· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

0 Not allowed!
    I acclimate my corals to new light over two days. That has worked well for me so far.

Forcing air into a gravity drain line will make things worse. You need the correct amount of airflow for your drain line. A one inch line should be able to handle 600 GPH. Based on the pics, I would guess you are getting very close to 600 gph if your pump has a rating of just under 700 gph.

When you tested the air mixture before, did you start with valve off and then increase by 1/4 turns waiting at least a few minuted in between attempts ?

The reason why I ask is that I don't even have that large of a air hole on my 1.5 inch duriso stand pipe with well over 1000 gph flowing through it.

My only other guess would be there is something different about your plumbing set-up as compaired to a typical duriso standpipe requiring more air. In that case you can try a second air / vent line with a valve on it as well. Start with the first air valve wide open and the second closed, opening the second one by a 1/4 turns (followed by a waiting period to see/hear the effects) until you get the correct air flow.
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    cliff what is your percentage's and how many timers are you running? also how do you set up the location or the lunar range for a location?

i nailed the sound problem- i lowered the air hose about .5" and started with a closed valve and opened it slightly over the course of an hour and nailed it- awesome thanks a million- now i gotta quiet my return into my sump- im getting a filter sock tomorrow hopefully that will reduce bubbles.

so far the tank is all great- added some CUC to the tank they are doing great- took about 15 pieces from my 55 Gallon tank and placed it in here pretty awsome looking-

i love these AI SOL leds- a must have for any reefer- i have them set to 30% white and 40/40 Royal(just like my halides) and regular blue- i think i want to ramp the blues to 75% from 8am to noon and cut off at noon, have the whites ramp from 10am to 4pm at 60-70%(for coral growth) and blues on at 50% at 3pm and ramp down to lunar cycle.
    10G Algae tank-The Nano was moved to the 55G
    55G Reef-
    55G FOWLR-soon
    55G Coral only-soon
    150G-reef/ fowlr? Soon
    75G predator tanksoon

DIY live rock

0 Not allowed!
    I'm glad to hear you got the drain noise gone. Nothing bugs me more than getting alot of noise from a drain line, but I be a littel OCD about noise coming from my tanks

Currently my SOLs are set to: RB: 60%, Blue: 75% and white: 50%. I have a one hour ramp up and ramp down period from this followed by: RB:05%, Blue 05% and White 0% to give me a moon light effect (white I really love). You'll have to keep in mind that I have 24 inch tall tanks with carpet anemones in the substrate in one of them (high light demanding) and my SOLs are about 10 inches above the top of my tank. You may need less or more than I have based on those two factors in your set-up. I do not use the Lunar feature at all so I can't offer much help there.

Your tank is looking really good BTW
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    just a quick update- got my filter socks today and man what a change in sump noise.

been about a week since that tank has been set up and running- all parameters are in good range- nitrates are at 15 ppm that's because i took rock from my 55 gallon tank- so i may add a denitrate reactor- im adding two dosing pumps next week for cal and alk and i have a heavy coral load already.

mag 1350
    alk 10dkh
    cal 420ppm

i ordered a small pump and plan on making a mini scrubber (kinda like cliffs but smaller) for this tank- cant have to many safe guards.
    Last edited by Hpimichael02; 03-25-2013 at 05:32 PM.
    55G Reef-
    55G FOWLR-soon
    55G Coral only-soon
    150G-reef/ fowlr? Soon
    75G predator tanksoon

DIY live rock

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    so almost 3 weeks since water hit the tank so far so good. i figured since that all my levels were low that ill do a ULNS in this tank. so i got the following

Brightwell Products:
    Replenish
    koralcolor
    restore
    microbacter7
    coral amino
    vitamin c

other products
    VODKA

so started this about 4 days ago, im now dosing .2ML of vodka until the 7th day till i start dosing .5ML. im currently only dosing 5ml of microbactr7 for the next two weeks and then ill start the rest of the system. im also dosing 2.5ML of restore tro help my corals that got hurt during light acclimation.

since my nitrates and P04 are pretty close to 0 so im pretty sure .5ml dose daily will lead to .5ml dose of vodka 3 times a week. then ill start doseing the rest, most of my SPS were in my 55 Gallon which had nitrates at or above 20PPM and .5P04 so most were brown, after 4 days the colors are already improving.
    55G Reef-
    55G FOWLR-soon
    55G Coral only-soon
    150G-reef/ fowlr? Soon
    75G predator tanksoon

DIY live rock

0 Not allowed!
    Just a word of warning when carbon dosing. Keep a close eye on your dKH level. Carbon dosing most often will effect your dKH levels which can cause small/minor swings in other parameters. You likely have already found that info, but I though I would mention it just incase

I would love to see some pics soon

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    temporary_zpse487b17c.jpg
    this is the tank as of now, so far so good, got some brown algea but thats to be expected from a new tank, hwo ever since doseing vodka i have not had to clean the glass, so its all being experoted by my eshoppes 100 skimmer(rated for 100+ gallons fo water on a 26 gallons of water )
    55G Reef-
    55G FOWLR-soon
    55G Coral only-soon
    150G-reef/ fowlr? Soon
    75G predator tanksoon

DIY live rock

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    as you can see the picture above it had a tad bit of a haze- im assuming a bacteria cloud. how ever i dosed again yesterday in doubt but i did, i increased my skimmer to a tad bit wet. and wow i came home today the water is crystal clear! the downfall i had my AI SOL Blue set to 75%white 100% RB and B and all my polyps were not extended , after a quick search i realized that after a bacteria bloom dies and gets skimmed out the water usually has a lot less stuff in the water column i.e nitrates and phosphates that can help protect the color from the light by refraction, this is gone so i turned my W down to 45% and 30 minutes later all polyps.

today was also the day to increase the vodka so i doubled dosage to .2 ml, in a couple days i will start dosing at .6 ml

what a great learning experience.
    55G Reef-
    55G FOWLR-soon
    55G Coral only-soon
    150G-reef/ fowlr? Soon
    75G predator tanksoon

DIY live rock

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    AI SOL SUPER BLUE up for sale with controller in classifieds.
    55G Reef-
    55G FOWLR-soon
    55G Coral only-soon
    150G-reef/ fowlr? Soon
    75G predator tanksoon

DIY live rock