?

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    gonna add to the schools, just wanted to get tank established with the separate types of fish. Those particular tetras do best in odd numbers so it was either 3 or 5 chose three so not to overload the tank. I want to get a school of at least 6 corys possibly even eight.